I have a question regarding character creation.

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Fang9029
Shelled Plebeian

I have a question regarding character creation.

Post by Fang9029 »

During character creation, when making combat stats or attacks and magic spells, is there a limit how how many a starting character should have. Especially magic, as some of my players keep making more and more magic spells during character creation.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Re: I have a question regarding character creation.

Post by Sabersonic »

I don't really recall where, but Clay mentioned a maximum of 5 different Attack variations for a character on the forum so a similar ruling could be used for Magic.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

There's no strict limitation on either, so I can't really point you to a specific section in the rulebook to tame your Players'...creativity.

That said, 3 Attacks generally does the job, and any more than 5 is getting excessive. Magic lists can run a little longer—but even then 5 "trademark" spells should generally do the trick.
IlinaYoung
Shelled Plebeian

Post by IlinaYoung »

you generally shouldn't need more than 5 attacks or 5 spells or even up to 10 unless your character is famous for their encyclopedic knowledge of techniques.