Some Help With a Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Idea

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

GoukaRyuu
Shelled Plebeian

Some Help With a Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Idea

Post by GoukaRyuu »

Hello, I have had the OVA book for a few years now, my brother got it for me as a gift. I was recently reminded of it and the fact that when I had described the nature of the system to my friend many moons ago that he challenged me to create a CGDCT game. So I have one with a twist.

At first it just seems like your normal 5 cute girls of various personalities having daily comic misadventures. In reality, 3 of those girls are aliens that have been sent to study Earth by their planets/galactic governments, not that they know the others are aliens. Of the two Earth girls one is essentially a female Dib from Invader Zim, highly perceptive and recognizing they are aliens but also totally into the supernatural and trying to get them to join her Supernatural Studies club. The fifth girl is an athletic tomboy who, due to an accident, can no longer really compete in sports and is being dragged along by her friend, the Dib. She also happens to be particularly unobservant and is the only character unaware of any supernatural business going on; and the player of this character would be kept in the dark of the true nature of this game, at least in the beginning.

So, I was wondering if I could post the stats I have come up with so far here and maybe have people offer criticism or suggestions for improvement?
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Some Help With a Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Idea

Post by Malancthon »

Sounds interesting. I'd at least be willing to take a look at them and maybe make some suggestions.
GoukaRyuu
Shelled Plebeian

Post by GoukaRyuu »

Okay then. The only one I have completely finished so far is one I have named Barbara Sten. She is an "exchange student" from "Scandinavia." She is a slightly tall, pale girl with really blonde hair and blue eyes who is also mostly emotionally dull but incredibly intelligent. In reality, she is actually a race of aliens that are sentient minerals. Think something like the Tholians from Star Trek. She is a psychic and it essentially projecting many mental commands that equate to the sight, sound, smell, touch, and other sensations of a human being. Because I don't necessarily see her as having a transformation I just statted her twice, once her in regular form and once in her "disguise."

Barbara Sten (Emotionless, Psychic Mineral)

Her Normal Form

Life Support +3
Psychic +5
Smart +3
Telekinesis +3

Bizarre Appearance -3
Ineptitude -3 (Humanities/Liberal Arts)
Overconfident -1
Quirk -2 (Alien to Human Culture + comments on things being like movies they have seen)
Rude -1
Secret -3 (Is an Alien)

Her Disguise Form

Beautiful +4
Life Support +3
Psychic +5
Smart +3
Telekinesis +3

Ineptitude -3 (Humanities/Liberal Arts)
Love Magnet -2
Overconfident -1
Quirk -2 (Alien to Human Culture + comments on things being like movies they have seen)
Rude -1
Secret -3 (Is an Alien)
Unique Weakness -2 (Constant psychic signal)

Essentially in her regular form she is an incredibly powerful psychic (+5), as befitting her species. But, because of having to constantly send out psychic signals to everyone around her when in disguise she effectively only has +3 instead. I figured since this would mostly be a CGDCT game and be more about interaction and such, and also having the -3 secret of being an alien and not wanting to be caught, it would be something to rarely be used at full power. I realize now that I didn't include emotionless; I don't have the book on me right now so I don't remember if that was in there or I need to create the weakness. Either way, if you have any questions, suggestions, or advice I would love to hear it!
GoukaRyuu
Shelled Plebeian

Post by GoukaRyuu »

Okay, I kind of haven't been posting the rest of what I had because I'm not finished, I've been busy, and I didn't know the state of the forums given all the "quality content" being mass posted on these forums. But I have a question so I'll post what I have on the next girl.

The next girl is Iori Minase, no relation to the voice actress Minori Inase, in spite looking nearly identical minus the eye-color. In reality she is from a race of shape-shifters that, to human eyes anyways, look more like an amorphous blob that fluctuates and looks close to humanoid-esque on occasion. Iori has two secrets. The one that she is an alien, but she is aware that her race is totally considering making contact with Earth so she isn't has invested in keeping it as the others, and the other, which is much more important to her. She is a princess. She took the opportunity to join up on this mission just to run away and get some freedom. Already being sheltered as a Princess, she is even more a fish out of water because she didn't read the briefing packet for this mission and is unaware about a lot of stuff on Earth. Her being missing on her home planet has also made it imperative for some to locate and retrieve her ASAP. Given not used to spending long periods of time in a morph she gets the unresistible urge every few hours to flux her morph or undo it entirely for a good 5 to 10 minutes. Her not used to being in a fairly stable biped form also makes her a bit clumsy. So, here are her stats in her transformed state and in her base state:

Charismatic +1
Cute +4
Knowledge +3 (Biology)
Knowledge +3 (Anatomy)
Shape-Shifter +4

Clumsy -1
Impulsive -1
Kind-Hearted -1
Naive -2
Unique Weakness -2 (Need to morph)
Unique Weakness -2 (Misrecognizied)
Secret -1 (Is an Alien)
Secret -3 (Is a Princess)
Wanted -1

Charismatic +1
Knowledge +3 (Biology)
Knowledge +3 (Anatomy)
Shape-Shifter +4

Bizarre Appearance -3
Impulsive -1
Kind-Hearted -1
Naive -2
Secret -1 (Is an Alien)
Secret -3 (Is a Princess)
Wanted -1

Now, while I am starting to think this is a good finalized set of stats for the character, I was wondering if I wanted to give her a companion AI would that be companion and then gear or a geared companion? I may not even bother now, but it is probably still important to ask.