Kickstarter!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Clay
Dangerously Sane

Kickstarter!

Post by Clay »

I've made a post to my blog about my intent to fund the print run of OVA with a Kickstarter. You can find that here.

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment on the blog or to this thread if you find that more convenient.

If you don't want to have to site hop, I've included the main part of that entry here. I'm basically trying to determine what Kickstarter premiums you would most like to see and how much you'd be willing to pledge extra to receive them. I also want to hear which don't interest you and why. These are just a list of ideas, and not a commitment to offering any of these items.

Early Access to the PDF

Self explanatory. How much earlier than its release date would you expect to see it? What would the least amount of time be to feel you’re getting something?

Signed Copy of the Book

Would personalized inscriptions increase your interest in this?

Trading Cards
Cards featuring art from the game. May also include quick reference for character stats or an extremely simple mini-game.

Limited Edition Box
A box including the book, quick-start player books, character sheets, and a set of dice.

Art Prints
Frame-able prints of artwork from the game. What size would you want to see most? Or would you like to see it poster-sized?

Wall Scroll
Artwork from the game printed on a wall scroll just like the ones you see for commercial anime.

Character Figure
A painted mini sculpture of one of the OVA characters, similar to ones common for most anime. Which character would you most want to see given this treatment?

Personalized Character Pin-Up

An illustration of your OVA character as part of a custom-designed character sheet.

Lifetime Wise Turtle Subscription
Free access to all future Wise Turtle products. Includes PDF and print versions. FOREVAH.

So what do you think?
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Kickstarter!

Post by Bubba333 »

An early PDF and for higher pledges, a signed, color hardcover. I am most definitely in! Let's get this going! :mrgreen:
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

So...?
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

...? :(
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

12 days...no Clay. We're organizing a search-party!
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Oy, sorry Bubba. Just not much to report! I appreciate your input

Are you really the only person left on these forums anymore? Seems all the regulars were scared off by the inactivity and the spam epidemic.

Oh well, thanks for commenting, Bubba.
Commissar Jake
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Commissar Jake »

This has got me interested, after all OVA was pretty good, Kinda clunky but it did give plenty of choice. So yes a kickstarter sounds good if (Not trying to sound rude) something does happen.

Personally I don't know if there was a reason that you never released the source books for Mecha & Fantasy as I haven't been to your site before but if you are going to do this, please promise even if you don't manage to raise enough that you'll at least attempt to do what you planned to do.

Anyway, Sounds good, Best of luck.

- Commissar Jake
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Clay wrote:Oy, sorry Bubba. Just not much to report! I appreciate your input

Are you really the only person left on these forums anymore? Seems all the regulars were scared off by the inactivity and the spam epidemic.

Oh well, thanks for commenting, Bubba.
I certainly hope not! I've tried to fan the flames, but I think that something on RPG-net from you (when you've got a sexy, little teaser of some sort) would really help. Here's to OVA!
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

So...what's the situation? Are we kicking a starter or not? :mrgreen:
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Hey Bubba,

I don't want to launch a kickstarter until the book is closer to completion, but I'm hoping for November. Mark your calendars! (preferably not in permanent marker. You know how I am with dates.)
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

November's close and I've got faith in ya'. Don't worry about the delay. It's nice that you pop in and chat us up, so by all means keep doing that.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

OVA! OVA! OVA! OV...OK, I'll stop now. :mrgreen: (So...excited...!)
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

What the French, toast?! People! Get back on here! Show the game some love! I swear, if lack of interest kills the Revised Edition I shall be very, very not-happy! :evil:
ShinreiKuno
Shelled Plebeian

Post by ShinreiKuno »

Someone has to back Bubba333 up, so, for a bad pun, I cast:

"Animate Thread"

(hope it helps...)

Seriously, though, looking forward to more from Clay.
Bubba333
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Bubba333 »

Thanks, man. I'm wondering if this Revised Edition's going to die in the womb, you know? Maybe we can get some dialogue going about what we'd like to do with it or have done with the older edition?