Persona-User or Similar in OVA?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Seizui
Shelled Plebeian

Persona-User or Similar in OVA?

Post by Seizui »

Okay, most folks have played Persona 3 and 4. I don't know many who have played Persona 1 and 2. Likely a little more of Persona 1 now that it came out on the PSP. But, I digress.

There is something that is all in common: The characters are able to summon mythological beings from their mind to attack the enemies. They do it via magic or the being's physical power. However, the said physical beings grant the characters the ability to stand on their own in fights.

The games have different methods: 1 and 2 presents the Persona Game or 'Master Persona', where a ritual is done of calling out the Persona. They dream of a butterfly who asks them their name. If they can say their name, they are bestowed the Persona, or Guardian. If not, then nothing. Persona 3 involved using a tool to force it out called an evoker, which draws upon their fear. Persona 4 is pretty much coming in terms with your shadow, which is pretty much your Persona, but untamed. It is a part of you that you are ashamed of.

I haven't played 1 yet, but 2 allowed many of the characters to switch Persona.

Also, Jojo's Bizzare Adventures is another thing similar to that.

Now, I am curious how would a Persona-User be designed.
calibur1
Worthy Tortoise

Post by calibur1 »

This is a job for Servant or Transformation.
dexdeldio
Shelled Plebeian

Stand user or similar

Post by dexdeldio »

servant is defenitly the way you should go I don't know much about persona but when it comes to jojo's bizarre adventure I know quite a bit so I will talk like that is what you want to know

depending on the stand you'd want to add a special weakness restricting movement to near the character for example Jotaro's stand star platinum or Dio's stand The World can only appear right next to them with a range of about 2 feet (-3) while Hierophant Green, Kakyoin's stand, can move quite a distance from him before weakening (-1).

when a stand is hurt the user is hurt in exactly the same way so I'd say give it a -2 special weakness that converts damage from the stand to the user.

I'm not sure what number you'd give this but a stand can't be used while the user's unconscious excluding certain exceptions

also stands can only be damaged by other stands what sort of special ability would that be? I suppose if the game where to take place in the universe where stands are common place then it would be a +1 or even +0 but I don't know can anyone else comment on this?

I pull the examples from the third series because that is where stands started and the most popular in the US

I don't know how much this helps with persona but maybe some of this will work in a similar way.
Me? I'm just this guy, ya know?
Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

The revised version is going to be including a Monster Battler archetype, so that should be a good analog for Persona
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!
Seizui
Shelled Plebeian

Re: Stand user or similar

Post by Seizui »

dexdeldio wrote:servant is defenitly the way you should go I don't know much about persona but when it comes to jojo's bizarre adventure I know quite a bit so I will talk like that is what you want to know

depending on the stand you'd want to add a special weakness restricting movement to near the character for example Jotaro's stand star platinum or Dio's stand The World can only appear right next to them with a range of about 2 feet (-3) while Hierophant Green, Kakyoin's stand, can move quite a distance from him before weakening (-1).

when a stand is hurt the user is hurt in exactly the same way so I'd say give it a -2 special weakness that converts damage from the stand to the user.

I'm not sure what number you'd give this but a stand can't be used while the user's unconscious excluding certain exceptions

also stands can only be damaged by other stands what sort of special ability would that be? I suppose if the game where to take place in the universe where stands are common place then it would be a +1 or even +0 but I don't know can anyone else comment on this?

I pull the examples from the third series because that is where stands started and the most popular in the US

I don't know how much this helps with persona but maybe some of this will work in a similar way.
Just to show those who don't know what Persona in battle is like:

Persona 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98OccHjtaA
Persona 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go8aPLEwDww
Persona 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs-1d1s2fpc
FrankJScott
Exalted Amphibian

Best Product Tips

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about New Product Website 836231d
FrankJScott
Exalted Amphibian

Top Rated Product Blog