My Dungeons and Dragons Conversion

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Re: My Dungeons and Dragons Conversion

Post by Sabersonic »

Well, Shadiverity has another Fantasy Rearmed video on four-armed beings, so let's try a conversion shall we?
Humanoid, Four-Armed

(4 Points)
DX[END] - Attack
  • 3[0] - “Long Sword” (Effective; Reach. Elaborate Gestures, Both Hands on Weapon; Weapon)
  • 2[0] - “Spear” (Reach. Weapon)
  • 1[0] - “Shield Bash” (Defensive; Stunning. Ineffective; Low Penetration x2; Requirement x2, "Heater Shield")
  • 4[0] - “Heavy War Bow” (Armor Piercing x2; Effective x2; Ranged. Activation; Elaborate Gestures, Both Hands on Weapon; Weapon)
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Armored "Heater Shield"
  • +1 - Attack*
  • +2 - Evasion "Heater Shield"
  • +2 - Many-Handed
  • +2 - Time Freeze
Level - Weakness
  • -3 - Bizarre Appearance
  • -1 - Focus "Heater Shield" (Armored and Evasion "Heater Shield")
* Indicates that Character Ability/ies are of higher value than human norm, thus applicable for Scaled Advantage
Additionally, in that same video it was also mentioned that dual-wielding weapons can get tiring, especially it doesn't have a guard position that is also a natural resting one, so I figured that I'll alter my previous entry to the following:
Dual-Wield Short/Arming Sword
Outnumbered
Defensive (+5); Effective (+5); Multiple Targets (+10). Elaborate Gestures (-5); Inaccurate (-5); Weapon (-5)
Dueling
Defensive (+5); Effective (+5); Overwhelming (+15). Elaborate Gestures (-5); Inaccurate (-5); Unwieldy (-5); Weapon (-5)
The ultimate swordmanship; the skill to wield two one-handed swords at once to combat multiple enemies or overwhelm an opponent in single combat. However, it takes great mental and physical coordination, grace that is almost to the brink of inhuman, in order to utilize this skill successful
That way, it should put in a bit more balancing to show that, though it can be particularly devastating to an opponent or when surrounded, eventually one's gonna run out of steam. And considering what Shad said about four-armed opponents, you're gonna want every advantage you can get your hand on.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Re: My Dungeons and Dragons Conversion

Post by Sabersonic »

And Shadiversity has another Fantasy Reloaded episode, this time detailing what vampires would wield.

An interesting note is how, through Shad's interpretation of vampire strength, they shouldn't be able to crush a guy in plate armor on their own. So I'll try my hand at it with this interpretation.
Vampire

(3 Points)
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - Bite (Fatiguing; Paralyzing; Vampire. Feather Blow; Ineffective; Low Penetration)
  • 3[0] - Mace (Impairing; Stunning. Ineffective; Low Penetration; Weapon)
  • 4[0] - Vampire Arming Sword (Armor Piercing x2; Reach. Unique x2, Minimum of Strong +2; Weapon)
  • 4[0] - Vampire Sling (Impairing; Ranged, St. Powered; Stunning. Activation; Unique x2, Minimum of Strong +2; Weapon)
  • 4[0] - Vampire War Bow (Armor Piercing x2; Effective; Ranged, St. Powered. Elaborate Gestures, Both Hands on Weapon; Unique x2, Minimum of Strong +2; Weapon)
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Agile
  • +3 - Evasive
  • +2 - Healer (Effective x2; No Gestures. Buildup x2; Self-Only)
  • +3 - Heighten Senses (Sight)
  • +5 - Hypnosis
  • +1 - Flight
  • +3 - Life Support (Undead)
  • +3 - Perceptive "Night Vision"
  • +3 - Quick
  • +2 - Strong
  • +1 - Transformation (Bat)
  • +1 - Transformation (Mist)
  • +1 - Transformation (Wolf)
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Accidental Transformation (Mist when HP depleted)
  • -2 - Bizarre Appearance
  • -2 - Compulsion "Nocturnal"
  • -3 - Dependency "Drink the Blood of the Living"
  • -2 - Dependency "Sleep in Soil"
  • -3 - Fear "Salt and Garlic"
  • -2 - Impaired Sense "Taste"
  • -2 - Obsession "Arithmomania"
  • -3 - Unique "Paralyzed when Staked in the Heart"
  • -3 - Unique "Reduced Strength during Daytime Hours" (All abilities reduced to 1/2 value)
  • -2 - Vulnerability "Holy/Blessed Objects"
  • -3 - Vulnerability "Silver"
Transformation (Wolf)
  • +2 - Heightened Sense (Hearing)
  • +2 - Heightened Sense (Smell)
  • +2 - Quick
  • -1 - Bizarre Appearance "Abnormally large Wolf"
  • -2 - Mute
  • -2 - Unique "Impaired Manipulation" (No Manipulative Limbs)
Some of the attributes and transformations were lifted from blobathehut's own vampire design. The whole wolf thing was my own addition.

As for the other abilities and weaknesses, well I'm going with a mix between the classical and modern interpretation of the vampire with heavy leanings towards the classical in which vampires are rather paralyzed rather than killed through a steak in the heart and are less powerful during daylight hours as opposed to just a blanket vulnerability to sunlight.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad