It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: My Dungeons and Dragons Conversion
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:17 pm 
Exalted Amphibian

Sabersonic wrote:
Dual-Wield Short/Arming Sword
Outnumbered
Accurate (+5); Effective (+5); Multiple Targets (+10). Elaborate Gestures (-5); Unique, Minimum of Agile +2 (-10); Weapon (-5)
Dueling
Accurate (+5); Effective (+5); Overwhelming (+15). Elaborate Gestures (-5); Unique, Minimum of Agile +2 (-10); Unwieldy (-5); Weapon (-5)
The ultimate swordmanship; the skill to wield two one-handed swords at once to combat multiple enemies or overwhelm an opponent in single combat. However, it takes great mental and physical coordination, grace that is almost to the brink of inhuman, in order to utilize this skill successful.

I've thought about it before. If using D&D as a base, then Inaccurate would be more appropriate since it's harder to fight with two weapons. I just used Effective +1, Inaccurate -1 to simulate it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:02 am 
Exalted Amphibian

Malancthon wrote:
I've thought about it before. If using D&D as a base, then Inaccurate would be more appropriate since it's harder to fight with two weapons. I just used Effective +1, Inaccurate -1 to simulate it.

Which is why I've added the whole caveat of needing a minimal level of Agility to negate such an issue. How any prospective GM determines the penalty of use without meeting said requirements is up to them.

Still, I did take a look at the initial Perk and Flaw list and figured that it didn't need accurate for both dual wielding executions since the chief advantage of having a one-handed weapon in each hand is more effective defense as Shadiversity explains in this video. So I just replaced "Accurate" with "Defensive" and should about do it.

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm 
Dangerously Sane

Fascinating stuff, everyone! Thanks to everyone who contributed. I'm sure a lot of people making the jump from games like D&D to OVA will appreciate it.

To address something brought up earlier in the thread, I personally think the typical shield would serve as a flat Defense Roll Bonus (ala Evasive), as opposed to Barrier or Armored.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:46 pm 
Exalted Amphibian

Clay wrote:
To address something brought up earlier in the thread, I personally think the typical shield would serve as a flat Defense Roll Bonus (ala Evasive), as opposed to Barrier or Armored.

Well thanks for the clarification on that front Clay, that notation of using ones EP to boost the barrier's defence did seem rather odd for something like a shield.

Though this means that I'll need to do a few changes in some of my profiles. Still, it does give some ideas of a physical shield that can be used as a magical it or foci to generate a barrier.

Either way, thanks for the compliment on ourcontributions, half-baked and brain farts all.

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Moderators: Clay, Jade Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6