OVA homebrew setting & scenario

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

markodude
Exalted Amphibian

OVA homebrew setting & scenario

Post by markodude »

I was looking around for inspiration for my next OVA adventure, so I looked around for info/scenarios for the Anima Beyond Fantasy rpg, a spanish game with a not-so-good clunky system, but a wonderful anime setting.

And then on the site http://trecetigres.com I found a OVA 2nd edition scenario & setting!

Unfortunately it's in spanish, but it looks really well done and professional.

The setting is inspired by Final Fantasy type-0: characters are young students in a mercenary academy (Matsuda Academy) and fight both soldiers and monsters. There are three full statted characters and some npcs, if someone, like me, understand spanish, can probably use it.

Here's the link: https://app.box.com/s/083680h836nk3i5cutd4vuz4bwj8wra2

La prueba definitiva

UPDATE: there's also a second scenario, but for some reason the downloaded file is corrupted and can only be read online. By the way this is it:

Cuestión de Justicia
https://app.box.com/s/5yw7z4oraaiw604sml8e5smzepodlhhg
Attachments
One of the three sample characters
One of the three sample characters
Cattura.PNG (124.88 KiB) Viewed 6062 times
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: OVA homebrew setting & scenario

Post by Clay »

That's pretty impressive! It took a lot of effort to recreate the layout of the actual book. I wish they spoke English so they could drop by the forums and share more about their game.
markodude
Exalted Amphibian

Post by markodude »

there's also a second scenario, but for some reason the downloaded file is corrupted and can only be read online.
I just learned that it's my Adobe Acrobat that needs an update. The file has no problem at all.
That's pretty impressive! It took a lot of effort to recreate the layout of the actual book. I wish they spoke English so they could drop by the forums and share more about their game.
Yep! I wish I had their skills to be able to post my homebrew material with style.

Well, if they created these two scenarios this means they know OVA quite well, and so they probably speak english, but I see that the site is isn't updated since last year. It's a pity, because I liked a lot their work.
Yachi
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Yachi »

Hi, i'm the author of these scenarios. I was searching some info for my new game and then... wow, that's my work! ^^

I post them here some time ago (viewtopic.php?t=12440) but as you can see mi website was down for a time. The web is not updated regularly, but I am writing new content and hope to offer some new this year.

I would like to be able to offer my adventures in english, but I do not feel confident in my language skills to do it.

Create a layout similar to the original is not so hard with the book as reference (i work with indesgin in my job) but I'm flattered that you liked it.
markodude
Exalted Amphibian

Post by markodude »

Yes I liked them a lot and now that I am developing my setting (FF7 is the main inspiration) and I found the stats for the characters and opponents really useful!

If there is any other material somewhere I think that it will be appreciated. No problem for the language, I can probably translate the adventures easily. Unfortunately I am not that good at planning/statting my own adventures since I usually play "improvising" (everything but the setting)
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Hello Yachi! I knew I had seen your files before, but I didn't realize it was because you posted it here! Welcome back, and please, feel free to post here as often as you like. You English is just fine!

And ah, I see! I used InDesign myself. The original edition from 2005 was done in Quark...which is an inherently illogical program top to bottom. *laughs*