Certifiable Carl's Used Ship and Giant Robot Lot

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Certifiable Carl's Used Ship and Giant Robot Lot

Post by Sabersonic »

Well, considering that Maverick Arkguard has yet to publish a "Post your Mecha" thread, I figured that I might as well give it a go. So, well, here we go.

For the inaugural entries, I have two designs from an old show that I'm sure not many of you are familiar with: Hypernauts. It should be good enough jumping off platforms for later deigns not only myself, but for others who need a bit of inspiration. Though I should note that I have attempted to utilize custom houserules in their design from Clay, Maverick Arkguard, as well as my own if only as to give some additional depth to the design or at least give some unique ideas for a campaign setting.
Mechsuit
A bipedal utility vehicle, the Mechsuit is utilized by the Academy of Galactic Exploration in the extraction of resources, construction and maintenance. Its modular design allows the Mechsuit to be utilized in a variety of environments through different maneuver attachments; The aforementioned bipedal locomotion drive allows for terrestrial-based travel in compatible environments while the jump sled pack allows for space-borne maneuverability and agility for orbital mechanics and is equipped with a short-ranged Hyper Bubble. The main module of the Mechsuit is equipped with two manipulators that allow the vehicle to grab, move, and carry objects with the undersides of these manipulators are fitted with high powered drill lasers.

(2 Vehicle/Mech Points)
HEALTH: 60
ENDURANCE: 60
TV: 16
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Drill Laser” (Affinity, Energy. Effective; Multiple Targets; Ranged. Buildup; Requirement x2, Liquid Free/Humidity Light Environment)
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Alternate Form “Jump Sled Pack”
    - Quick +2
    - Spaceflight +3
    - Teleport “Hyper Bubble” +5
    - Expendable Use "Quick" (Water Remass) -1
    - Limited Use “Hyper Bubble” -2
    -Unique “No Jump Jets” -3
    - Unique “No Legs” -2
  • +3 - Armored
  • +2 - Combat Expert
  • +2 - Jumping “Jump Jets”
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +3 - Perceptive “LADAR” (Cancel x2, Refraction Heavy Conditions)
  • +4 - Perceptive “Radar”
  • +2 - Tough
  • +2 - Vigorous
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Awkward Size (Small)
  • -1 - Identifiable Use “Radar” (Radar)
  • -2 - Ineptitude “Manual Dexterity”
  • -2 - Limited Use “Jump Jets”
  • -3 - Precondition Use “Jump Sled Pack” (Hangar Bay)
  • -3 - Periodical Maintenance
  • -2 - Restricted Freedom “Conditional Ownership”
  • -2 - Servitude “Conditional Ownership”
  • -2 - Unique “Unstable Power Core” (For each attack that deals a complication, perform a Luck Dice check against DN 4 with Level of Flaw to prevent total shut down)
  • -1 - Unique “Volatile” (1d Check vs. DN 2 for Explosion when 0 HP or lower. Character suffers DX-2, Level 1 Area Effect Attack plus Scale Advantage)
HEX/Grid Conversion
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Drill Laser” (Affinity, Energy. Effective; Forward; Multiple Targets; Ranged. Buildup; Requirement x2, Liquid Free/Humidity Light Environment)
Flapjack
The standard transatmospheric, Hyper Bubble capable aerospace craft of the Academy of Galactic Exploration, the Flapjack is utilized as a shuttlecraft to ferry Mechsuits, exoplanetary expeditionary vehicles, and cargo such as resources, supplies, and salvage.

(12 Vehicle/Mech Points)
HEALTH: 60
ENDURANCE: 60
ONBOARD CREW: 10
TV: 14
DX[END] - Attack
  • 0.5[0] - “LADAR PDS Mode” (Affinity, Energy. Accurate; Multiple Targets; Ranged. Ineffective; Requirement x2, Liquid Free/Humidity Light Environment)
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Armored
  • +3 - Flight
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +3 - Perceptive “LADAR” (Cancel x2, Refraction Heavy Conditions)
  • +3 - Perceptive “Radar”
  • +4 - Quick
  • +3 - Spaceflight
  • +3 - Teleport “Hyper Bubble”
  • +2 - Tough
  • +2 - Vigorous
  • +3 - Unique “Hangar Bay”
Level - Weakness
  • -3 - Awkward Size (Small)
  • -3 - Light
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Heat Radiators” (2x Radiator Panels)
  • -2 - Restricted Freedom “Conditional Ownership”
  • -2 - Servitude “Conditional Ownership”
  • -2 - Unique “Volatile” (1d Check vs. DN 4 for Explosion when 0 HP or lower. Character suffers DX-4, Level 2 Area Effect Attack plus Scale Advantage)
HEX/Grid Conversion
DX[END] - Attack
  • 0.5[0] - “LADAR PDS Mode” (Affinity, Energy. Full Turret; Multiple Targets; Ranged. Ineffective; Requirement x2, Liquid Free/Humidity Light Environment; Shot Ranged)
I would have put in some Earth Siege 2 HERC entries for this topic, but Microsoft Word Starter 2010 just isn't opening up and I had to download Open Office Writer just to even open the document to write these profiles up and considering how the latter had really upset the workflow compared to the former and since Earth Siege HERC designs revolve around customization hardpoints/weapon stations, I figured that I'll save that particular conversion for another day.

So then, anyone else want to comment on my designs or contribute?
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Certifiable Carl's Used Ship and Giant Robot Lot

Post by Sabersonic »

I think I can fathom that a few more examples are needed, if only to show what can be submitted in this thread.

So for this particular entry, let's start with some Babylon 5 fighters.
SA-23E Mitchell-Hyundyne Starfury “Aurora”
The standard orbit-to-orbit deep space interdiction and recon attack craft of EarthForce, the military arm of the Earth Alliance, the Aurora Starfury has served and fought in numerous engagements for nearly twenty years. Due to the arrangements of its rocket motors upon the ends of its pylons, the Aurora Starfury is the most maneuverable fighter amongst the younger races of the galaxy. It is also due to this high class of maneuverability that the cockpit of the Aurora Starfighter is situated at the very center of the vehicle to minimize stress and disorientation upon the pilot when the craft performs High-G maneuvers. Additionally, the cockpit serves as an escape pod jettisoned from the craft to save the pilot from destruction and for later retrieval via rescue and recovery craft. Armament wise, the Aurora Starfury mounts four Copeland JC466/A Pulse Discharge Cannons and two Copeland JC44 Pulse Discharge in a fixed forward position with eight additional weapon station upon the engine pylons for mounting additional payloads such as missiles. As an added feature, the Aurora Starfury has a grapple claw housed within the ventral fuselage with a corresponding hitch-point upon the ventral aft tail for retrieval and rescue operations.

(4 Vehicle/Mech Points)
HEALTH: 20
ENDURANCE: 40
TV: 15
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Copeland JC466/A Pulse Discharge Cannons” (Affinity, Energy. Overwhelming; Ranged. Inaccurate; Ineffective; Low Penetration)
  • 3[0] - “Copeland JC44 Pulse Discharge Cannons” (Affinity, Energy. Area Effect; Ranged. Buildup; Countered)
  • 4[0] - “Anti-Craft Missiles” (Affinity, Explosive. Accurate; Effective; Impairing; Ranged. Activation; Ammunition; Countered)
  • 6[0] - “Anti-Capital Ship Torpedoes” (Affinity, Explosive. Armor Piercing x3; Effective x3; Impairing; Ranged. Activation; Ammunition x2; Countered x2; Inaccurate x2)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Armored
  • +2 - Attack
  • +1 - Combat Expert
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +2 - Quick
  • +2 - Resistance “High-G Maneuvers”
  • +5 - Spaceflight
  • +3 - Unique “Escape Pod”
  • +2 - Unique “Grapple Claw and Hitch-Point”
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Awkward Size (Small)
  • -1 - Frail
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Heat Radiators” (4x Radiator Panels)
  • -3 - Restricted Freedom “Conditional Ownership”
  • -3 - Servitude “Conditional Ownership”
  • -2 - Unique “Volatile” (1d Check vs. DN 4 for Explosion when 0 HP or lower. Character suffers DX-4, Level 2 Area Effect Attack plus Scale Advantage)
HEX/Grid Conversion
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Copeland JC466/A Pulse Discharge Cannons” (Affinity, Energy. Overwhelming; Ranged. Fixed Forward; Ineffective; Low Penetration)
  • 3[0] - “Copeland JC44 Pulse Discharge Cannons” (Affinity, Energy. Area Effect; Armor Piercing; Ranged. Buildup; Countered; Fixed Forward)
  • 4[0] - “Anti-Craft Missiles” (Affinity, Explosive. Accurate; Effective; Forward; Impairing; Ranged. Activation; Ammunition; Countered)
  • 6[0] - “Anti-Capital Ship Torpedoes” (Affinity, Explosive. Armor Piercing x3; Effective x3; Forward; Impairing; Ranged. Activation; Ammunition x2; Countered x2; Inaccurate x2)
SA-32A Mitchell-Hyundyne Starfury “Thunderbolt”
The first transatmospheric aerospace superiority and recon attack craft of EarthForce, the military arm of the Earth Alliance, the Thunderbolt Starfury is able to perform atmospheric maneuverability through the use of deployable aerofoils upon the main engine pods, though not without a noticeable reduction of performance compared to its orbit-to-orbit maneuverability even with the fuselage extended and smoothed out for aerodynamic purposes. The onboard crew, a pilot and CSO (Combat Systems Operator), sit in traditional aircraft tandem at the risk of increased vulnerability to High-G orbital maneuvers. The cockpit is jettisonable as an escape pod as with previous models of Starfuries, though with secondary rocket motors upon the rear of the upper surface that prevent collisions between the module and the rear third of the vehicle. Armament wise, the Thunderbolt Starfury features four linked unidirectional Walters 40mm pulse cannons and ten additional weapon station upon the engine pylons for mounting additional payloads such as missiles.

(5 Vehicle/Mech Points)
HEALTH: 30
TV: 19
DX[END] - Attack
  • 03[0] - “Walters 40mm Pulse Cannons” (Affinity, Energy. Area Effect; Ranged. Inaccurate x2)
  • 4[0] - “Anti-Craft Missiles” (Affinity, Explosive. Accurate; Effective; Impairing; Ranged. Activation; Ammunition; Countered)
  • 6[0] - “Anti-Capital Ship Torpedoes” (Affinity, Explosive. Armor Piercing x3; Effective x2; Impairing; Ranged. Activation; Ammunition; Countered x2; Inaccurate x2)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Armored
  • +2 - Attack
  • +1 - Combat Expert
  • +3 - Flight
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +2 - Quick
  • +5 - Spaceflight
  • +2 - Unique “Co-Pilot Station”
  • +3 - Unique “Escape Pod”
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Frail
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Heat Radiators” (4x Radiator Panels)
HEX/Grid Conversion
DX[END] - Attack
  • 03[0] - “Walters 40mm Pulse Cannons” (Affinity, Energy. Area Effect; Ranged. Fixed Forward; Inaccurate)
  • 4[0] - “Anti-Craft Missiles” (Affinity, Explosive. Accurate; Effective; Forward; Impairing; Ranged. Activation; Ammunition; Countered)
  • 6[0] - “Anti-Capital Ship Torpedoes” (Affinity, Explosive. Armor Piercing x3; Effective x2; Forward; Impairing; Ranged. Activation; Ammunition; Countered x2; Inaccurate x2)
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

And for this entry, a little surprise.
Gunstar
The primary space superiority and attack craft of the Rylan-led Star League, the Gunstar is an aerospace craft suited for both short- and long-ranged deployment with its compliment of tandem-seated crew; a Gunner aka Star Fighter and the Navigator. Armed with Laser Guns, Proton Bolts, and Particle Beams slaved to the movements of the Star Fighter Chair, the Gunstar is able to tackle a multitude of threats from hostile attack craft smaller than itself to massive capital ships in order to defend the Frontier and the worlds under its aegis from extrasolar threats.

(4 Vehicle/Mech Points)
HEALTH: 40
TV: 15
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Laser Guns” (Affinity, Energy. Area Effect; Ranged. Feather Blow; Ineffective)
  • 3[0] - “Photon Bolts” (Affinity, Explosive. Accurate; Ranged; Stunning. Activation; Countered)
  • 5[5] - “Particle Beams (Affinity, Energy. Armor Piercing; Effective x2; Impairing; Ranged. Buildup x2; Inaccurate x2)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Armored
  • +2 - Attack
  • +1 - Flight
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +2 - Perceptive “LADAR” (Cancel x2, Refraction Heavy Conditions)
  • +2 - Perceptive “Radar”
  • +2 - Quick
  • +5 - Spaceflight
  • +1 - Unique “Computer”
  • +3 - Unique “Navigator Station”
Level - Weakness
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Heat Radiators” (2x Radiator Panels)
HEX/Grid Conversion
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Laser Guns” (Affinity, Energy. Area Effect; Forward; Ranged. Feather Blow; Ineffective)
  • 3[0] - “Photon Bolts” (Affinity, Explosive. Accurate; Forward; Ranged; Stunning. Activation; Countered)
  • 5[5] - “Particle Beams (Affinity, Energy. Armor Piercing; Effective x2; Forward; Impairing; Ranged. Buildup x2; Inaccurate x2)
Well, according to the behind-the-scenes lore, the Starfuries were an homage to the Gunstar so why not include it here?

And yes, I know that I've been promising mech conversions. I just need to get my lazy *censored* and start working on it now that I got Microsoft Word Starter 2010 back. Don't know why I lost it in the first place, though I have a feeling that some kind of update caused it...

Either way, I just need to do some research on some of the starter HERCs from the game EarthSiege 2, especially on some of the more throwaway models once the prettier and Hardpoint/Weapon Station laden versions are available in subsequent levels.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

I really appreciate the Gunstar entry. The Last Starfighter was a wonderful movie.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Malancthon wrote:I really appreciate the Gunstar entry. The Last Starfighter was a wonderful movie.
I figured that at least someone would, eventually.

Didn't think it would be this quick though....
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

The Last Starfighter is one of My favorite movies as a kid.

Anyway, the Aurora has a Health of 20 but Frail -1.

No love for Mecha Destruction/Durability?
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

More like it's reserved for hero units; to make them stand out from other units.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Maverick Arkguard
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Maverick Arkguard »

Sabersonic wrote:Well, considering that Maverick Arkguard has yet to publish a "Post your Mecha" thread, I figured that I might as well give it a go. So, well, here we go.
Well I did say I was thinking about it.

Life decided it was way more important than my hobbies.

And fun.

It's not like I forgot, just didn't have the time.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Oh! There you are. Was wondering where you went.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Anyway, I've been talking about these conversions for a while now and I finally gotten around doing some of the conversions for at least the starter mechs one is able to build when starting the game.

What game, you may ask? Why Earthsiege 2.

Besides, it should at least be a good jumping off point for other such Battletech-esque mech game conversions.
Outlaw
One of many Pre-Cybrid HERCs used by the former Resistance in the desperate war against the Cybrids in the first Earthsiege conflict, the Outlaw was a HERCULEAN (Humaniform-Emulation Roboticized Combat Unit with Leg-Articulated Navigation) that specialized in close range combat and light recon. Though it succeeded the Roadrunner in such a role, it was one of the few models that survived the transition from the Resistance into Terra Defense just days after the conclusion of the first war when Cybrid Forces from the far side of Luna not only constructed a lunar base but began orbital deployment in a second Earthsiege.

(1 Vehicle/Mech Point)
HEALTH: 20
ENDURANCE: 30
TV: 16
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Armored
  • +1 - Attack
  • +2 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Arms” (Requirement, Lasers and Autocannons)
  • +3 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Torso” (Cancel x2, Razor Missile Pack and Booster Equipment Pod; Unique, One Weapon/Equipment Max)
  • +2 - Barrier “Shield”
  • +1 - Combat Expert
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +5 - Perceptive “Radar, Active” (Requirement, Perceptive “Radar, Passive” Inactive)
  • +3 - Perceptive “Radar, Passive” (Requirement, Perceptive “Radar, Active” Inactive)
  • +5 - Quick
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Aided Use “Available Slots” (Adding and Replacing Equipment)
  • -2 - Frail
  • -1 - Identifiable Use “Radar, Active” (Radar)
  • -3 - Ineptitude “Melee Combat”
  • -1 - Languid
  • -3 - Preconditioned Use “Available Slots” (Hangar Bay)
HEX/Grid Conversion
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Arms” (Forward. Requirement, Lasers and Autocannons)
  • +3 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Torso” (Cancel, Razor Missile Pack and Booster Equipment Pod; Fixed Forward; Unique, One Weapon/Equipment Max)
Tomahawk
One of many Pre-Cybrid HERCs used by the former Resistance in the desperate war against the Cybrids in the first Earthsiege conflict, the Tomahawk was a HERCULEAN (Humaniform-Emulation Roboticized Combat Unit with Leg-Articulated Navigation) that specialized in medium-ranged combat and typically used as a screening force to thin out enemy formations and allow assault HERCs to finish the job. With the second Earthseige, as Cybrid Forces massed en force upon the far side of Luna, the newly christened Terra Defense must now counter the orbital drops of Cybrid HERCS mere days after the conclusion of the first war.

(2 Vehicle/Mech Points)
HEALTH: 40
TV: 23
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Armored
  • +2 - Attack
  • +2 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Arms” (Requirement, Lasers and Autocannons)
  • +4 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Torso” (Cancel, Razor Missile Array)
  • +3 - Barrier “Shield”
  • +2 - Combat Expert
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +2 - Perceptive “Radar, Active” (Requirement, Perceptive “Radar, Passive” Inactive)
  • +3 - Perceptive “Radar, Passive” (Requirement, Perceptive “Radar, Active” Inactive)
  • +2 - Quick
Level - Weakness
HEX/Grid Conversion
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Autocannon” (Armor Piercing; Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition; Fixed Forward; Ineffective x2)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Arms” (Forward. Requirement, Lasers and Autocannons)
  • +4 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Torso” (Cancel, Razor Missile Array; Fixed Forward; Unique, Four Weapon/Equipment Max)
Samson
One of many Pre-Cybrid HERCs used by the former Resistance in the desperate war against the Cybrids in the first Earthsiege conflict, the Samson was a HERCULEAN (Humaniform-Emulation Roboticized Combat Unit with Leg-Articulated Navigation) that specialized in search and destroy missions where its excellent armor and firepower executed most efficiently. With the second Earthseige, as Cybrid Forces massed en force upon the far side of Luna, the newly christened Terra Defense must now counter the orbital drops of Cybrid HERCS mere days after the conclusion of the first war.

(3 Vehicle/Mech Points)
HEALTH: 50
TV: 36
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Autocannon” (Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition; Ineffective x2)
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Armored
  • +3 - Attack
  • +2 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Arms” (Cancel x2, Missile Arrays and Equipment)
  • +6 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Torso” (Cancel, Razor Missile Pack)
  • +4 - Barrier “Shield”
  • +2 - Combat Expert
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +2 - Perceptive “Radar, Active” (Requirement, Perceptive “Radar, Passive” Inactive)
  • +2 - Tough
  • +1 - Tough
Level - Weakness
  • -3 - Unique “Volatile” (1d Check vs. DN 6 for Explosion when 0 HP or lower. Character suffers DX-6, Level 3 Area Effect Attack plus Scale Advantage)
HEX/Grid Conversion
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Autocannon” (Armor Piercing; Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition; Fixed Forward; Ineffective x2)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Arms” (Forward. Cancel x2, Missile Arrays and Equipment)
  • +6 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Lower Torso” (Cancel, Razor Missile Pack; Fixed Forward)
Colossus
One of many Pre-Cybrid HERCs used by the former Resistance in the desperate war against the Cybrids in the first Earthsiege conflict, the Colossus was a HERCULEAN (Humaniform-Emulation Roboticized Combat Unit with Leg-Articulated Navigation) that specialized in heavy assault missions against Cybrid strongpoints with their heavier payload of weapons and firepower. Due to their speed, however, the Colossus will require escort to defend against more mobile threats. With the second Earthseige, as Cybrid Forces massed en force upon the far side of Luna, the newly christened Terra Defense must now counter the orbital drops of Cybrid HERCS mere days after the conclusion of the first war.

(4 Vehicle/Mech Points)
ENDURANCE: 50
TV: 19
Level - Ability
  • +4 - Armored
  • +3 - Attack
  • +4 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Arms” (Cancel x2, Missile Arrays and Equipment)
  • +6 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Torso” (Cancel, Razor Missile Array)
  • +4 - Barrier “Shield”
  • +3 - Combat Expert
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +1 - Perceptive “Radar, Active” (Requirement, Perceptive “Radar, Passive” Inactive)
  • +2 - Perceptive “Radar, Passive” (Requirement, Perceptive “Radar, Active” Inactive)
  • +1 - Tough
Level - Weakness
  • -5 - Slow
  • -3 - Unique “Volatile” (1d Check vs. DN 6 for Explosion when 0 HP or lower. Character suffers DX-6, Level 3 Area Effect Attack plus Scale Advantage)
HEX/Grid Conversion
Level - Ability
  • +4 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Arms” (Forward. Cancel x2, Cancel x2, Missile Arrays and Equipment)
  • +6 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Torso” (Cancel, Razor Missile Array; Fixed Forward)
Armageddon
Originally developed through captured Cybrid technology by the Resistance during the first Earthseige, the Apocalypse HERCULEAN (Humaniform-Emulation Roboticized Combat Unit with Leg-Articulated Navigation) was as fast and mobile as a Samson HERC yet boasted more armor and firepower than a Colossus and are thus reserved for elite HERC pilots and commanders due to the expense in their construction. With the second Earthseige, as Cybrid Forces massed en force upon the far side of Luna, the newly christened Terra Defense must now counter the orbital drops of Cybrid HERCS mere days after the conclusion of the first war.
(6 Vehicle/Mech Points)
TV: 31
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Autocannon” (Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition; Ineffective x2)
Level - Ability
  • +5 - Armored
  • +3 - Attack
  • +4 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Arms” (Cancel x2, Cancel x2, Missile Arrays and Equipment)
  • +6 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Torso” (Cancel, Razor Missile Array)
  • +4 - Barrier “Shield”
  • +3 - Combat Expert
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +1 - Perceptive “Radar, Active” (Requirement, Perceptive “Radar, Passive” Inactive)
  • +2 - Perceptive “Radar, Passive” (Requirement, Perceptive “Radar, Active” Inactive)
  • +2 - Tough
  • +1 - Vigorous
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Awkward Size (Small)
HEX/Grid Conversion
DX[END] - Attack
Level - Ability
  • +4 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Arms” (Forward. Cancel x2, Cancel x2, Missile Arrays and Equipment)
  • +6 - Available Slots “Weapon Station, Torso” (Cancel, Razor Missile Array; Fixed Forward)
Last edited by Sabersonic on Sat May 05, 2018 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

And here we have starter equipment and weapons for the HERCS.
Autocannon Pod

Overwhelming (15); Ranged (0). Ammunition x2 (-10); Ineffective (-5); Space Required (-0)
A staple weapon system for both Terran Defense and Cybrid Forces, it hurls tungsten-tipped depleted uranium slugs at 2000 rounds per minute. Though they require non-existent energy from the HERC’s fusion reactor and associated power grid and are easy to maintain, they are limited by their ammunition supply and do not cause as much damage upon the battlefield and are typically used as a reserve weapon or even as a tactical option of last resort.
Laser Gun Pod

Affinity, Energy. Accurate (5); Ranged (0). Space Required (0)
A staple weapon system for both Terran Defense and Cybrid Forces, they cause damage by means of tightly focused beams of coherent light to drill through armor and deplete the energy reserves of a target HERC’s shield. They have a benefit over Autocannons in that they do not have a finite reserve of ammunition, but they do draw energy from the fusion reactor of the HERC and its associated power grid when such energy could be used for other application such as shields.
Light Electron Flux Pod

Affinity, Electricity. Barrier Buster (5); Effective (5); Reach (5). Buildup (-5); Space Required (-0)
Commonly referred to as a “Lighting Bolt on a Leash”, the ELF produces a bolt of electric energy between it and the target, bypassing the shield of a HERC and in the hands of an experience pilot slice the enemy unit to pieces so long as the weapon is active and there is plenty of electrical allocation to its continued use. However, its energy drain and short range make it difficult to master.
Particle Beam Weapon Pod

Affinity, Energy. Armor Piercing (5); Effective (10); Impairing (10); Ranged (0). Buildup (-10); Space Required (-0); Unwieldy (-5)
Best described as an “Electromagnetic Shotgun”, the Particle Beam Weapon projects a burst of charged particles at a target HERC at relativistic velocities and penetrate deeply via both kinetic and thermal damage. However, it is not a viable long range weapon and takes up so much energy that when fired, it makes it almost impossible for the equipped HERC to use any Directed Energy-based Weapon systems until the onboard power grid is restored.
EMP Cannon Pod

Affinity, Electricity. Barrier Buster (5); Effective (10); Fatiguing (0); Impairing (10); Paralyzing (10); Ranged (0). Buildup (-10); Countered (-15); Space Required (-0)
A dual effect Directed Energy Weapon, the Electromagnetic Pulse Cannon impacts not only kinetic energy to a target, but is able to cause an EMP within the target HERC that not only depletes that unit’s shields and Directed Energy Weapons, but also incapacitates the vehicle for a brief period in addition of its intended function of defeating the Shields of its intended target. However, it has a lengthy recharge time and the bolt itself is slow moving to the point that it can be evaded if only barely.
Plasma Cannon Pod

Affinity, Energy. Accurate (5); Effective (20); Impairing (10); Ranged (0); Buildup (-20); Countered (-5); Space Required (-0)
A unique Directed Energy Weapon that utilizes a bolt of super-heated, charged gas and accelerated at hypersonic velocities to literally outrun its diffusion rate. The Plasma Cannon, due to the method in which it is accelerated down range and inducted with self-cohesion electromagnetic field, has the unique ability of limited tracking of its intended target. Upon impact, the weapon is able to deliver both kinetic and thermal energy to armor, structure, and shields of a hostile HERC. However, its lengthy charge time limit its rate of fire.
Semi-Active Radar Homing Missile Array Pod

Affinity, Explosive. Armor Piercing (10); Effective (15); Impairing (10); Ranged (0); Redirectable (5); Stunning (10). Activation (-10); Ammunition (-5); Concentration (-20); Countered (-10); Requirement, Perceptive “Radar, Active” Activated (-5); Space Required (-0)
The simplest missile to produce yet one of the most difficult to master, the Light SARH Missiles requires a constant radar lock to home in onto its designated target. Typically, when a HERC pilot weather Cybrid or Terran Defense Force, wishes to salvage from the wreckage of the target vehicle at maximum value they simply aim off axis of the target and fire to which the missile locates the enemy unit and destroy the extremities rather than the central mass. Since this particular warhead delivery platform removes the onboard radar suite for increased range and damage potential, it is easily defeated by Anti-Missile Countermeasures such as chaff.
Active Radar Homing Missile Array Pod

Affinity, Explosive. Accurate “Radar” (15); Effective (10); Ranged (0); Stunning (10). Activation (-10); Ammunition (-5); Countered (-5); Space Required (-0); Requirement, Perceptive “Radar, Active” Activated (-5); Unique, Vulnerable to ECM (-10)
The “Fire and forget” variety of missiles, its onboard radar suite allows it to target any non-ECM equipped HERC and guarantee a successful hit, with the only requirement being an initial lock-on signature. Typically, when a HERC pilot weather Cybrid or Terran Defense Force, wishes to salvage from the wreckage of the target vehicle at maximum value they simply aim off axis of the target and fire to which the missile locates the enemy unit and destroy the extremities rather than the central mass. However, its chief drawback is its limited ammo capacity, the lower damage potential due to the need to make room for the radar suite, and that it is easily susceptible to ECM.
Electro-Optical Missile Array Pod

Affinity, Explosive. Accurate “Optical Camera” (20); Effective (15); Impairing (10); Ranged (0); Stunning (10). Ammunition (-5); Concentration (-20); Countered (-5); Open to Attack (-25); Space Required (-0)
A visually tracked missile system, it is virtually difficult to defeat and detect when fired from an extended range due to the fact that its primary method of tracking its target is effectively a video camera and can be even more precise then other missile systems when in the hands of an experienced pilot. However, the chief drawback compared to other missile systems is that its operation requires the complete attention of the onboard HERC pilot and leaving them open to a counter attack.
Electronic Countermeasures Equipment Pod

An optional equipment module, it is utilized to increase the defensive combat capability of the HERC in question against radar-homing missiles. However, the ECM Pod can be destroyed with a well-placed shot.

Level - Ability
  • +1 - Knowledge “Electronic Countermeasures” (Area Effect. Cancel x2, Close Range Combat; Space Required)
  • +2 - Unique “Defense Against Radar-Guided Missiles” (Area Effect. Cancel x2, Electro-Optical Missiles; Space Required)
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Endurance Use (Knowledge “Electronic Countermeasures”)
  • -2 - Endurance Use (Unique “Defense Against Radar-Guided Missiles”)
And that's what I got so far for Faux-BattleMech entries. I'm sure there are others who would love to post their own mecha conversions.

So then, any takers?
Last edited by Sabersonic on Fri May 04, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

I'm not sure I get what the Aided Use weakness is and what it does. Is it like ammo? Or slots to be equipped? If they're equipable slots, why is that a weakness, since modularity would be an advantage?

I'm also confused about the Awkward Size (small). Is that to suggest they are smaller than average Mecha? Personally, I just fudge it in relativeness to the pilot- a smallish Mecha would have Awkward Size 1, a medium Mecha Awkward Size 2, and everything bigger than that as Awkward Size 3 (regardless if that's a really big Mecha or a star destroyer or Unicron).

It's a minor thing, but Ineptitude 4 seems weird. I'd stick with capping weaknesses at 3. But it can make sense to have weaknesses greater than 3, at which point it could be worthwhile to expand Awkward Size. I recall BESM 3e having a decent range for that version of the weakness.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Malancthon wrote:I'm not sure I get what the Aided Use weakness is and what it does. Is it like ammo? Or slots to be equipped? If they're equipable slots, why is that a weakness, since modularity would be an advantage?
Well its more like the number of people needed to use a particular attribute. Here's the full description from one of my previous threads.
Aided Use – One of your Abilities required the assistance of others whether they are close friends and relatives, an entire team of professionals or the like. Whatever the reason or purpose, their presence at least is necessary in order for the ability to function. At Level 1, it is but a single individual and thus easy to manage, and in certain cases easier to conceal. At Level 2, a small group is required for the use of the ability to be guaranteed, though this makes it harder to gather and organized and even more so when concealment is a priority. At Level 3, a large group is required which makes assembling and leading such numbers to the activation of the ability even more problematic and concealment of such a group activity is almost impossible.
In the previous entries, its basically the number of people needed to mount and/or replace a weapon or equipment. Though now that I think about it, I'd better put a note that it's just to replace, remove, and add a weapon. 'scuse me.
.... Okay, fixed.
Malancthon wrote:I'm also confused about the Awkward Size (small). Is that to suggest they are smaller than average Mecha? Personally, I just fudge it in relativeness to the pilot- a smallish Mecha would have Awkward Size 1, a medium Mecha Awkward Size 2, and everything bigger than that as Awkward Size 3 (regardless if that's a really big Mecha or a star destroyer or Unicron).
Basically yes, especially in comparison to other mecha designs out in the wide internet yonder. And if I recall correctly, mostly Awkward Size is largely environmental or rather how the mecha responds to obstacles. For example a small mech would have trouble going around a building and see through it but able to use it as cover, whereas a large mech is able to boze through a building with ease, if not walk over them, but can't really use buildings as cover.

And I can only assume that Clay envisioned the use of Awkward size between two different sized characters/vehicles/mecha within the same scale category as a form of a penalty to the Awkward sized mecha compared to the average sized mecha. I can also assume that Awkward Size also affects the otherwise flat Scaled Advantage where the Awkward Size isn't as big as an advantage as with averaged sized mecha.
Malancthon wrote:It's a minor thing, but Ineptitude 4 seems weird. I'd stick with capping weaknesses at 3. But it can make sense to have weaknesses greater than 3, at which point it could be worthwhile to expand Awkward Size. I recall BESM 3e having a decent range for that version of the weakness.
Well Ineptitude doesn't really have a cap, same with Knowledge, but it's best represent on the idea of how poorly designed these things are when it comes to melee combat such as body slams and stomps.

Especially since, in the game, there's really no melee option outside that ELF weapon.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

Sabersonic wrote:Basically yes, especially in comparison to other mecha designs out in the wide internet yonder. And if I recall correctly, mostly Awkward Size is largely environmental or rather how the mecha responds to obstacles. For example a small mech would have trouble going around a building and see through it but able to use it as cover, whereas a large mech is able to boze through a building with ease, if not walk over them, but can't really use buildings as cover.

And I can only assume that Clay envisioned the use of Awkward size between two different sized characters/vehicles/mecha within the same scale category as a form of a penalty to the Awkward sized mecha compared to the average sized mecha. I can also assume that Awkward Size also affects the otherwise flat Scaled Advantage where the Awkward Size isn't as big as an advantage as with averaged sized mecha.
I took a reread of the Awkward Size Weakness, and it doesn't mention anything about adding penalties. It's narrative, so yes, it can be described in relation to similar things. His example is a large ship with Awkward Size -2 would have trouble docking in a normal sized hanger. That's why I'd suggest a rough "ship size" using Awkward Size; -1 would be relatively small vehicles (up to a small fighter or mecha), -2 would be medium sized vehicles (a standard mecha or Millennium Falcon ship), and -3 would be anything pretty big (such as capital ships).
Sabersonic wrote:Well Ineptitude doesn't really have a cap, same with Knowledge, but it's best represent on the idea of how poorly designed these things are when it comes to melee combat such as body slams and stomps.

Especially since, in the game, there's really no melee option outside that ELF weapon.
Page 18 does say all Abilities are +1 to +5, and all Weaknesses are -1 to -3. Plus the book does suggest halving the cost of Knowledge and Ineptitude, but that is optional.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Malancthon wrote:I took a reread of the Awkward Size Weakness, and it doesn't mention anything about adding penalties. It's narrative, so yes, it can be described in relation to similar things. His example is a large ship with Awkward Size -2 would have trouble docking in a normal sized hanger. That's why I'd suggest a rough "ship size" using Awkward Size; -1 would be relatively small vehicles (up to a small fighter or mecha), -2 would be medium sized vehicles (a standard mecha or Millennium Falcon ship), and -3 would be anything pretty big (such as capital ships).
No, it goes both ways. Awkward Size 1 is slightly larger/smaller than normal, Awkward Size 2 is significantly larger/smaller than normal, and Awkward Size 3 is exponentially larger/smaller than normal. It's why I add in the whole (small)/(large) notations in the Weakness.
Malancthon wrote:Page 18 does say all Abilities are +1 to +5, and all Weaknesses are -1 to -3. Plus the book does suggest halving the cost of Knowledge and Ineptitude, but that is optional.
Well considering how much the Allocated Space is in each design, I don't think that's an option for my conversions since there's no way I can justify Base Zero, Power Ceiling, or Scaled Costs for their inclusion.

Not for the in-game limitations of customization in the PC game anyway.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad