Succubus template?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

GaijinGuy43
Shelled Plebeian

Succubus template?

Post by GaijinGuy43 »

I saw the whole thread about the Monster Musume creature types here, but so far, I've still not seen any templates for succubi. Exactly how would their traits translate into OVA terms? Has anyone given this thought, but I've missed it here? Thanks for any help!
I don't always aim, but when I do, it's to misbehave.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Succubus template?

Post by Sabersonic »

Oh! You mean mine? Well thanks for taking a look at it.

As for the succubus template, it really depends upon what type/character you're looking for since Anime is heavily populated with the chiropteran winged variety.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
GaijinGuy43
Shelled Plebeian

Post by GaijinGuy43 »

I had an idea in mind for a succubus character who has a lot of the usual powers. Flight, lobbing hellfire, vampirism through sex, shapeshifting or hypnosis, claws, possibly using her tail as an entangling weapon, and of course irresistible demonic sexiness. But this would come with a big flaw: Accidental Transformation. Setting foot on holy ground, or being directly challenged with any holy item would cause her to change from her usual bombshell self into a smaller, weaker, loli girl form. This would exchange her ranks in Beautiful for a couple in Cute! and also give her 1 level of Ageism, and the result would really push her buttons, because she just hates not being taken seriously. If it was you, how would you outline this whole concept?
GaijinGuy43
Shelled Plebeian

Post by GaijinGuy43 »

Oh, also, a small newbie question...where's a good place to go for avatar pics for my profile here?
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Well it'll probably depend upon a few factors such as how well and/or how fast will this succubi species be for starters. Though the hellfire lobbing and vampyric coitus'll be best done via attack variations such as the latter having the Vampire Perk. Same with her tail now that I think about it, though it could also be a feature for interfacing with their victims not unlike Kurumru of the Rosario + Vampire manga or even Mira in Dimension W but in the latter case more limited in regards to targets.

Now shapeshifting or hypnosis is an interesting question: Do I want this succubus to be able to mind control the weak mindedness of men or trick them via looking like their true love? Either way, the former can be Psychic at +4 at the very least or Shape-Shifter at +3 for the latter. For Psychic, it may be wise to put some kind of Flaw such as only working on members of the opposite gender as a Requirement.

As for Accidental Transformation, well exchanging Beautiful with Cute! with just Ageism alone just might not be enough to justify it use, though I am of the opinion that if the net sum of Abilities to Weaknesses to a Transformation is in the negative then it's considered Accidental Transformation mechanics-wise. Granted, adding Sensitivity "Not Taken Seriously" would be more that qualified for the minimum level of Accidental Transformation.

As for turning into a Loli-version of herself, I can only assume that the succubus'll have a Level of Awkward Size since Loli's in anime are quite infamous for being shorter than the average character. Probably add in Weak and Weak-Willed along with Languid and Frail to show that she is just not up to snuff when it comes to a direct confrontation. Perhaps even a Unique Weakness where she does lose her Psychic/Shape-Shifter abilities.

Anyway, that's the broadway of how I would approach the subject personally. Perhaps someone has a different approach to this build?

As for avatar pictures, well I usually go with google image but keeping in mind the maximum size of avatars.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
GaijinGuy43
Shelled Plebeian

Post by GaijinGuy43 »

Lots of good thoughts, Saber! For the loli form, I was thinking she'd lose some of her usual attacks, like the hellfire, flight, and take on Weak and Ageism. I was thinking the 'Not Taken Seriously' thing could be either Sensitive or Hatred. As for getting back to her normal form, my thought was that she'd have to coerce someone into doing something traditionally considered sinful or wrong to break through the lock on her form. What do you think?
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Take away the Flight Ability is a good idea, though I'm not exactly sure how one would "exclude" attack variations other than GM fiat.

I would advise Sensitive as "Not Taken Seriously" since Hatred seems more like towards an individual or a group rather then as a thought or action.

As for reversing the Accidental Transformation, while just escaping the trigger and/or waiting the amount of time is just as acceptable, having the counter be coercing someone into committing a crime would make for an interesting roleplaying mechanic. Especially coupled with "Not Taken Seriously" Weakness.

Still, considering the subject in question, said crime should be along similar lines of her being a succubus, as disturbing the thought might be to the more "sensitive" of players.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
GaijinGuy43
Shelled Plebeian

Post by GaijinGuy43 »

Well, the crime wouldn't have to be sexual in nature...let's take the 7 Deadly Sins for examples. If she were to talk someone into slacking off work to binge on anime and junk food, that would be a two-fer! Sloth and Gluttony! Encouraging someone to overreact to a minor incident like a bumped elbow in a store? There's Wrath for you. See how I'm thinking here? A little outside the lines!
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

So basically commit one of the Seven Deadly Sins then, I guess that'll be the more PG-13 way of reversing the Lolification.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
GaijinGuy43
Shelled Plebeian

Post by GaijinGuy43 »

Yeah, I didn't want to make that part quite THAT creepy.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

GaijinGuy43 wrote:Yeah, I didn't want to make that part quite THAT creepy.
Yeah, let's not get Pedobear involved.

He's drooling enough as is.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
GaijinGuy43
Shelled Plebeian

Post by GaijinGuy43 »

Bad Pedobear! Go to your room! :lol:
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

Aw OK.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
GaijinGuy43
Shelled Plebeian

Post by GaijinGuy43 »

Still, I think I came up with a fun, sexy character idea. Later on, I'll have to grab the core book and hash out the numbers. :mrgreen:
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Probably the easiest way to handle losing the Attack Ability is to either A) have the Attack Ability have a focus of "fully buxom form" or B) create a Unique Weakness that amounts to "loses attack Ability in less buxom form." Either is fine, just depends on how you want to divvy up points. (That is, if you want the Weakness to belong to the main character attributes or to be tucked up inside Transformation.) You could also just so heavily penalize the diminutive form with Weak/Frail etc. that her attacks just simply become not very effective, even though they still exist.

As for "mind control", you could simply throw in heavy doses of Charisma and call it a day. One might say you need a weakness limiting it to the opposite sex, but I don't suppose that has to be the case.