Third party content.

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Malwing
Shelled Plebeian

Third party content.

Post by Malwing »

So what IS the policy on publishing third party content using OVA?

I asked because I was developing a "Mon" setting to use with OVA and wanted to post what I made on my blog but if possible I potentially wanted to compile it onto a PDF and put it up on DrivethruRPG.

But I don't know how tight OVA is in regards to content like that.
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Third party content.

Post by Malancthon »

Malwing wrote:I was developing a "Mon" setting to use with OVA and wanted to post what I made on my blog
That probably would be fine.
Malwing wrote: but if possible I potentially wanted to compile it onto a PDF and put it up on DrivethruRPG.
That probably would not be fine.
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

Anytime you want to sell a third party supplement for an rpg, you move from free fan work to publisher. You would need to hash things out with Wise Turtle in private and get their approval.

Once upon a time I tried to make a Pro Wrestling add on/ setting for OVA. I decided it would be a free fan based thing for all. THAT was okay. I lost interest in the project and dropped it later.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

As has been pretty much been said, publishing free content on a blog or website is fine. Publish a product for profit—not so much.

If you’re really passionate about some idea or another, feel free to contact me about it! But until I feel like I’ve rounded out the line a bit, I probably won’t be entertaining fan submissions for publication.