Pre-Made Worlds and Storylines

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

TheWraithOfMooCow
Shelled Plebeian

Pre-Made Worlds and Storylines

Post by TheWraithOfMooCow »

So a friend of mine introduced me to OVA: The Anime Role-Playing Game. I want to be the game master, but this is my first time doing any kind of table top roleplay. Is there a site where I can find pre-made worlds and storylines for OVA I can use to get a feel for the types of storylines and characters to create? And if not, is there a site of that nature for roleplaying games in general?
Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Pre-Made Worlds and Storylines

Post by Blobathehutt »

Well I dont know of any sites per say but I did find this on the forums and it may help you.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12466

Also you can use any anime world that you like and it should fit well with the game :)
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

It is far easier to run a game based on an anime series you all watched. Then everyone already 'knows' what kind of characters are expected and what limits the world has.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

A lot of setting material (as the “world” stuff of RPGs tends to be called) is designed with specific games in mind. While there’s not any official material for OVA yet (I’m working on that), you can easily put any of the countless settings that have been published over the last 30 years to good use. Or, as suggested here, you can adopt the story of a favorite anime instead.

You can also take a look around the forums at rpg.net—there’s countless people making and playing games all the time. There’s sure to be one discussion or another that will inspire you!