MechaCon and OVA..... naniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!??

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Marry
Shelled Plebeian

MechaCon and OVA..... naniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!??

Post by Marry »

What OVA Rpg at MechaCon really really is this true ?? *happy expression* :D
ZephyrMourne
Shelled Plebeian

Re: MechaCon and OVA..... naniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!??

Post by ZephyrMourne »

Hi, I'm the Director of Operations for MechaCon, as well as being the story editor for the MechaCon GEARE universe and writer of the Jett and Zee story, G.E.A.R.E., and I can confirm that we are in the process of planning a special OVA campaign that will span at least the next 3-4 years, starting in 2017. Also, we will be collaborating with Clay on some MechaCon exclusive content, so keep your eyes peeled for that and make sure you get to MechaCon next year.
Marry
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Marry »

wow!!! Congrats Clay!!!! *pachi pachi pachi* :D
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

As ZephyrMourne has confirmed, this is indeed true! Hope to see you next year!
Servitor_2152
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Servitor_2152 »

I've been attending MechaCon for a few years, and I picked up OVA at the con this year in anticipation of next year's events. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what's in store!
I exist to serve.
Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Blobathehutt »

What is MechaCon all about?
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon
ZephyrMourne
Shelled Plebeian

Post by ZephyrMourne »

Blobathehutt wrote:What is MechaCon all about?
Well... Anime. That's the short answer. Really, while MechaCon is an anime convention, we've been adopted over the years by several other fandoms who attend, cosplay, run panels, and influence guest choices. MechaCon is smaller by far than a large event like SDCC, but that lets us provide more targeted content and, most importantly, shorter lines that let you experience everything we have to offer, instead of picking and choosing the 2 events you can squeeze into an entire weekend.

What we offer are fan and industry panels, a dealer room devoted to anime, Japanese and geek culture, 24-hour electronic gaming, tabletop gaming and video rooms, industry guests including artists, writers, actors, directors, etc. from the anime, Japanese culture and anime-releated/animation industries. We also have a large cosplay contest with cash prizes, a Friday night House Party with a varying DJ lineup each year, at least one musical guest with a full concert and sometimes another smaller performance over the course of the weekend, a Japanese-style host club with our own "MechaMaids" and a burlesque show with our own in-house performing troupe.

For more info, you can check out the web site at MechaCon.com, or ask me any specific questions.

As for where OVA comes into the mix, MechaCon has two mascots, Jett and Zee, who are mech pilots. After the first couple of years, people started asking who they were, where they came from and why anyone should be interested. So we gave them a backstory, and a mech called the GEARE. The universe that grew up around those characters is now going to be the basis for an RPG event at MechaCon for the next 4-5 years, and OVA is the system that will bring that universe to life. And I couldn't be more excited about that.
Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Blobathehutt »

That sounds really cool :)
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon