Questions That Remain Unanswered

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

drkdesire1
Shelled Plebeian

Questions That Remain Unanswered

Post by drkdesire1 »

I had a question and I couldn't find the answer in other posts so here goes
can a player still roll their barrier ability in combat when a defense roll isn't allowed?

that is it for now
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Questions That Remain Unanswered

Post by Sabersonic »

Well, considering that Barrier more or less replaces the Defense dice, I'd say no.

In fact, take Clay's word on the subject.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
drkdesire1
Shelled Plebeian

Post by drkdesire1 »

Barrier also states you can hold it up preemptively but may take no action while doing so... Since an action is defined as an act that requires concentration or brain power could a player be walking around with a barrier held? I just wanted to clarify this as one of my players tried to argue it in our last session
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Yes, you can move some distance without letting down the Barrier as long as it is not difficult to do so. Navigating rough or cluttered terrain, or attempting to move a long distance quickly, would be considered actions and would be impossible to complete simultaneously with the Barrier.

Of course, if you think it is more dramatically appropriate that a character must remain ABSOLUTELY FIXED IN PLACE—you can do that, but you need to discuss it with everyone first, or allow the player to take a Requirement Flaw to that effect.