How to hack reality with out breaking the rules?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

PixelPrattleXP
Shelled Plebeian

How to hack reality with out breaking the rules?

Post by PixelPrattleXP »

I could use a hand in figuring out some rules for my game that I am GMing. To put it Short the game is in the future where an interactive virtual cyber space has merged with our own (think The Matrix meets Denno Coil with a dash of Digimon) allowing people given enough time, the right acesses/resources and "programing" skill could acess just about anything they could desire.This is differnt then magic as it does exist in this world having also merged with virtual realms. In addition to many other limitation to useing this ability, People are genrally regualted on how much they can acess using programming, and even without can only acess so much without straining the worlds system. So I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestion how and/or if I should mechincally adress this in the game? In addition the world has people (and one player) that have "admin/mod access", All of which are equiped with "Banishment Weapons" (or the Players case "Ban Hammer"); So I was wondering if anyone has suggestion on how stat out weapons that can ban people (or something appropriate) in a balanced fashion...or at least as much as possiable.
Cheers for your help.

P.S. Sorry for my first post ever here being so complex (^~^)
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: How to hack reality with out breaking the rules?

Post by Clay »

Well, you can use the Magic rules as they are, but instead of an Endurance cost, create some sort of “System Strain” maximum—ie. the cost of your magic counts UP instead of subtracting from Endurance.

Same can be applied to other Endurance using Abilities. In fact, if the System Strain is not a limit per user, the party can share this System Strain maximum and all contribute to one total.

If you’re worried about balance, you can treat Ban Hammer like any attack, requiring an opponent’s Health to be worn down in order to be effective. You can even have a separate Health total that is only affected by cyber attacks should sharing the actual “real world” Health total not fit your fiction.