Fusion?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

WhyUWatchingThis
Shelled Plebeian

Fusion?

Post by WhyUWatchingThis »

I have a concept for an enemy where it starts out as 4 separate entities each with an unique ability. The entities can fuse together to create one strong monster that is equipped with the abilities of each entity but only for a short period of time. If one more more entities dies then there can still be a fusion but the resulting monster has less abilities depending on who dies.

The problem I have is figuring out how I would go about this and is fusion an ability in this game because i can't find anything similar to it in the book maybe transformation.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Fusion?

Post by Sabersonic »

Well I do have one suggestion. It's purely fanmade and so far it has not received approval by the board nor has it been playtested.

Sabersonic's Fusion Ability

As for the whole "Limited Time" and "Ability decrease per lost able body", I can only assume that Unique Flaws would be a start: one stating that it only had a limited amount of time it can be used, perhaps even based off the Limited Use but measured in rounds instead of actions, and the other noting that decreasing the number of parties involved decreases its effectiveness by that much.

For better clarification, best to see what Clay has to say on the matter.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Fusion?

Post by Clay »

The easiest path is probably just to create a new Ability, but if you really wanted to use the current rules for it, I would do it something like this:

Create a Transformation that has EVERY Ability you want the final form to have. This Transformation needs a Focus “requires at least one other participant.”

Now, when you create the Abilities for your Transformation, have each Ability that requires a specific member have a Focus, Requirement, or whatever of that member. That way, if you use the Transformation without him/her, that Ability isn’t usable.

That should cover all the bases and not make too much of a mess on the character sheet. For ease of use you’ll probably want to group the Transformation Abilities by active participant in the fusion.