Heroes TV series

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

jamat
Shelled Plebeian

Heroes TV series

Post by jamat »

Hi all

New to the game and forum, though I did register a while ago and been lurking ever since.

One question I have .....My group want to do a low powered supers game in the vain of Heroes the TV series.

Normal people with a power (maybe a few stunts relating to that power to make them individual) and I'm finding most of the supers games out there too complex for what I want so had a sudden thought of using OVA for it.

So my question is this:

Can OVA be used for something like this ? simple as that really :)
MarthWMaster
Shelled Plebeian

Re: Heroes TV series

Post by MarthWMaster »

It can be. The draw of OVA lies in its versatility. Most any fictional character you can think of can be generated with relative ease by picking out what they're good at, what they're bad at, and what they're average at.

The difficulty you're going to find is probably going to be in regard to developing the powers themselves and how they work. If you want a gradual progression to the powers as exists in Heroes, they'll also need to be something you can add to over time. But the exact nature of how this might work will depend on the power in question.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Heroes TV series

Post by Clay »

I would think you’d have a great time using OVA for this. Really, when you remove the “anime” chrome, OVA is pretty much equivalent to a supers RPG. Just stick to low levels of Abilities that you can improve with experience over time, and I think you’ll do just fine.