Community Resource Hub

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

metabolicjosh
Shelled Plebeian

Community Resource Hub

Post by metabolicjosh »

:o This game inspires lots of happy feelings in me and hopefully many of you, the community. I've read lots of tips and explanations of how to use abilities and even a list of templates, from creatures to items and more. I suggest that the we work together to create a place where OVA resources can be easily be found and even added onto. I'd like to start this off, so feel free to add anything you like, from comments to ideas. I'll keep tabs on this forum page over time and make a list of all the quality content created. I've never seen a more interesting community before, and it's only because of what Clay created. Thanks!
metabolicjosh
Shelled Plebeian

Re: Community Resource Hub

Post by metabolicjosh »

Ill start things off with some supernatural templates.

Vampire
2 Agile
2 Strong
3 Psychic

2 Dependency (Blood)
2 Fear (Sunlight, Garlic and Holy Symbols)
3 Accidental Transformation (Caused by Sunlight, Ingestion of Garlic, and Touching Holy Symbols)

3 Slow (Accidental Transformation)
3 Weak (Accidental Transformation)

Sentient ZombieS
3 Life Support
3 Tough
2 Resistance (Phyisical Tramua)

3 Vulnerability (Head Tramua)
3 Languid
2 Bizarre Apperance
Last edited by metabolicjosh on Mon May 02, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswynn d'Cannith
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Roswynn d'Cannith »

I like, but right now I wouldn't know what to contribute. Any ideas, metabolicjosh? Ask me anything. Can't make promises on the final quality, but I'll give it a shot, whatever it is.

Also, I wanted to ask:
  • Why are those sentient zombies armored? Are those actual armors they're wearing? If so they must be pretty rusty and rotten, I'd scale it down to just +1 if anything
    If I hit a zombie in the head with a conventional weapon, say a gun, does it take extra damage because it's Vulnerable (Head Trauma) or do his Vulnerable & Resistant cancel each other?
... Wait, am I derailing this thread already? I hope not but if I am please tell me!

XOXO
Rose-
*Truth is, takes many crystals to make something shine*
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

I can only point to my other threads as contribution to the effort myself.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

I originally posted this in the "Pick a Character" thread, but I think these came out well.

In space, no one can hear you scream...

Xenomorph Queen

Abilities (12)
Armored +3
Attack +2
Minions +1
Quick +1
Strong +3
Toughness +2

Weaknesses (-9)
Awkward Size -2
Bizarre Appearance -3
Emotionless -3
Vulnerability -1 (Fire)

With Eggsac
Minions +4
Guardian -1 (Hive/eggs)
Restricted Freedom -3

Attacks & Combat Stats
Acid Blood: Armor Penetrating (+5), Continued Effect (+10), Effective (+5); Break (-10); Roll: 3, DX: 4, End: 10
Claws and Tail: Reach (+5); Elaborate Gestures (-5); Roll: 3, DX: 6, End: 0
Defense: 3
Health: 60
Endurance: 40

A queen's minions will usually be facehuggers but drones and warriors can be summoned instead, using the 'combined' option.

Xenomorph drone/warrior (+2)*

Abilities
Armored +2
Attack +1
Art of Invisibiliity +2
Strong +2
Quick +2

Weaknesses
Bizarre Appearance -3
Emotionless -3
Vulnerability -1 (Fire)

Attacks & Combat Stats
Acid Blood: Armor Penetrating (+5), Continued Effect (+10), Effective (+5); Break (-10); Roll: 3, DX: 4, End: 10
Claws and Tail: Reach (+5); Elaborate Gestures (-5); Roll: 3, DX: 6, End: 0
Defense: 4
Health: 20 (40)
Endurance: 20 (40)
*A drone or a warrior will usually be considered a secondary NPC useful for the Minion ability or for more action oriented encounters. A warrior or a drone can be increased to a heroic NPC to replicate a horror survival themed encounter.

Xenomorph chestburster (+1)
Attributes: Attack +1, Quick +3, Unique Ability +3 (morphs into drone/warrior); Bizarre Appearance -3, Emotionless -3, Vulnerability -1 (Fire); Health/Endurance: 10/10

Xenomorph facehugger (+1)
Attributes: Agile +2, Quick +2, Unique Ability +3 (impregnate with chestburster); Bizarre Appearance -3, Emotionless -3; Health/Endurance: 10/10

The unique ability to impregnate serves as an attack (Roll: 7). When successful, the victim has been facehugged, during which the victim is unconscious while the facehugger implants an embryo, which usually takes about an hour, afterwards the facehugger falls off and dies. The embryo gestates in the victim for (Health+endurance/10) hrs, and then bursts out of the host as a chestburster, killing the victim.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

A good idea might be to create a sticky with a neatly organized list of links to other posts on the forum. As it is, even if we recopied all the good stuff here, it still will be rather hard to slog through. Does anyone else like the sound of that?
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Sounds good enough to me.

Speaking of which, I may need to go back to my earlier entries and do a few corrections....
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

All for it.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
Roswynn d'Cannith
Worthy Tortoise

It would be very cool :wink:
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Roswynn d'Cannith
Worthy Tortoise

Cracks whip :twisted:
nmhk
Shelled Plebeian

Post by nmhk »

Hey, everybody! My friend got the rule book and we decided to dive in and do some gaming. I like how the game is structured, and the character sheets are nice, too, except they seem designed more for displaying your character. I made some alterations to allow for more attacks and combat skills. I also adjusted the bio sheet to give more space for inventory. These are editable pdfs, you should be able to make a copy and edit them at will (font size, color, etc.). My group seems to appreciate the extra room. Let me know if these help you.

statistics

biography
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

The fantasy gear listings we had a while back should be added to this as well. Those are a valid resource for any setting I'd think.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron