make a OVA video!!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

nori16
Shelled Plebeian

make a OVA video!!

Post by nori16 »

i just watch vin deisels witch hunter d&d session.looks cool right!!!! now i was thinking maybe clay can make a video like that..well for the newbies out there like me tee hee :D well well what do you think??
Roswynn d'Cannith
Worthy Tortoise

Re: make a OVA video!!

Post by Roswynn d'Cannith »

You mean this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o
it's great! There's some people from the Critical Role crew - Mercer the awesome DM, Laura Bailey, her husband Grog... and there's... Vin... Diesel?... :?:

... It was nice!

Alright, Clay, make it happen! :P

Nori16, I think we should gather our best players and GM, decide on a setting & story, and then approach Geek & Sundry with an offer. Clay can't be expected to do everything around here :wink:
*Truth is, takes many crystals to make something shine*
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

While it’s a lovely idea, I’m afraid I might be a bit camera shy (and short on players) to pull off a video of my own, but it would be great to see others’ playing the game!

Obviously an appearance on Tabletop would be amazing, but sadly the anime theme tends to make OVA too niche for appearances like that. I wouldn’t mind being proven wrong, though!
nori16
Shelled Plebeian

Post by nori16 »

aww but i think its a great idea clay!!! ...wait!! i know!!! remember the kickstarter video you made with miho and clay talking to each other(telling bout the good stuff...tee hee) right??
how bout you use animation for your video !! it would be soooooo kawaii!! plus it suits the OVA theme perfectly..

thanks roswynn...but im just a newbie gamer...havent had a real session before so...
Last edited by nori16 on Fri May 06, 2016 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarthWMaster
Shelled Plebeian

Post by MarthWMaster »

The sad thing is that we know most of the cast of Critical Role would probably have a blast doing an anime-themed adventure, given their shared background in anime dubbing.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

If that’s the case, maybe they would like OVA. I’d be more than happy to toss them a copy if there were interest.
MarthWMaster
Shelled Plebeian

Post by MarthWMaster »

I wouldn't imagine anything top-budget like Geek & Sundry's Titansgrave, and it'd probably work best as a one-off special, but the worst that could happen is it'd get turned down. I think it'd be fun if something OVA-related showed up on their channel.
Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Blobathehutt »

Did anything like this ever happen? I would love to watch something like this!
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Feel free to suggest it to your favorite shows! I would love to see such a thing happen too, but I think it would have more success coming from fans of the game than a plea from the creator himself.