Over-the-top Idea

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Over-the-top Idea

Post by Blobathehutt »

Its cool, I like it!
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

Malancthon wrote:For quick reference, here are the min-max values for Health and Endurance per level.
1: 200-500
2: 400-1000
3: 1000-2500
4: 2000-5000
5: 4000-10000
This wasn't quite as helpful as I wanted. With the Frail and Languid Weaknesses and the Tough and Vigorous Abilities, Health and Endurance actually ranges from 10 to 100 points (plus Extras start at 10/10 and Secondaries at 20/20). So here is a better reference table, giving anyone a quick idea of how hardy they want a character to be.

0: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100
1: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 500
2: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 1000
3: 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000, 2500
4: 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, 5000
5: 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 10000
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

Blobathehutt wrote:
Sabersonic wrote:
Blobathehutt wrote:I like both rules and will most likely use them both in my games :)
If you are, might I offer a suggestion and not make it immediately available to players?
Nothing really screams tension and suspense such as a foe with that high of an HP and that one's prudent and rational reaction should be thus:
Don't worry I have been thinking about how to do this for a while.
Well, throwing an Eldritch Abomination at the end of your first session is obviously a bad idea unless you plan on killing your party right away, and that's no way to play at all. It's certainly better to build up to that. For example, an Extra character (base 10/10 Health/Endurance) with Monstrous Durability +1 now as 50/10 stats, which is still less than a baseline Heroic character (40/40) while still showcasing how frighteningly more powerful than normal Extras are. A werewolf or alien encounter powered this way would be a wake-up call that 'it's gotten real'. Also, this would be about the right strength for a first mid-boss or even a first session final boss.

A Secondary character with Monstrous Durability +1 is 100/10, which is slightly stronger than most Heroic characters, but still weaker than, say, Shadow Man. This would probably be more appropriate for a first session final boss. At this point, if you want to continue building up using Monstrous Abilities, you should start letting the players access to them.

Damage is a little bit trickier. If you want to use Monstrous Destruction, I'd probably lower the accuracy of them, so that they rarely hit the PCs but if they do, they'll feel it. Or you could delay using Monstrous Destruction with your encounters until the players have gained the Abilities themselves so that the playing field is even. Once the players have Monstrous Abilities +1, you can start treating the encounters like normal, just with MD +1 and having the basics multiplied.

In general, you should slowly introduce your players to no more than +1 MD more than they currently have access to.

You could also designate certain arcs to be of a certain level of MD (IE, Monstrous Abilities of X level are not available until you have reached Arc X).
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

StarRaven wrote: I've got my own personal beef with these kinds of rules (my experience with Rifts was incredibly frustrating) and I have no intention of ever using them, so I have no interest in finding ways to integrate them. (Other people are welcome to though, if they want to use them together.)
So, the problem is not with Abilities, but how it was handled in Rifts (which then colors your opinion of similar rules).

I agree.

With Rifts, My initial thought was "this is really cool!" And then, later, "This is really unfeasible!"

The problem, which mostly lies with Kevin Siembodia's gaming style, is that many of the encounters are vastly more powerful than the PCs, and it's 'wrong' for PCs to try and match the villains in power. If you happen somehow defeat something like an Alien Intelligence or a God, or the Four Horsemen, it's probably through flagrant powergaming (which is generally frowned upon) or rules lawyering (also frowned upon), and then it doesn't matter since there is a 90% chance they'll teleport away anyway. Slogging through a battle like it was in an anime, fantasy movie, comic book, or video game is just not feasible.

So, it's not the high numbers that makes Rifts a terrible game, just a visible headache, which you've obviously experienced.

Most RPGs avoid the problem by sticking with lower numbers, but it also makes stuff like Godzilla, DBZ, Superman, Final Fantasy, not really feasible, and trying to replicate those things replicates the flaws of Rifts, that having high numbers and not able to deal high damage without cheese makes slogging games that are not fun.

However, when I came across the x50 formula while looking at ways to convert Super Robot Wars (either increasing numbers by x50 or dividing the SRW numbers by 50), I was able to tackle the idea in a way that keeps the mechanics feasible while maintaining the other aspects of the game (OVA in this case).
StarRaven
Worthy Tortoise

Post by StarRaven »

My understanding is that the problem with Rifts was that initially megadamage was for big stuff like mechs which then slowly but surely made its way into player stuff due to power creep (and then, to make it worse, the original stuff that used megadamage was never scaled up to compensate, making for some seriously unbalanced situations.)

In the particular campaign that I played in, the problem I recall the most distinctly was that there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what had or used megadamage -- right up until every single thing we had to fight had it but only about half the players did. Generally I would put this off as bad GMing, but we played a lot of games with that GM and he was consistently one of the best we had. A fluke maybe? Who knows. You're absolutely right that it put me off of similar systems.

To zoom out like... a lot, here:
There is an inherent "flaw" with virtually every modern gaming system in terms of the way entity survivability works (it's not really a flaw, per se, but it's a bit of weirdness that I never really see addressed) and that's that there's generally multiple vectors to take into account. (An actual flaw, though: these are frequently badly balanced or badly differentiated, so that players end up focusing on one and ignoring the others or ignoring defense entirely in favor of figuring out how to build the fastest glass cannon.) Most games have at least two: HP and Defense, and usually add a Dodge/Accuracy mechanic as well. Some games have many more. (Conversely, some games reduce this complexity by eliminating some of these vectors. Monster Hunter and Iron/Jade Claw get rid of variable HP by giving all PCs the same amount of HP except in rare circumstances. Final Fantasy Tactics does away with damage reduction entirely in favor of having all defense go straight to the character's HP. Etc.)

In OVA, you can increase the survivability of an entity by adding more Health, which is what your Monstrous Durability does. But in OVA, you can also increase survivability by adding Defense, Armor, or Resistances. Your Monstrous rules don't really take some of those into account.

Take Armored for example. How does Armored work against Monstrous Damage? Is it applied before or after the DX increase? (Let's say we're looking at MD +3 DX 3 vs up to +3 Armored.) If it's applied before, it's hilariously effective -- reducing a DX of 75 down to 50/25/~12. If it's applied after, it's obsolete. Basically just flavor text now. In the former case, you'd have to seriously redefine what counts as armor, or else a sturdy bulletproof vest could potentially halve the damage of a nuclear blast, which is exactly the kind of situation you're trying to prevent. In the latter, you've (possibly unintentionally) made both an Ability and a Perk a waste of points (and the Low Penetration Flaw, because of how absurdly ineffective Armored is anyway, is now basically just free points.)

Resistance is in the same boat as Armored, except that it has no minimum damage reduction.

Looking at your most recent examples of minor bosses, the only difference between them (a 50/10 extra and a 100/20 secondary) and just adding some levels of Tough and/or bumping them up a tier is the huge de-emphasis of Endurance. That tells me you probably don't think they're going to be using it at all (so they're either playing out their major attacks within 2-3 turns or none of their attacks use Endurance) and it's probably just being used as a minor secondary HP pool. This weakens another one of OVA's mechanics: the Fatiguing Perk. Rather than lowering the amount of times a boss can use its attacks and forcing them to rely on 0 End attacks, Fatiguing attacks are now just regular attacks that have their total damage capped at a laughably small amount.

Meanwhile, you can get levels of durability comparable to low levels of Monstrous by adding more armor and defense to an enemy. Check out these charts showing the average damage for an attack roll vs a damage roll.

Looking at your Monstrous Damage rules, I see something similar -- a de-emphasis of Endurance. What would normally be achieved by adding the Effective Perk (extra damage) is now given for free. I assume Perks and Flaws are calculated before the DX boost -- otherwise with Monstrous Damage high enough, Effective would become obsolete and characters could skim off a petty amount of damage with Ineffective Flaws to get huge amounts of Perks for nearly free.

The way Endurance works also makes your Monstrous Drive Ability, as you pointed out, pretty broken.

So, I think maybe there are still some kinks to work out.

OVA's lack of inherent gear options and extremely informal system of character growth mean that all the characters are heavily front-loaded, and I definitely relate to the desire to implement some kind of rules for that. Actually, that's literally what my next post was gonna be, before I got sidetracked thinking about Fusion. :P This has me thinking of some new ideas as well though....
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

The Monstrous modifier is the last thing to apply, so things like Attack, Armored, and Tough, etc. are calculated before multiplying by the Monstrous modifier.

So, for example, Character A has Attack +2 against a Character B who has Armored +1.

With no MD, a successful attack would have a DX of 2 (base 1, plus Attack 2, minus Armored 1) instead of DX 3.

With MD 1, a successful attack would have a DX of 10 (base 1, plus Attack 2, minus Armored 1, times 5 for MD 1) instead of DX 15.

With MD 5, a successful attack would have a DX of 200 (base 1, plus Attack 2, minus Armored 1, times 100 for MD 5) instead of DX 300.

A character with Monstrous Durability equal to the Monstrous Destruction, takes about the same percentage of damage regardless. So while it seems to be tremendously effective, it evens out the same.

Of course, if a person with MDestruction 1 is fighting against someone with more MDurability, then the scratch becomes less of a scratch. And conversely, even if the DX is lowered, the character with less MDurability is going to take a lot of damage despite their armor (but it might be enough to save the character, or Chunky Salsa goes into effect).

Since the Monstrous Abilities are rooted to the character, unless specified otherwise, the reason why even a light shield is so effective is because of how effective the character is. And if specified otherwise, then you'd have your answer why even light armor is so effective.

Now, I will admit I place a lesser emphasis on Endurance. When I initially worked on the idea, I wasn't fully understanding Endurance's place in OVA, and part of Me debated whether to just separate Health and Endurance to not have them overlap, since that's the standard for most games. In the end, I decided to allow the funkiness of the disparity between low Endurance and high Health as just a part of how OVA is. After all, normal Extras and Secondaries already suffer a low Endurance that cripples them. Take the Fairy fragment, for example. With Magic 1, casting a level 1 Ability is 20 EN, which a Fairy at the Extra level does not have (umm... it's probably a Health 5/Endurance 10, since the Frail -1 makes their Health a bit wonky). As a Secondary, they could only do that once and their drained; as a Heroic, they could do it twice.

When I build characters, I generally go with a couple of 0 EN attacks, figuring if they need a boost, then they can burn EN for either Effective or Accurate (unless the Attack fits having some sort of EN cost). There is a potential for players to spam out EN costs without care because they think they have enough EN to coast through spamming out- that'd require a bit if tinkering on the GM, either adding more encounters (since now the character can go far longer now without being drained), making encounters more powerful (thus requiring the character to drain their Endurance faster), or by restricting Monstrous Drive. It's not quite broken (although it can appear to be so), but it does make it tricky, and would probably be the least used of the three Monstrous Abilities.
StarRaven
Worthy Tortoise

Post by StarRaven »

Malancthon wrote:Take the Fairy fragment, for example. With Magic 1, casting a level 1 Ability is 20 EN, which a Fairy at the Extra level does not have (umm... it's probably a Health 5/Endurance 10, since the Frail -1 makes their Health a bit wonky). As a Secondary, they could only do that once and their drained; as a Heroic, they could do it twice.
Yeah, I don't find that the NPCs in the OVA book really suit my needs, so I generally don't use them. (I've got a collection of monsters I've been working on compiling for like... ever, heh.)

(Although, for the sake of argument, that fairy's magic could be cast a number of ways -- it could take a round of uninterrupted concentration and elaborate gestures, it could require assistance from more fairies, etc. Since Arcane Magic is buff spells and given the rest of their description, I'd say those probably aren't enemies to be fought but rather potential NPCs to encounter.)
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

Makuta, the Skull Emperor (Boss)
The Dark Lord Makuta is an ancient being of immense power. Hailing from the biomechanical world of Okoto, he along with his brother Ekimu crafted Masks of Power which allowed the Okotans to channel a single element, and Okoto developed into an advanced peaceful culture. Much to Makuta's resentment, Ekimu's masks were more popular than his own. Makuta created the Mask of Ultimate Power, thinking it would transform him into a god and be able to conquer Okoto. The immense power, fueled by his resentment and anger, overwhelmed him and threatened to destroy Okoto. With sadness, Ekimu struck down Makuta, appearing to destroy his brother in a massive explosion that engulfed Makuta and the entire Capital City. However, Makuta survived and had absorbed much of the strength of the Mask of the Ultimate Power, even wearing what appeared to be a shadowy copy of the Mask. Trapped in the Shadow Realm, Makuta plotted for thousands of years, raising a skeletal army of biomechanical warrior to soon return...

Health: 1000
Endurance: 500
Defense: 3

Abilities (20)
Armor +2
Attack +1
Combat Expert +1
Evasive +1
Magic, Arcane +3
Monstrous Destruction +2
Monstrous Durability +3
Monstrous Drive +2
Minions +3
Strong +1
Vigorous +1

Weaknesses (-15)
Arrogant -3
Awkward Size -3
Bizarre Appearance -3
Greedy -3
Restricted Freedom -3

Attacks
Flame Staff: Armor Piercing, Weapon; Roll: 3, DX: x30, EN:0
Flame Shot: Armor Piercing, Ranged, Weapon; Roll: 3, DX: x20, EN: 0
Arm Blades: Accurate, Ineffective; Roll: 4, DX: x20, EN: 0
Shadow Blast: Ranged, Strength Powered; Roll: 3, DX: x30, EN: 5
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

Skull Warriors (+1 Minion)

The undead biomechanical legion of Makuta, the Skull Warriors rise from the depths of the ground with an icy chill. Armed with a frosty bow and a bladed staff, the giant warriors serve only the will of the Dark Lord.

Health: 100
Endurance: 10
Defense: 3

Abilities (9)
Armored +2
Attack +1
Combat Expert +1
Evasive +1
Monstrous Destruction +1
Monstrous Durability +1
Strong +1
Tough +1

Weaknesses (-8)
Awkward Size -2
Bizarre Appearance -3
Servitude -3

Blade Staff: Disarming, Reach, Ineffective 2, Weapon; Roll: 3, DX: x5, EN: 0
Bowblaster: Effective, Ranged, Weapon; Roll: 3, DX: x15, EN: 0
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

Because of course I must.

To be honest, I do really like the 'by the book's version of Devil Gigatron that was already presented, but as always, I feel there should be a Monstrous version of him.

I'll probably do a thread of house rules, but the short version is I think Endurance and Health should be separated when using this or other Monstrous Abilities.

Devil Gigatron
A god of destruction who rules the Destrongers, the elite forces of the cosmic devils the Destrons. As a top Destron soldier, he has participated in numerous battles over the years. Under those severe conditions, he gained the technology for his six step transformations. Gigatron has gained the ultimate Devil Power and evolved into the Ultimate God of Destruction, capable of ten transformations

Once a fearsome super robotic lifeform with the intention of galactic conquest, Devil Gigatron was defeated by the unlimited potential and power he had sought. Imprisoned by the Dimensional Patrol and humbled by his defeat, Gigatron was informed of the vast extradimensional threats that the Patrol defended against. The knowledge awakened something new in Gigatron, and he gave up on his evil ambitions to join the Dimensional Patrol. With his incredible Devil powers that allowed him to transform himself into nearly anything imaginable, Gigatron usually works alone, preferring jobs against the greatest of cosmic threats.

Health: 250
Endurance: 200
Defense: 4

Abilities (+20)
Armor +2
Attack +3
Combat Expert +2
Devil Power (Magic, Arcane) +3
Evasive +2
Flight +1
Life Support +3
Monstrous Destruction +1
Monstrous Drive +1
Monstrous Durability +1
Tough +1

Weaknesses (-15)
Awkward Size -2
Bizarre Appearance -2
Infamous -2
Loner -1
Obsession -2
Overconfident -3
Rude -1
Vulnerability (Electricity) -2

Attacks
Devil Lancer: Effective, Weapon; R: 4, DX: x25, En: 0
Devil Lightning: Ranged; R: 4, DX: x20, En: 0
Full powered Lancer: Accurate 5, Effective 5, Weapon, R: 9, DX: x50, EN: 45
Full powered blast: Accurate 5, Effective 5, Ranged, R: 9, DX: x45, EN: 50

Alternate Forms:
Devil Gigatron is able to channel vast amounts of energy, called his Devil Power. Usually the best way for Gigatron to channel his Devil Power is by reconfiguring his body into alternate forms, with the most common described below.

Devil Jet: Gigatron's preferred form for transport, the Devil Jet form flies at incredible speeds. Flight +3, Devil Shooters: Ranged; R: 4, DX: x20, En: 0 (20 En)

Devil Hand: One of Gigatron's more unusual forms, the Devil Hand cycles his energy to increase his physical strength. Strong +3, Devil Slam: R: 4, DX: x35, En: 0 (20 En)

Devil Car: While a form Gigatron does not assume often, the Devil Car can be useful for quick getaways. Quick +3, Devil Shooters: Ranged; R: 4, Dx: x20, En: 0 (20 En)

Devil Bat: Another unusual form, Gigatron channels the Devil Bat's dark aura for metaphysical attacks. Psychic +3 (20 En)

Devil Dragon: An excellent form for combat, Devil Gigatron is able to use the unnerving weaving of the Devil Dragon's twin heads to attack from unexpected angles. Agile +3, Devil Flamethrowers: Ranged; R: 7, Dx: x20, En: 0 (20 En)

Devil Elephant: The Devil Elephant is a mode Gigatron rarely needs to take, but when he does he has nearly impenetrable defenses. Armor +3 (20 En)

Devil Saurer: A powerful, balanced form, the Devil Saurer combines the savage grace of the Devil Dragon form with incredible destruction. Agile +2, Attack +2, Devil Slash: R: 6, DX: x30, En: 0; Devil Beam (20 En)

Pretender: Probably Devil Gigatron's most useful form, he is able to weave a transdermal shell and shift his mass to appear as an organic being. Transformation +1 (5 En)

Kyūkyoku Hakaishin: Not technically a transformation, Devil Gigatron's Kyūkyoku Hakaishin mode unleashes his full destructive abilities, living up to his nickname as the Ultimate God of Destruction. Attack +2, Strong +3, Devil Lancer: Effective, Weapon; R: 4, DX: x50, En: 0, Devil Cutter: Ranged; R: 4, DX: x30, En: 0 (30 En)
Last edited by Malancthon on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

Ky-Mal

Stolen from Krypton as a baby by the mysterious New God Metron and given to the Lord of Apokolips, Darkseid, Ky-Mal was raised in the brutal Killoseum. Under sadistic expiramentation by Desaad, Ky-Mal discovered his Photonucleic powers, which allowed him to rise up and become one of the newest in Darkseid's inner circle. Now Ky-Mal must balance the threat of dark politics while becoming a fierce warrior for Darkseid.

Health: 300
Endurance: 40

Abilities (+15)
Attack +2
Combat Expert +3
Evasive +2
Flight +1*
Gear (Armor +1, Life Support +3, Bizarre Appearance -2) +1
Knowledge (Tactics) +2(1)
Monstrous Destruction +1*
Monstrous Durability +1*
Strong +1*
Tough +2

Weaknesses (-10)
Focus (Yellow Sun Energy) -3*
Servitude -2
Short-Tempered -2
Vulnerability (Kryptonite) -3
*Abilities affected by Focus

Attacks
Strong Punch Roll: 5, DX: x20, EN: 0
-A simple but effective punch
Blaster Effective 2, Ranged, Ammo, Weapon; Roll: 5, DX: x25, EN: 0
-An alien ranged weapon that Ky-Mal usually weilds
Heat Vision: Armor Penetrating, Effective 5, Activation; Roll: x5, DX: x40, EN: 20
-A super technique that allows Ky-Mal to expel powerful rays of heat from his eyes

Another reinterpretation of the Man of Steel General Zod. I still wanted to do something with Superman like powers. It probably be easy enough to swap Focus with Dependency and make it something other than Yellow Sun to remove the Kryptonian part of the story (likewise changing the Vulnerability to Kryptonite to something else). I decided to use Gear like Vehicle, because it just works better. That Life Support 3 is hard to swallow otherwise, but I kinda wanted that as part of his armored look. Servitude can be a bit troublesome, so it can be swapped out for Infamous or Wanted.
Last edited by Malancthon on Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

Malekai
Malekai walks the path of Ultimate Darkness, a martial arts style of using one's darker aspects of the natural human instincts, including the desire to survive, trample, and impose over opposition, and on a metaphysical level, the natural occurrence and manifestation of lose, decline, and destruction. Being a half-demon, Malekai has a stronger connection to such darkness, and can transform into a demonic form of immense power. Because of his demonic strength and his meditation on the Ultimate Darkness, Malekai has a short temper and an abundance of confidence, as well a penchant for naughty things. However, he is also aware of the danger of losing himself to the Ultimate Darkness, and strives to live by a code of honor so as to not succumb to the Ultimate Darkness. And so Malekai travels the realms, never staying long after his demonic lineage is revealed, seeking out worthy challenges to test his strength and deepen his understanding of the Ultimate Darkness.

Health: 50 (1250)

Abilities (+15)
Attack +2
Combat Expert +3
Evasive +2
Intimidation +1
Sixth Sense +1
Strong +2
Tough +1
Transformation +3
-Armor +2
-Monstrous Destruction +3
-Monstrous Durability +3
-Bizarre Appearance -2

Weaknesses (-10)
Bizarre Appearance -1 (Demon tattoo)
Code of Conduct -2 (Noble Demon)
Ism -2 (Half-Demon)
Lecherous -1
Overconfident -2
Short Tempered -2

Attacks
Punch (Accurate, Stunning, Elaborate Gestures, Ineffective 2) Roll: 6, DX: x3(x75), EN: 0
-A skilled unarmed strike
Ankoku Hadouken (Effective, Ranged, Elaborate Gestures) Roll: 5, DX: x4(x100), EN: 0
-A martial art skill of firing a wave of dark energy
Claws (Affinity: Transformed) Roll: 5, DX: x125, EN: 0
-Devastating natural weapons when transformed
Ankokuken (Accurate, Effective, Elaborate Gestures) Roll: 6, DX: x6(x150), EN: 5
-A darkness charged martial strike
Messatsu Ankoku Hadouken (Effective 5, Ranged, Activation, Elaborate Gestures) Roll: 5, DX: x8(x200), EN: 10
-A fully charged wave of dark energy
Kyukyoku Ankokugiri (Accurate 2, Effective 5, Build Up 5, Elaborate Gestures) Roll: 7, DX: x10 (x250), EN: 5
-A leaping kick empowered by the ultimate darkness
Last edited by Malancthon on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

Shadow Moon

Taken by the mysterious cult known as Golgom, Johnny Tsukikage was altered to become Golgom's new King of the Century! Implanted with the Kingstone, which grants Johnny control over the flow of cosmic energies, his enhanced body is able to transform into the armored form of Shadow Moon, which bolsters his powers to super human levels. With the energy sword Satan Saber in hand, he travels to the sea of stars, looking to claim his destiny as the ruler of the Universe! But there is another danger for Shadow Moon, as he does not know his enhanced body was made to become the host of the ancient spirit of Golgom, the Creation King, a cosmic monster claiming to be over 50,000 years old...

Health: 40 (200)
Endurance: 40 (200)

Abilities (+15)
Attack +3
Charismatic +1
Combat Expert +2
Evasive +2
Magic (Kingstone) +2
Position of Power +1
Smart +1
Transformation +3
-Armor +2
-Magic +2
-Monstrous Destruction +1
-Monstrous Drive +1
-Monstrous Durability +1
-Strong +1
-Bizarre Appearence -2

Weaknesses (-10)
Lecherous -1
Short-Tempered -1
Overconfident -2
Obsession (Becoming Century King) -2
Secret (Identity) -1
Unique (Doomed Destiny) -3

Attacks
Satan Saber: Armor Penetrating, Weapon; Roll: 4, DX: x4 (x25), En: 0
-A saber specially designed for the Century King
Saber Slash: Ranged (Strength-Powered), Weapon; Roll: 4, DX: x4 (x25), En: 0
-A slash from the Satan Saber that is able to strike across distance
Shadow Punch: Stunning, Ineffective 2; Roll: 4, DX: x2 (x15), En: 0
-A concentrated punch
Shadow Beam: Ranged, Affinity Transformed; Roll: 4, DX: x20, En: 0
-A lightning blast from the fingers
Shadow Flash: Area Effect, Effective 2, Ranged, Concentration, Affinity Transformed; Roll: 4, DX: x30, En: 0
-A wide blast of energy from the Kingstone
Shadow Kick: Accurate 2, Effective 3, Build Up 5, Affinity Transformed; Roll: 6, DX: x40, En: 0)
-A flying kick of finishing power

This is probably My favorite character/build, and the one I want to play the most...
Last edited by Malancthon on Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

A friend asked what a sort of female counterpart to Devil Gigatron would be like, so I came up with this.

deMechanika (+20/-15)

From an abyssal depth made of metal and wires, deMechanika rules as queen of robotic succubi. Her cybernetic engine is fueled by the souls of the living. Advanced fiendish technology not only allows her to repair her frame by converting the blood of mortals, but also gives her abilities indistinguishable from magic. deMechanika is often found travelling across dimensions, appearing in different forms, finding numerous suitors and often leaving them drained behind her.

Health: 150
Endurance: 250

Abilities
Agile +1
Armor +1
Attack +2
Beautiful +2
Charismatic +2
Flight +1
Life Support +3
Magic +2
Monstrous Destruction +1
Monstrous Drive +1
Monstrous Durability +1
Quick +2
Vigor +1

Weaknesses
Arrogant -2
Awkward Size -1
Bizarre Appearance -2
Dependency (soul energy) -3
Frail -1
Lecherous -2
Love Magnet -2

Attacks
Blood Suck: Effective 2, Vampire, Unique: Seduction, Concentration; R: 6, DX: x25, EN: 0
Soul Suck: Effective, Fatiguing, Vampire 2, Unique: Seduction, Concentration; R: 6, DX: x20, EN: 0
Ranged Blast: Ranged; R: 3, DX: x3, EN: 0
Full powered blast: Accurate 5, Effective 5, Ranged, R: 8, DX: x40, EN: 50

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mechademoness (+15/-10)
Health: 100
Endurance: 100

Abilities
Agile +1
Armor +1
Attack +1
Beautiful +2
Life Support +3
Magic +2
Monstrous Destruction +1
Monstrous Drive +1
Monstrous Durability +1
Quick +2

Weaknesses
Awkward Size -1
Bizarre Appearance -2
Dependency (Soul Energy) -3
Lecherous -2

Attacks
Blood Suck: Effective 2, Vampire, Unique: Seduction, Concentration; R: 4, DX: x20, EN: 0
Soul Suck: Effective, Fatiguing, Vampire 2, Unique: Seduction, Concentration; R: 4, DX: x15, EN: 0
Ranged Blast: Ranged; R: 4, DX: x10, EN: 0

Seduction allows the character to use Charisma, Beautiful, and Cute for the attacking roll instead of Agile and Combat Expert.
Malancthon
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Malancthon »

Kryptonian template (+0)
Abilities
Flight +1
Strong +1
Super Destruction +1
Super Durability +1
Supersenses +1

Weaknesses
Focus (Yellow Sunlight Radiation) -3
Vulnerability (Kryptonite) -2

General Zod
Imprisoned in the phantom zone, General Zod, a warrior born from generations of warriors before him, escaped when Krypton was destroyed. He led a small band of surviving Kryptonians in search of a new home and in the process discovered a planet called Earth. Prepared for battle, General Zod wears armor made of materials native to his planet of Krypton.

Health: 250

Abilities (+15)
Attack +2
Combat Expert +3
Evasive +2
Flight +1
Gear (Armor +1, Life Support +3, Bizarre Appearence -2) +1
Position of Power +1
Strong +1
Super Destruction +1
Super Durability +1
Super Senses +1
Tough +1

Weaknesses (-10)
Focus (Yellow Sun Radiation) -3
Infamous -1
Overconfident -2
Short Tempered -2

Attacks
Punch (Stunning, Ineffective 2) R: 5, DX: x10, EN: 0
Heatvision (Ranged) R: 5, DX: x15, EN: 0
Kryptonian Rifle (Effective, Ranged, Weapon): R: 5, DX: x20, EN: 0
Fallen General (Effective 2, Build Up, Weapon) R: 5, DX: 30, EN: 0
Super Heatvision (Effective 5, Ranged, Open to Attack) R: 5, DX: x40, EN: 0
Galactic Destruction (Effective 5, Build Up 5): R: 5, DX: x45, EN: 0

Commander Faora
Second in command in General Zod's army, Faora is a powerful Kryptonian warrior. Extremely talented with knives and hand-to-hand combat, she will stop anyone who gets in her way. Fiercely loyal to General Zod and his cause, she is imprisoned with Zod in the Phantom Zone, eventually escaping and traveling to Earth with him.

Health: 200
Defense: 5

Abilities (+15)
Attack +1
Beautiful +1
Combat Expert +3
Evasive +3
Flight +1
Gear (Armor +1, Life Support +3, Bizarre Appearence -2) +1
Perceptive +1
Super Destruction +1
Super Durability +1
Strong +1
Super Senses +1

Weaknesses (-10)
Arrogant -2
Focus (Yellow Sun Radiation) -3
Servitude -3

Attacks
Punch (Stunning, Ineffective 2) R: 5, DX: x5, EN: 0
Heatvision (Ranged) R: 5, DX: x10, EN: 0
Kryptonian Knife (Accurate, Weapon) R: 6, DX: x15, EN: 0
Super Heatvision (Effective 5, Ranged, Open to Attack) R: 5, DX: x35, EN: 0

Kryptonain soldiers(Health: 50, Endurance: 10, Defense: 3) Attack +1, Combat Expert +1, Evasive +1, Flight +1, Gear (Armor +1, Life Support +3, Bizarre Appearence -2) +1, Strong +1, Super Destruction +1, Super Durability +1, Super Senses +1, Focus (Yellow Sun Radiation) -3, Servitude -3, Vulnerabiltiy (Kryptonite) -2
Kryptonian Rifle (Effective, Ranged, Weapon) R: 3, DX: x15, EN: 0

Supersenses is a catch-all power for the various senses Kryptonians have, such as telescopic vision, x-ray vision, enhanced hearing, etc. Super Destruction and Super Durability are the same as Monstrous, just renamed Super for the flavor.

The armor gear is using the 1/2 rules similar to Vehicle and Transformation.