Actual Plays

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Oni
Worthy Tortoise

Actual Plays

Post by Oni »

Does anyone know of any actual play podcasts or videos for OVA?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Actual Plays

Post by Clay »

There’s a handful of character creation videos, but I’ve only seen potentially ONE video of the game in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnaD7l7-sZ8

Unfortunately, the audio quality is terrible, and I never actually saw anyone roll dice or mention the mechanics in any way. (In fact, later on the players seem to be playing an entirely different card game.) Then again, I only skimmed the 3 1/2 hour video, so it’s possible I just missed something. But hey, they brought pizza! That’s the important thing, right?
Oni
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Oni »

Yeah, that was the only thing I could find before I posted this topic. The audio was bad enough that I gave up on it pretty quickly.

Maybe you should consider running a couple skype games or something to record and post online, or bribing a group that does actual plays with a few free copies.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I’m actually not overly versed with RPG actual plays. Do you know of an account in particular you enjoy watching?

As for running one of my own, time is always an issue. But maybe one day!
Oni
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Oni »

There are few YouTubers doing pretty good actual plays. itmeJP has ton of them among all the other stuff he does on his channel, that are recorded from live sessions he broadcasts on his Twitch channel. TheDiceStormers are a group I also really enjoy. GrimithR does a lot of them, I'm currently listening to the All Flesh Must Be Eaten game he did. There are a lot of others, though they either tend to have very small audiences or stick to just one or two games. itmeJP pulls the most views of all the ones I listed by a good amount. Of course Geek & Sundry has started doing actual plays on their channel, but good luck with that I imagine getting them to showcase your game would require an actual outlay of serious money.

Then there are podcasts of which I'm less familar, but there are plenty of them out there. gamerstable.com does really amazing actual plays, they verge on radio dramas.