It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:39 am


All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:14 am 
Shelled Plebeian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 12
I got the OVA-Vampire Cheerleaders crossover for Kickstarter backers and decided to writeup some more characters.

First off, should all the Vampire Cheerleaders have Secret (Vampire) at -2 or even -3 as a weakness? Lori was sure hunters would be coming to kill them and even tried staking Heather when she thought the latter had blown it.

I'm trying to use a version of the Ghost on p. 143 for Lita. Is Telekinesis the only way for ghosts to pick up things? Would this still be a -3 Bizarre Appearance?
Quote:
Image
She can also turn into an even more bizarre form to scare people. Would that be a separate Ability, or just using a reversed modifier?

For the Gorgon sisters, how long does the Paralyzing perk last? It says the level of the Ability, but as a perk, it really doesn't have one. What would a perk for increased duration and a flaw for a power that's always on cost?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:31 pm 
Exalted Amphibian
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 181
tau neutrino wrote:
For the Gorgon sisters, how long does the Paralyzing perk last? It says the level of the Ability, but as a perk, it really doesn't have one. What would a perk for increased duration and a flaw for a power that's always on cost?


Since the perk is an add-on to an Ability, it'd be whatever level the base Ability is.

Say you have Attack +2 and use an attack with Paralyzing, then it'd be for 2 rounds.

_________________
Over-the-Top Idea: Monstrous/Mecha scale Abilities.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:56 am 
Shelled Plebeian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 12
Malancthon wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:
For the Gorgon sisters, how long does the Paralyzing perk last? It says the level of the Ability, but as a perk, it really doesn't have one. What would a perk for increased duration and a flaw for a power that's always on cost?


Since the perk is an add-on to an Ability, it'd be whatever level the base Ability is.

Say you have Attack +2 and use an attack with Paralyzing, then it'd be for 2 rounds.


But what if it isn't added on to a specific Ability, like a taser gun that one character uses? For the Gorgons, I'll probably give them Knowledge (Paralyzing) for the duration. Would that also add to that specific attack roll?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:45 am 
Exalted Amphibian
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 pm
Posts: 518
Location: Somewhere deep in the Continental Mainland
tau neutrino wrote:
But what if it isn't added on to a specific Ability, like a taser gun that one character uses? For the Gorgons, I'll probably give them Knowledge (Paralyzing) for the duration. Would that also add to that specific attack roll?

It'll probably depend upon what Ability is being used, using the taser example as a jumping board. if said "taser" is constructed as a gear, then what Abilities are being used in said gear's construction? Typically it'll be the one with the greatest or most identifiable use would be used (Since, well, Perks are generally added to an Ability as one would do an Attack Variation).

If the "taser" is attached to an Attack Variation, then the original Attack Ability would be used as Mal used as an example. If there was an Attack Variation that isn't derived from an Attack Ability but rather the base DX, I would assume that the DX would be used a meter as well. I could be wrong on that last part though.

_________________
Image
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:46 am 
Shelled Plebeian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 12
Sabersonic wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:
But what if it isn't added on to a specific Ability, like a taser gun that one character uses? For the Gorgons, I'll probably give them Knowledge (Paralyzing) for the duration. Would that also add to that specific attack roll?

It'll probably depend upon what Ability is being used, using the taser example as a jumping board. if said "taser" is constructed as a gear, then what Abilities are being used in said gear's construction? Typically it'll be the one with the greatest or most identifiable use would be used (Since, well, Perks are generally added to an Ability as one would do an Attack Variation).

If the "taser" is attached to an Attack Variation, then the original Attack Ability would be used as Mal used as an example. If there was an Attack Variation that isn't derived from an Attack Ability but rather the base DX, I would assume that the DX would be used a meter as well. I could be wrong on that last part though.


The character (J.C. Summerfield) is a pacifist with neither Attack or Gear Abilities; it just says his taser is standard issue. I'll probably have duration equal to the number of times Paralyzing is taken and move the discussion to Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:38 am 
Shelled Plebeian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 12
Here's what I decided for Lita's ghost form.
Quote:
Attributes:
Flight +1,
Incorporeal Form +2,
Knowledge +3 (Occult)
Knowledge +2 (Reality TV)
Resistance +5 (Physical Attacks)
Telekinesis +1;
Bizarre Appearance –2 (Chibi Ghost, can be changed to -3 and used as a bonus to scare or intimidate),
Greedy -1,
Restricted Freedom –3 (Bound to Katie Kane),
Rude -1

She Slimed Me
Accurate, Area Effect; No Damage
Roll: 3 DX: 0 END: 0
Targets get covered in slime
Defense: 2 Health: 40 Endurance: 40 TV: 12

Threat Value derived from half of Flight
and Incorporeal Form and all of Resistance
and Telekinesis


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:03 am 
Shelled Plebeian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 12
Bianca Harrow, secretly a Gorgon and a slave trader involved with the Reptilian conspiracy. Her favorite food is vampires.
Quote:
Image
+2 Beautiful
+2 Charismatic
+4 Connected
+1 Intimidating
+1 Knowledge (Cryptids)
+1 Knowledge (Medicinal Herbs)
+5 Knowledge (Paralyzing)
+2 Minions
+1 Strong
+1 Tough
+4 Wealthy

-2 Arrogant
-1 Compulsion (Eat Vampires)
-1 Compulsion (Pet Werewolves)
-1 Overconfident
-2 Secret (Gorgon slave trader)
-2 Short-Tempered

DEFENSE: 2
HEALTH: 50
ENDURANCE: 40
TV: 12
ROLL[DX]{END} - Attack

7[0]{0} - “Paralyzing Stare” (Paralyzing x2; Ranged; Will Attack. No Damage)
2[5]{0} - “Consume” (Effective x2. Requirement: Paralyzed Target)


Cressida Harrow, the brains behind the operation and far more ruthless than her sister. Driven to avenge her death.
Quote:
Image
+1 Attack
+2 Beautiful
+2 Charismatic
+4 Connected
+2 Intimidating
+2 Iron-Willed
+3 Knowledge (Business)
+1 Knowledge (Cryptids)
+5 Knowledge (Paralyzing)
+2 Minions
+2 Smart
+1 Strong
+1 Tough
+4 Wealthy

-2 Arrogant
-1 Compulsion (Eat Vampires)
-1 Overconfident
-2 Hatred (Vampires)
-3 Obsession (Avenge Bianca)
-2 Secret (Gorgon slave trader)
-2 Short-Tempered

DEFENSE: 2
HEALTH: 50
ENDURANCE: 40
TV: 15
ROLL[DX]{END} - Attack

9[0]{0} - “Paralyzing Stare” (Paralyzing x2; Ranged; Will Attack. No Damage)
2[5]{0} - “Consume” (Effective x2. Requirement: Paralyzed Target)
2[3]{0} - “Inflict Discipline”
2[5]{0} - “Neck Snap” (Effective x2. Finishing)



Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:10 am 
Dangerously Sane
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:32 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Nowhere-land
Summerfield is a rare exception in that he has a combat perk without much in the way of combat Abilities. Just pretend his Ability is “1” for the purpose of calculating paralyzing.

Using a reversed modifier for Bizarre Appearance is fine. You arguably should use Transformation to increase this from -2 to -3, but that’s needlessly nitpicky when just writing a note, as you have, works just as well and much more easily.

Glad someone is enjoying the VC/PMS writeups!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:55 pm 
Exalted Amphibian
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 pm
Posts: 518
Location: Somewhere deep in the Continental Mainland
Clay wrote:
Summerfield is a rare exception in that he has a combat perk without much in the way of combat Abilities. Just pretend his Ability is “1” for the purpose of calculating paralyzing.

Probably best to make a notation that there's a minimum duration for both Perks and Flaws, though in this case it'll probably be 1 round.

Oh well, the more you know.

_________________
Image
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:55 am 
Shelled Plebeian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 12
Clay wrote:
Glad someone is enjoying the VC/PMS writeups!


Glad you like them. It's going to be hard to do Lita's demon power of creating a whole sphere of influence like at the "Blazing Man" festival. I don't think even the scale rules would work.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:34 am 
Shelled Plebeian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 12
Here's what I have for Theodore "Theo" Campbell.. I gave him an additional +1 Strong in his transformation to make up for -3 Bizarre Appearance. I don't know if he'd have a berserk attack like Katie does, so I didn't include it. He's supposed to be an alpha, so other werewolves might be weaker than he is, maybe with +4 Transformation. Although he's the one who infected Katie, she still beat him, so I didn't want him to be that much stronger.


Quote:
Image

+1 Charismatic
+2 Knowledge (Farming)
+5 Transformation

    +1 Agile
    +2 Attack
    +2 Heightened Sense (Hearing)
    +2 Heightened Sense (Smell)
    +2 Quick
    +3 Strong
    +1 Tough
    –3 Bizarre Appearance


-3 Obsession (Siring Offspring)
-2 Overconfident
–3 Short-Tempered
–1 Unique Weakness (Unreliable Transformation)

DEFENSE: 2
HEALTH: 40/50
ENDURANCE: 40
TV: 15
ROLL[DX]{END} - Attack

3[6]{0} - “Tooth and Nail” (Affinity: Furry)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:47 am 
Shelled Plebeian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 12
Quote:
Marcy O'Keefe

Image

+5 Connected (US Government)
+3 Famous
+1 Intimidating
+2 Iron-Willed
+3 Knowledge (Bureaucracy)
+3 Knowledge (Cryptids)
+5 Minions
+4 Position of Power
+1 Smart

-1 Bizarre Appearance (Artificial Legs)
-3 Obsession (Capture Cryptids Alive)
–1 Rude
-3 Secret (Reptilian Conspiracy)
-3 Servitude (Reptilian Conspiracy)
–1 Stubborn

DEFENSE: 2
HEALTH: 40
ENDURANCE: 40
TV: 5



Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Moderators: Clay, Jade

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net