Time Freeze

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

S'drolion
Shelled Plebeian

Time Freeze

Post by S'drolion »

Hey, folks.

Not sure if I'm interpreting something correctly here. The ability "Time Freeze" seems to state that in addition to allowing you to gain bonuses in tests of speed/quickness, if you use it as an action, it offsets the multiple action penalty by its level. Is that only in cases of Speed/Quickness contests, or does that mean...any multiple action penalty? I.E. If I have level 4 Time Freeze, can I use Time Freeze and 3 other actions in every round of combat?
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Time Freeze

Post by Sabersonic »

From what I understand it, you can perform that many actions in a single Round/Turn.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Atmo »

Sabersonic wrote:From what I understand it, you can perform that many actions in a single Round/Turn.
Like throwing multiple daggers at your target and/or finishing with a steamroller.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Atmo wrote:
Sabersonic wrote:From what I understand it, you can perform that many actions in a single Round/Turn.
Like throwing multiple daggers at your target and/or finishing with a steamroller.
Aaaaaactually, from the rules on Multiple Actions, you could only do multiple attacks upon multiple targets, not on a single target.

Of course, that's where the Ovewhelming Perk comes in.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
S'drolion
Shelled Plebeian

Post by S'drolion »

Yeah--how we used it was a character using Magic, Arcane to set up different "blessings" on several different targets, or to give himself an ability and then use that ability on the same turn. The multiple action rules prevent doing the same action to the same target more than once a turn, which makes sense--but it sounds like it is legal for him to use Time Freeze 4 + Magic, Arcane to, say, bless one character with extra Strength, another with extra Armor, and another with extra Agility.

(Obviously quite costly endurance-wise if he's doing anything high level with it, but legal.)
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Yes, y’all have it right. It can certainly be quite a powerful Ability, so keep an eye on Players who try to justify +5 in it!