Fillable .PDF Character Sheet? (solved)

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

daikiraikimi
Shelled Plebeian

Fillable .PDF Character Sheet? (solved)

Post by daikiraikimi »

I picked up a copy of OVA the other day, and really like it! However, my game group keeps electronic backups of everything we do (character sheets, notes, etc.) and I haven't been able to find a digital version of the character sheet, let alone a fillable .pdf.

When looking around the forums I found these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12360&hilit=character+sheet
^Fillable .pdf, but I believe for an older release. Also the dropbox link is broken.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12118
^A picture of the character sheet, but it is a plain image file and not very high resolution.

Does anyone know where I can find a fillable .pdf, or a higher resolution version of the character sheet?

On the note of digital records, I was very interested to see that the kickstarter listed a character sheet phone app in the completed stretch goals. I wonder if this app will let us save a copy of the sheet to dropbox or have some other method of copying to my computer?
Last edited by daikiraikimi on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daikiraikimi
Shelled Plebeian

Re: Fillable .PDF Character Sheet?

Post by daikiraikimi »

So, I posted on the OVA Facebook page and got my answer-- there is a downloadable .pdf on the main website, it was just kind of hard to find. (Especially if, like me, you bought the game in person instead of online.)

The .pdf is not fillable, but if I can get to the library and use one of their computers that have Acrobat, I'll try to add fields and upload it here. For anyone else looking for the character sheets, I've highlighted the link on a screenshot of their website here:

Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Atmo »

daikiraikimi
Shelled Plebeian

Post by daikiraikimi »

This is excellent, just what I was looking for. Thanks!
Sprain Ogre
Shelled Plebeian

Re: Fillable .PDF Character Sheet? (solved)

Post by Sprain Ogre »

NECRO THREAD!!!!

So I'm new here, and also looking for a fillable character sheet. Any chance that I could convince you to share that? Or if anyone else has a fillable sheet they'd be willing to share?
“What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?"
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Atmo »

Sprain Ogre wrote:NECRO THREAD!!!!

So I'm new here, and also looking for a fillable character sheet. Any chance that I could convince you to share that? Or if anyone else has a fillable sheet they'd be willing to share?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyehkj0vcx4o0 ... t.pdf?dl=0

New link.
Sprain Ogre
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Sprain Ogre »

Thank you very much! It's greatly appreciated. :mrgreen:
“What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?"
Roswynn d'Cannith
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Roswynn d'Cannith »

Whew! Done. I just subscribed just to thank Atmo for the form fillable char sheet. It was exactly what I was looking for and I'm immensely grateful. Thank you so much dear sir!

Long Live Wise Turtle!
*Truth is, takes many crystals to make something shine*
Roswynn d'Cannith
Worthy Tortoise

So, uhm... sorry for necro'ing this thread again... it seems the form fillable pdf character sheet has a little problem...

You see, uh... it's one of those pdf documents you need to sign. Which means that, AFAIK, unless you sign it you won't be able to save it, and once you sign it you won't be able to modify it any further... or at least that's my impression, gathered while trying to create a character & failing miserably.

Would anyone please help me? Please, please, pretty please?... Either by telling me how to use it correctly if I'm getting it wrong, or by linking another character sheet, form fillable, w/o the need to sign it?

I'm sorry that I'm bothering all of you good ladies & sirs but my undisputable genius is sadly limited to magitech & alchemy & a couple other things & it appears this "modern", "digital" technology really gives me all manners of trouble. I really can't create characters on this sheet, nevermind playing a game... -__-

Yours truly,
Roswynn

P.S.: Yes, of course I could just use a text document like, say, Word, but would you really compare the dynamic elegance of the official OVA char sheet with a simple, unadorned white page? -__-
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Sorry about that. I really need to investigate how to make a proper fill-in sheet and put it on the website, so people stop having to find alternate solutions. I’ll do my best to get to that, but I generally have more to do than I know what to…err…do with.
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Atmo »

What my players are using nowadays is a custom sheet I (?) did at the RRPG Firecast chat program. It works nicely, but it could be better. :lol:
Roswynn d'Cannith
Worthy Tortoise

Clay wrote:Sorry about that. I really need to investigate how to make a proper fill-in sheet and put it on the website, so people stop having to find alternate solutions. I’ll do my best to get to that, but I generally have more to do than I know what to…err…do with.
Well, normal people are often savvy enough to be able to work with this kind of modded sheet... I think I'm one of the very few who aren't :wink: Not the end of the world, you already
  • Designed a great RPG
    Made it even better in its 2nd ed reincarnation
    Published it professionally with even better art than the original
    Created printable character sheets & other play aids
And more, so I won't hold you culpable for my derpiness :P
Atmo wrote:What my players are using nowadays is a custom sheet I (?) did at the RRPG Firecast chat program. It works nicely, but it could be better. :lol:
Lucky you folks, right now my group is too busy with work & family to play anything. That's my sob story :cry:

But this summer I'll have my revenge! :twisted: I hope... :roll:
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Well, avoiding a “derpy” presentation is part of why an official fill-in sheet has been delayed. I like to do everything as top-notch as possible, and I just haven’t had time to properly research options for fill-in sheets that create results I’m happy with. But I’ll do my best to get to it.

Thanks for the kudos. Hopefully you find a group! It seems to be a recurring theme people have trouble finding one. I created a board to organize online play—but so far nothing has come of it.