Project Aces

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

The Reddest Mage
Worthy Tortoise

Re: Project Aces

Post by The Reddest Mage »

Sabersonic wrote:I guess, but basically with those units, one is expected to perform certain duties and obligation to the true owner of the vehicle/mecha. Example being if one were to deploy without information to perform a private duel, one would expect a court marshal for both unauthorized deployment and perusing a personal agenda that would have jeapordized the organization.
If that's the case, then those Weaknesses would be for the pilot that uses the vehicle/mecha rather than for the vehicle/mecha itself.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

It's more like something inherited each time the pilot steps into the cockpit of the machine since it is technically a borrowed vehicle.

Still, I was trying to limit the abilities and weaknesses to those found in the book. I could have instead used a Unique "Conditional Ownership" weakness but both Restricted Freedom and Servitude fit the bill better since they were already established weaknesses.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I think using Restricted Freedom is perfectly fine. It differentiates it from vehicles a character can personally own. Sure the government version is way cool, but it’ll never be yours.

If the name trips you up, renaming it “Restricted Use” or “Conditional Ownership” is fine.

Of course if every vehicle in the campaign has this same restriction, it might be superfluous to include it as part of the vehicle writeup (unless you’re trying to milk points, and come on, we all love to milk points, right?)
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Thanks for the advise Clay, though I think that putting in "Conditional Ownership" and putting an asterisk note or something stating that it's akin to Restricted Freedom would be more efficient.

Then again, creating a Conditional Ownership Weakness would be even better.....
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

I've been meaning to do this for a while but, well procrastination and all that. Anyway after getting some advise for my previous mechanical design thread and the associated brain farts along with it, I've decided to implement some of those design philosophies onto the Ace Combat designs I've presented here. The greatest of these changes was the removal of the Gear System for the aircraft; instead opting for players to add said Aircraft Parts, Special Weapons, and Tactical Datalink just make them an additive cost to the overall vehicle, and implemented the Onboard Crew Ruleset and Elite/Standing Army as Clay suggested for the airships with the usage of "Heavy/Light" in the same vein as "Tough/Frail" and "Vigorous/Languid".

Which reminds me, how would one calculate those values beyond Level 5 since there's a +20 difference in value between Level 4 and Level 5 when in previous levels it's a difference of 10?

Anyway, do these designs feel solid to the rest of the forum? Anything I should consider putting into these mechanical templates for lack of a better word?
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad