It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:06 am


All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:19 am 
Dangerously Sane
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:32 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Nowhere-land
You could toss in a few Accurates or create a new Perk with some minor...err...perk, like “concealable.”

I don’t think it matters much if the numbers aren’t perfect. Taser is never going to be the “cool” weapon of the game. It featuring a bunch of negative points would dissuade heroes from running around with them. ;)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:22 am 
Shelled Plebeian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 am
Posts: 12
Maybe Continued Effect to increase the duration, possibly at -5 since there's no damage. Another way might be use Gear, with higher values for more advanced models.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:21 pm 
Exalted Amphibian
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Woonsocket, RI
Paralyze needs to deal damage to work normally. But taking on accurate +5 or armor piercing +5 would help balance it nicely and make sense. Tasers ignore body armor and are tough to dodge. But since there is no damage the armor piercing wouldn't have any real effect. Hmmm. Maybe drop the ammo flaw x2 (-10)?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:46 pm 
Exalted Amphibian
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Somewhere deep in the Continental Mainland
Well I was inspired by this particular video series from Shadiversity and noticed that this thread had a severe lack of Medieval Back Swords.

Here are the videos for reference:
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.1
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.2
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.3
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.4
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.5

Anywho, here is my take on the Medieval Back Swords. Also popularly known as Falchion/Messer Swords.

Back Sword
Armor Piercing (10); Effective (5). Cancel, Metal Armor (-10);Weapon (-5)
A single-edged, one-handed sword designed with the express purpose to defeat cloth-based armor such as gambeson and leather. It's thin profile, however, make it ill-equipped to counter metal-based armor such as plate and chainmail.

In fact, there's actually a lack of armor in this thread as well. Since I already have the Medieval Back Sword up here, might as well add in the Gambeson/Aketon Armor.

Quote:
Gambeson/Aketon Armor

A cloth-based armor, generally worn underneath Chainmail for blunt-force trauma protection but can be worn on its own typically by those who are unable to afford such armor. Comprised of layers upon layers of linen and wool padded in between, Gambeson/Aketon were designed primarily to protect the wearer from blunt-damage weaponry and even from otherwise penetrating and cutting weaponry such as swords and arrows depending upon the thickness of the armor and the maintenance of said weapons to keep such a sharp edge.

(2 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Armored (Affinity, Cloth)
  • +2 - Resistance (Arrows)
  • +2 - Resistance (Blunt Attacks)
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Melee Slash Attacks)


While I'm at it, might as well add in chainmail.

Quote:
Chainmail Armor

A metal-based armor constructed of interwoven links of riveted metal rings, Chainmail was designed to defeat slashing and cutting melee weapons such as swords and axes at the expense of blunt-force and penetrating damage such as arrows and spears. The expense and labor of such armor limited the purchase only to the more affluent and wealthy of men-at-arms and nobility such as knights.

(2 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +5 - Armored (Affinity, Metal)
  • +4 - Resistance (Melee Cut/Slash Attacks)
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Vulnerability (Penetrating Arrow Attacks)
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Blunt Attacks)
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Thrusting Melee Attacks)

_________________
Image
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:20 pm 
Exalted Amphibian

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:40 pm
Posts: 216
Sabersonic wrote:
Well I was inspired by this particular video series from Shadiversity and noticed that this thread had a severe lack of Medieval Back Swords.

Here are the videos for reference:
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.1
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.2
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.3
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.4
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.5

Anywho, here is my take on the Medieval Back Swords. Also popularly known as Falchion/Messer Swords.

Back Sword
Armor Piercing (10); Effective (5). Cancel, Metal Armor (-10);Weapon (-5)
A single-edged, one-handed sword designed with the express purpose to defeat cloth-based armor such as gambeson and leather. It's thin profile, however, make it ill-equipped to counter metal-based armor such as plate and chainmail.

In fact, there's actually a lack of armor in this thread as well. Since I already have the Medieval Back Sword up here, might as well add in the Gambeson/Aketon Armor.

Quote:
Gambeson/Aketon Armor

A cloth-based armor, generally worn underneath Chainmail for blunt-force trauma protection but can be worn on its own typically by those who are unable to afford such armor. Comprised of layers upon layers of linen and wool padded in between, Gambeson/Aketon were designed primarily to protect the wearer from blunt-damage weaponry and even from otherwise penetrating and cutting weaponry such as swords and arrows depending upon the thickness of the armor and the maintenance of said weapons to keep such a sharp edge.

(2 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Armored (Affinity, Cloth)
  • +2 - Resistance (Arrows)
  • +2 - Resistance (Blunt Attacks)
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Melee Slash Attacks)


While I'm at it, might as well add in chainmail.

Quote:
Chainmail Armor

A metal-based armor constructed of interwoven links of riveted metal rings, Chainmail was designed to defeat slashing and cutting melee weapons such as swords and axes at the expense of blunt-force and penetrating damage such as arrows and spears. The expense and labor of such armor limited the purchase only to the more affluent and wealthy of men-at-arms and nobility such as knights.

(2 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +5 - Armored (Affinity, Metal)
  • +4 - Resistance (Melee Cut/Slash Attacks)
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Vulnerability (Penetrating Arrow Attacks)
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Blunt Attacks)
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Thrusting Melee Attacks)


Very cool here! I would love to see anymore armors that you feel like making :)

_________________
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:37 pm 
Exalted Amphibian
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Somewhere deep in the Continental Mainland
Well these are pretty generic armor types, with plenty of room for customization to reflect the unique gear said adventurer would have.

Probably would also have to look up the pros and cons of both Plate and Leather armor to round it out.

_________________
Image
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:49 am 
Exalted Amphibian

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:40 pm
Posts: 216
(Wrong thread don't know how to delete post so leaving this lol)

_________________
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon


Last edited by Blobathehutt on Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:00 am 
Exalted Amphibian
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Somewhere deep in the Continental Mainland
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the thread's for medieval era weaponry, not contemporary.

_________________
Image
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:36 am 
Exalted Amphibian

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:40 pm
Posts: 216
Sabersonic wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the thread's for medieval era weaponry, not contemporary.

Opps my bad. I just thought it would be better to post it here instead of on a new thread, I will move the stuff now.

_________________
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:19 am 
Exalted Amphibian
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Somewhere deep in the Continental Mainland
Okay, after replaying the Shadiversity video on Plate Armor several times after nodding off in the middle of it, here's my OVA2e interpretation of Plate Armor.

Quote:
Plate Armor

A metal-based armor primary composed of plates of iron or steel, Plate Armor was designed to defeat nearly all direct forms of slashing, cutting, and thrusting attacks such as swords but at the expense of blunt-force attacks and weapons design to slip through the gaps of the armor plates if not the exposed joints. Additionally, the mass of the armor does make extended physical exertion even greater than without and the enclosed nature of the helm make it difficult to breath during such physical tasks. The expense and labor of such armor limited the purchase only to the more affluent and wealthy of men-at-arms and nobility such as knights.

(6 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +6 - Armored (Affinity, Metal)
  • +4 - Resistance (Melee Cut/Slash Attacks)
  • +2 - Resistance (Melee Thrust Attacks)
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Languid
  • -1 - Vulnerability (Blunt Attacks)
  • -3 - Vulnerability (Armor Gaps, Exposed Joints)

Not really sure how to simulate the whole "hard breathing" portion for the helm, but after thinking it over the double EP expenditure fits just as well.

_________________
Image
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad


Last edited by Sabersonic on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:22 pm 
Exalted Amphibian

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:40 pm
Posts: 216
Let me just say I love shads videos :)
[/quote]
Not really sure how to simulate the whole "hard breathing" portion for the helm, but after thinking it over the double EP expenditure fits just as well.[/quote]

Anyway What if you just used Languid or some resigned version of it that does the same thing. I overall like it but think the whole "double EP expenditure" is a little much.

_________________
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:53 pm 
Exalted Amphibian
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 pm
Posts: 512
Location: Somewhere deep in the Continental Mainland
Blobathehutt wrote:
Anyway What if you just used Languid or some resigned version of it that does the same thing. I overall like it but think the whole "double EP expenditure" is a little much.

Come to think of it, Languid does seem like the more appropriate Weakness considering what I had planned for it. That's what you get for over thinking things...

_________________
Image
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Moderators: Clay, Jade Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net