Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Sniffycrab's Bizarre Bazaar

Post by Clay »

You could toss in a few Accurates or create a new Perk with some minor...err...perk, like “concealable.”

I don’t think it matters much if the numbers aren’t perfect. Taser is never going to be the “cool” weapon of the game. It featuring a bunch of negative points would dissuade heroes from running around with them. ;)
tau neutrino
Shelled Plebeian

Post by tau neutrino »

Maybe Continued Effect to increase the duration, possibly at -5 since there's no damage. Another way might be use Gear, with higher values for more advanced models.
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

Paralyze needs to deal damage to work normally. But taking on accurate +5 or armor piercing +5 would help balance it nicely and make sense. Tasers ignore body armor and are tough to dodge. But since there is no damage the armor piercing wouldn't have any real effect. Hmmm. Maybe drop the ammo flaw x2 (-10)?
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Well I was inspired by this particular video series from Shadiversity and noticed that this thread had a severe lack of Medieval Back Swords.

Here are the videos for reference:
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.1
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.2
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.3
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.4
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.5

Anywho, here is my take on the Medieval Back Swords. Also popularly known as Falchion/Messer Swords.

Back Sword
Armor Piercing (10); Effective (5). Cancel, Metal Armor (-10);Weapon (-5)
A single-edged, one-handed sword designed with the express purpose to defeat cloth-based armor such as gambeson and leather. It's thin profile, however, make it ill-equipped to counter metal-based armor such as plate and chainmail.

In fact, there's actually a lack of armor in this thread as well. Since I already have the Medieval Back Sword up here, might as well add in the Gambeson/Aketon Armor.
Gambeson/Aketon Armor

A cloth-based armor, generally worn underneath Chainmail for blunt-force trauma protection but can be worn on its own typically by those who are unable to afford such armor. Comprised of layers upon layers of linen and wool padded in between, Gambeson/Aketon were designed primarily to protect the wearer from blunt-damage weaponry and even from otherwise penetrating and cutting weaponry such as swords and arrows depending upon the thickness of the armor and the maintenance of said weapons to keep such a sharp edge.

(2 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Armored (Affinity, Cloth)
  • +2 - Resistance (Arrows)
  • +2 - Resistance (Blunt Attacks)
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Melee Slash Attacks)
While I'm at it, might as well add in chainmail.
Chainmail Armor

A metal-based armor constructed of interwoven links of riveted metal rings, Chainmail was designed to defeat slashing and cutting melee weapons such as swords and axes at the expense of blunt-force and penetrating damage such as arrows and spears. The expense and labor of such armor limited the purchase only to the more affluent and wealthy of men-at-arms and nobility such as knights.

(2 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +5 - Armored (Affinity, Metal)
  • +4 - Resistance (Melee Cut/Slash Attacks)
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Vulnerability (Penetrating Arrow Attacks)
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Blunt Attacks)
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Thrusting Melee Attacks)
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Blobathehutt »

Sabersonic wrote:Well I was inspired by this particular video series from Shadiversity and noticed that this thread had a severe lack of Medieval Back Swords.

Here are the videos for reference:
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.1
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.2
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.3
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.4
The Truth about Falchion and Messer Pt.5

Anywho, here is my take on the Medieval Back Swords. Also popularly known as Falchion/Messer Swords.

Back Sword
Armor Piercing (10); Effective (5). Cancel, Metal Armor (-10);Weapon (-5)
A single-edged, one-handed sword designed with the express purpose to defeat cloth-based armor such as gambeson and leather. It's thin profile, however, make it ill-equipped to counter metal-based armor such as plate and chainmail.

In fact, there's actually a lack of armor in this thread as well. Since I already have the Medieval Back Sword up here, might as well add in the Gambeson/Aketon Armor.
Gambeson/Aketon Armor

A cloth-based armor, generally worn underneath Chainmail for blunt-force trauma protection but can be worn on its own typically by those who are unable to afford such armor. Comprised of layers upon layers of linen and wool padded in between, Gambeson/Aketon were designed primarily to protect the wearer from blunt-damage weaponry and even from otherwise penetrating and cutting weaponry such as swords and arrows depending upon the thickness of the armor and the maintenance of said weapons to keep such a sharp edge.

(2 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Armored (Affinity, Cloth)
  • +2 - Resistance (Arrows)
  • +2 - Resistance (Blunt Attacks)
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Melee Slash Attacks)
While I'm at it, might as well add in chainmail.
Chainmail Armor

A metal-based armor constructed of interwoven links of riveted metal rings, Chainmail was designed to defeat slashing and cutting melee weapons such as swords and axes at the expense of blunt-force and penetrating damage such as arrows and spears. The expense and labor of such armor limited the purchase only to the more affluent and wealthy of men-at-arms and nobility such as knights.

(2 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +5 - Armored (Affinity, Metal)
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Vulnerability (Penetrating Arrow Attacks)
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Blunt Attacks)
  • -2 - Vulnerability (Thrusting Melee Attacks)
Very cool here! I would love to see anymore armors that you feel like making :)
You are who you chose to be.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

If you like RPGmaker games please come check mine out ;)
Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/mists-of-epsilon
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Well these are pretty generic armor types, with plenty of room for customization to reflect the unique gear said adventurer would have.

Probably would also have to look up the pros and cons of both Plate and Leather armor to round it out.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Blobathehutt »

(Wrong thread don't know how to delete post so leaving this lol)
Last edited by Blobathehutt on Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you like D&D please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dungeonmasterbloba

Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the thread's for medieval era weaponry, not contemporary.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Blobathehutt »

Sabersonic wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the thread's for medieval era weaponry, not contemporary.
Opps my bad. I just thought it would be better to post it here instead of on a new thread, I will move the stuff now.

Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Okay, after replaying the Shadiversity video on Plate Armor several times after nodding off in the middle of it, here's my OVA2e interpretation of Plate Armor.
Plate Armor

A metal-based armor primary composed of plates of iron or steel, Plate Armor was designed to defeat nearly all direct forms of slashing, cutting, and thrusting attacks such as swords but at the expense of blunt-force attacks and weapons design to slip through the gaps of the armor plates if not the exposed joints. Additionally, the mass of the armor does make extended physical exertion even greater than without and the enclosed nature of the helm make it difficult to breath during such physical tasks. The expense and labor of such armor limited the purchase only to the more affluent and wealthy of men-at-arms and nobility such as knights.

(6 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +6 - Armored (Affinity, Metal)
  • +2 - Resistance (Melee Thrust Attacks)
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Languid
  • -1 - Vulnerability (Blunt Attacks)
  • -3 - Vulnerability (Armor Gaps, Exposed Joints)
Not really sure how to simulate the whole "hard breathing" portion for the helm, but after thinking it over the double EP expenditure fits just as well.
Last edited by Sabersonic on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Blobathehutt
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Blobathehutt »

Let me just say I love shads videos :)
[/quote]
Not really sure how to simulate the whole "hard breathing" portion for the helm, but after thinking it over the double EP expenditure fits just as well.[/quote]

Anyway What if you just used Languid or some resigned version of it that does the same thing. I overall like it but think the whole "double EP expenditure" is a little much.

Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Blobathehutt wrote:Anyway What if you just used Languid or some resigned version of it that does the same thing. I overall like it but think the whole "double EP expenditure" is a little much.
Come to think of it, Languid does seem like the more appropriate Weakness considering what I had planned for it. That's what you get for over thinking things...
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

Sabersonic wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the thread's for medieval era weaponry, not contemporary.
The Bizarre Bazaar accepts all weapon and armor ideas. Mainly because I don't want to make a new thread. I know I stated differently earlier in the thread, but the policy has changed.
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

Space Suit
Gear +3
Life Support +3
Flight +1 (Jump Jets)
Clumsy -1

Helm of the Command
Gear +3
Minions +3
Iron Will +1
Arrogant -1

I picture this on a boss type character like a Goblin leader and He would have goblin minions. Minion type is up to GM discretion if players take the helm as loot and use it.

Shape Change Potion
Gear +2
Shape Change +5
Limited use -3
This is a one time use potion to Shape shift into anything. The character reverts to normal at will or in x amount days they have vigor dice. More of a loot item you find, use, and forget.

Travel Mug of Coffee
Gear +1
Endurance Reserve +1
Used by many people in all walks of life.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Well, since Clay put his own verdict on how to do shields in OVA2e, might as well add in my interpretation of them and see how far off I am.
Buckler

(1 Gear)
Shield Boss Bash
Effective (+5). Low Penetration (+5)
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Unique "Melee Defense" (Bonus to Defense Rolls)
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Ineptitude "Ranged Defense"
Aspis

(6 Gear)
Shield Bash
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Armored
  • +4 - Unique "Melee Defense" (Bonus to Defense Rolls)
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Awkward Size
Scutum

(6 Gear)
Shield Bash
Level - Ability
  • +4 - Armored
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Awkward Size
  • -1 - Slow
Skjald

(8 Gear)
Shield Bash
Level - Ability
  • +4 - Armored
"Kite" Shield

(6 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Armored
"Heater" Shield

(4 Gear)
Shield Bash
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Armored
  • +2 - Unique "Melee Defense" (Bonus to Defense Rolls)
Pavise Shield

(4 Gear)
Level - Ability
  • +10 - Armored
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Awkward Size
  • -4 - Ineptitude "Melee Defense"
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad