Extraspecies Exchange Program (Pictures Potentially NSFW)

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Extraspecies Exchange Program (Pictures Potentially NSFW

Post by Sabersonic »

sniffycrab wrote:I'm not sure how to qualify Inept Ranged Defense. Inept is a knowledge or skill the character sucks at but thinks they are good at. In my opinion you should drop Ineptitude Ranged Defemce and Knowledge (Balance) as Balance is already covered by her agile stat.
Huh? Funny, when I read my copy of the PDF, it didn't say something like that. It just said
"No matter how hard you
try or how much you practice, you are just
really bad at a certain skill or craft."
Doesn't really say anything about the character thinking that they're good when they're not, just that when that particular skill or craft is involved, it's a penalty to any dice roll equal to that Weakness' Level.

Though I guess you do have a point on the whole Knowledge (Balance) thing when Agile is already there.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Well, after giving it some thought, I figured that Awkward Size would be adequate enough to fill in the role of "Ineptitude (Ranged Combat)" when said situation arises.

Moving on, let's put up the next batch of templates.
Orc (1 Point)
The Orc is one of numerous psuedo-humanoid species that were publicly revealed three years ago with the adoption of the Extraspecies Exchange Program sponsored by the UN. Effectively anthropomorphic poricines, these non-human beings have numerous physical traits of Suidae animals such as a thick hide, tusks, and an excellent sense of smell which allows them to sense any odor whose source is a kilometer away. Though curiously, when a Half-Orc is produced many of these poricine features are nearly subdued if not removed which includes the loss of the excellent scent of smell and the Tusks become Fangs, generally becoming weaker to their pure blooded Orc parent.

Like many pseudo-humanoid species, Orcs become more instinctually driven and have no inhibitions whatsoever during the night of a full moon.

HEALTH: 50
ENDURANCE: 50
TV: 9 (14 Scaled)
DX[END] - Attack
  • -[-] -
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Armored*
  • +2 - Heightened Senses (Smell)
  • +1 - Intimidating
  • +1 - Iron-Willed
  • +1 - Perceptive
  • +1 - Quick*
  • +1 - Strong*
  • +1 - Tough
  • +1 - Vigorous
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Awkward Size
  • -3 - Bizarre Appearance “Poricine Features”
  • -1 - Dense
  • -1 - Lecherous
  • -2 - Unique “Loose Self-Control during Full Moon”
  • -1 - Vulnerability (High Temperatures)
* Indicates that Character Ability/ies are of higher value than human norm, thus applicable for Scaled Advantage
Sorry about the size of the image. Didn't see an option in shrinking it down outside of resizing it in photoshop, saving the photo and putting it on some image sharing website.

EDIT 07-10-2015: Imagery Replaced with Official Images from Anime
Living Dead (5 Points)
The so-called “Living Dead” is one of numerous humanoid species that were publicly revealed three years ago with the adoption of the Extraspecies Exchange Program sponsored by the UN. Though outwardly human, closer inspection reveals that the Living Dead have stitches all over their body from past injuries which is most evident in Living Dead individuals who regularly see combat or other occupation where bodily harm is frequent. Though they are able to heal from small wounds, they require surgical needle and thread to repair more severe damage and even require the presence of a third party to tie them back together since they are unable to do so on their own. Also, despite popular opinion, the Living Dead do not seek the flesh of the living though certain members of the species have been able to take advantage of this fact.

HEALTH: 40
ENDURANCE: 70
TV: 10 (15 Scaled)
DX[END] - Attack
  • -[-] -
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Agile*
  • +1 - Dexterous
  • +1 - Intimidating
  • +4 - Iron-Willed
  • +5 - Life Support
  • +1 - Strong*
  • +2 - Tough
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Bizarre Appearance (Stitches, Patches of Different colored Skin)
  • -2 - Impaired Sense (Touch)
  • -2 - Ineptitude (Sense Pain)
  • -1 - Overconfident
  • -3 - Vulnerability “Head Shots”
* Indicates that Character Ability/ies are of higher value than human norm, thus applicable for Scaled Advantage
Not exactly as though as I would have liked it under the Base Zero rules, but I think I got the "Unstoppable" characteristics of this particular breed of Zombie.
Monoeye(1 Point)
The Monoeye is one of numerous humanoid species that were publically revealed three years ago with the adoption of the Extraspecies Exchange Program sponsored by the UN. Though seemingly human at first glance, it is the revelation of their namesake eye that mark them as inhuman. Their massive eye allows them superior far-sight vision with surprising detail even at two kilometers but have poor perception. Additionally, their massive eye dries quickly compared to the average eye and foreign objects can easily fly into it. The Cyclops are also known for their superhuman speed and endurance.

ENDURANCE: 70
DX[END] - Attack
  • -[-] -
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Heightened Senses (Sight)
  • +2 - Perceptive
  • +2 - Quick*
  • +3 - Vigorous
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Bizarre Appearance “Large, Singular Eye”
  • -1 - Clumsy “Poor Depth Perception”
  • -1 - Dependency “Eye Medication”
  • -2 - Impaired Sense “Depth Perception, Far Sighted” (Sight)
  • -1 - Sensitivity “Large, Singular Eye”
  • -2 - Vulnerability “Sensitive Eye”
And those should hold for now. So then, any suggestions, corrections, or issues or are all three sound under OVA2e? Did I miss anything?
Last edited by Sabersonic on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Well it's not really an update, but while I wait for the replies, I figured that I might as well put this up to make it all official and all that.

Monster Musume PV (HIGH NSFW POTENTIAL)
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

That is awesome! They made it into an anime! I wish I could understand Japanese now.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

sniffycrab wrote:That is awesome! They made it into an anime! I wish I could understand Japanese now.
Chances are that we'll be able to get it on some legal stream like Crunchyroll.

Granted, I haven't heard of such acquisition, but you never know.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Guess there are no issues with the templates I put up.

Anyway, time enough to put up some new templates as celebration for the upcoming anime.
Shapechanger (5 Points)
Image Here (WARNING: Potentially NSFW)
The Shapechanger is one of numerous non-humanoid species that were publically revealed three years ago with the adoption of the Extraspecies Exchange Program sponsored by the UN. Though often confused to be, and they often claim to be, doppelgangers however they are largely different from them from the fact that the individual they are trying to intimidate are not killed in the process or even if they encounter each other. They are quite capable of transforming themselves into any humanoid shape, though their true form is officially classified as eldritch with the only constant being their gender.

ENDURANCE: 40
TV: 7 (12 Scaled)
DX[END] - Attack
  • -[-] -
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Agile*
  • +1 - Knowledge “Disguise”
  • +1 - Knowledge “Acting”
  • +2 - Many-Handed “Prehensile Hair”
  • +4 - Shape-Shifter
  • +1 - Quick*
Level - Weakness
  • -3 - Bizarre Appearance “Eldritch Appearance”
  • -1 - Impulsive
  • -1 - Rude
EDIT 07-10-2015: NSFW Imagery Replaced with Official Images from Anime.
Ogre (3 Points)
The Ogre is one of numerous humanoid species that were publicly revealed three years ago with the adoption of the Extraspecies Exchange Program sponsored by the UN. Ogres are noteworthy for their large size that allows them to tower over even Orcs, temperament, and their singular horn on their heads that is very sensitive to attacks; however they are also known to have a supernatural ability to produce a “blast of energy” at their foes though this is rarely utilized as they prefer to use their massive size and strength to overcome their enemies.

HEALTH: 60
ENDURANCE: 40
DX[END] - Attack
  • 2[0] - “Horn” (Armor Piercing. Inaccurate x3)
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Armored*
  • +1 - Attack “Ogre Combat”
  • +1 - Intimidating
  • +1 - Quick*
  • +3 - Strong*
  • +2 - Tough
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Awkward Size
  • -1 - Bizarre Appearance “Horn on Head, Pointed Ears”
  • -1 - Sensitivity “Size”
  • -2 - Vulnerability “Attacks on Horn”
Kobold (2 Points)
The Kobold is one of numerous humanoid species that were publicly revealed three years ago with the adoption of the Extraspecies Exchange Program sponsored by the UN. As a Canidae-like species, the have excellent sense of smell and hearing, though their large hands make fine manipulation of objects on the human scale a challenge at best.

ENDURANCE: 60
DX[END] - Attack
  • 1[0] - "Claws"
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Agile*
  • +2 - Heightened Sense (Hearing)
  • +2 - Heightened Sense (Smell)
  • +1 - Quick*
  • +2 - Vigorous
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Bizzare Appearance “Muzzle instead of a Nose, Fur on Body, Ears and Tail”
  • -2 - Impaired Sense “Taste”
  • -2 - Ineptitude “Manual Dexterity”
And a little surprise this time.
Minotaur (4 Points)
The Minotaur is one of numerous pseudo-humanoid species that were publicly revealed three years ago with the adoption of the Extraspecies Exchange Program sponsored by the UN. Though despite contrary depictions, the Minotaur are not just beings with bovine heads upon a humanoid body or even a humanoid bovine. Rather the only things that one could argue is completely bovine in appearance are the lower torso, legs and tail. The heads of the Minotaurs are largely humanoid with the exemption of the horns and pointed ears. Still, the Minotaurs are formidable fighters thanks to their enhanced strength and speed in addition to their resilience and durability that make them excellent warriors even though they are quite capable of more mundane occupations.

HEALTH: 50
ENDURANCE: 50
DX[END] - Attack
  • 3[0] - “Horns” (Armor Piercing; Effective. Inaccurate x2)
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Armored* “Thick Hide”
  • +1 - Attack
  • +1 - Jumping*
  • +1 - Quick*
  • +2 - Strong*
  • +1 - Tough
  • +1 - Vigorous
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Bizarre Appearance “Horns, Bovine ears, legs and tail”
    -2 - Impaired Sense “Taste”
And that oughta do it for now, really hoping that Minotaur image isn't too risque now that I took a look at it.... As for the whole Impaired Taste thing, well, the original Minotaur was a man eater so it seemed appropriate enough.

Speaking of which, wouldn't it be more prudent to call them Anthrotaurs?

Anyway, any issues with the monsterfolk templates?
Last edited by Sabersonic on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

The templates are pretty elaborate. Not sure people will have points to make each character an individual. Other then that, no real comments.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

sniffycrab wrote:The templates are pretty elaborate. Not sure people will have points to make each character an individual. Other then that, no real comments.
Well they are basically constructed both upon the Base Zero and Combined Effectiveness(I hope...) Character Creation Rules. With the former case, it's basically the bare minimum, with the GM having final say on the value ceiling as appropriate.

Not to mention that players could pick weaknesses to build on skills, abilities, and whatnots to make them stand out just that much from the average. Not to mention that, unless corrected otherwise, this is for starting out characters rather than PCs that have developed and gained experiences throughout the campaign.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I haven’t actually read Monster Musume, but I know the basic gist, and everything looks good so far! While OVA itself doesn’t make use of templates, I think they’re a great way to kick-start character creation, especially if you have new players overwhelmed by the sheer number of options OVA offers. As for the NSFW, I don’t think I saw anything too offensive, but I appreciate the courtesy with all the warnings and hiding them behind links. As long as there’s no straight up nudity, I think you’d be safe to have the warning in the subject line and first post in the future, though.

If you want to simplify Players customizing these templates, you may have an easier time just creating separate lists, one being the template and the other being the new Abilities and Weaknesses unique to the character being written up.

Something else to consider: If everyone has an Ability, effectively no one has an Ability. I can’t say with any veracity what is appropriate for Monster Musume, but I noticed almost every template features Strong +1, which pretty much negates the purpose of having Strong +1. You’re already scaling the Ability (so that any Monster is +5 against any non-monster), so I think Strong is in essence implied across the board. But if your intent is actually “This template is +1 stronger than most other monsters) then you’re fine as is.

I thought about including “Fusion” rules in the game, but in the end I decided the mechanics of it are just too different for various examples of the idea. A mecha fusion implies different things than a Dragon Ball Z style fusion, which is in turn different than your two-parted Dullahan.

Your Dullahan has SO many Abilities in combined form, it may be easier to give it an “Accidental Transformation” instead for when it’s separated, then create two separate character sheets, but divide the combined Health/Endurance between them (with more going to the fortified body than the weaker head. In general, a Transformation should be the form it is in less often.

Anyway, I’m sure Monster Musume fans will be really happy to have all the work done for them! Good job!
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

First off, thanks for replying to this thread Clay. I really appreciate any creative input that would, ultimately, help me gain more experience with the construction process of OVA2e.

Gameplay experience on the other hand..... well.... I'm still working on that one.
Clay wrote:While OVA itself doesn’t make use of templates, I think they’re a great way to kick-start character creation, especially if you have new players overwhelmed by the sheer number of options OVA offers.
Templates were a useful process in the last tabletop engine that I had construction process experience in, so I figured that I would use transplant that knowledge to OVA2e to both increase my knowledge of OVA2e's character creation process as well as help anyone who has similar ideas for characters but have no idea where to begin.
Clay wrote:If you want to simplify Players customizing these templates, you may have an easier time just creating separate lists, one being the template and the other being the new Abilities and Weaknesses unique to the character being written up.
If by that you mean make separate posts for each template profile and associated customized Abilities and Defects for easier referencing, then I'll probably do that in the future. I wasn't sure what the forum's policy was on double posting and anti-spamming protocols that would potentially delete a post I worked on the moment I hit the "Submit" button so I played it safe.
Clay wrote:Something else to consider: If everyone has an Ability, effectively no one has an Ability. I can’t say with any veracity what is appropriate for Monster Musume, but I noticed almost every template features Strong +1, which pretty much negates the purpose of having Strong +1. You’re already scaling the Ability (so that any Monster is +5 against any non-monster), so I think Strong is in essence implied across the board. But if your intent is actually “This template is +1 stronger than most other monsters) then you’re fine as is.
That's basically the intend. Wasn't really sure how to note how a monster character has the Scale Advantage in the strength department but considered weak to the other monsters, though in retrospect, putting the Strong Ability Level at +0 probably would have suffice....

Oh well, live and learn I guess.
Clay wrote:I thought about including “Fusion” rules in the game, but in the end I decided the mechanics of it are just too different for various examples of the idea. A mecha fusion implies different things than a Dragon Ball Z style fusion, which is in turn different than your two-parted Dullahan.

Your Dullahan has SO many Abilities in combined form, it may be easier to give it an “Accidental Transformation” instead for when it’s separated, then create two separate character sheets, but divide the combined Health/Endurance between them (with more going to the fortified body than the weaker head. In general, a Transformation should be the form it is in less often.
Fusion..... interesting Ability concept idea. Certainly something I'll have to work out the Ability Mechanics for Vehicles and similar concepts. Probably something like Vehicle Fusion for mecha and Group Fusion for living beings with the latter having a high DN for dice checks to ensure that it goes as planned rather then something going wrong. But I'm getting off track.

The initial reason why I published the Dullahan Template is largely because I needed some second opinion on how one would replicate the Gestalt/Combiner Robots seen in many media. Again, I only had a previous tabletop engine to transplant my ideas onto OVA2e. Considering the basic nature of the Dullahan, and especially how I wrote it, I went that route. Especially when said Dullahan is fully capable of controlling said body when in near proximity.

Though if Accidental Transformation satisfies this as well, and more efficiently, then I'll go that route instead for the Dullahan. Just means that I gotta put in notes in the Accidental Transformation Defect along the lines of the Head having no body and the Body being a Blind, Deaf/Mute. Though now that I think of it, might also be prudent to replace Psychic with the Unique Ability of having a removable head.
Clay wrote:Anyway, I’m sure Monster Musume fans will be really happy to have all the work done for them! Good job!
Once again, thanks for the critical overview.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Anyway, Dullahan's altered to make use of the Accidental Transformation.

Speaking of which, would it be wise to do the same thing for the Slime? I'm open to suggestions on that front as well.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Well, I did the same Accidental Transformation weakness for the Slime and it brought it down to 10 Points. Still above the minimum for Base Zero, but at least it's not so intimidating.

Though now that I think of it, with Scaled Advantage in mind, would it make sense to note that a particular character has said Scaled Advantage, but isn't that high?

For example, the following:
Level - Ability
  • +0 - Strong*
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Weak
Which basically says that though a character would have the Scaled Advantage, when it comes to physical strength they only have about three levels in Strong as opposed to the full five with Scaled Advantage. If it's okay, since I don't recall this being an issue in the PDF, then that might help with lowering the Slime Template's total costs as well as add in some variety in the whole Scaled Advantage category, a bit of dice check diversification as it were.

So then, opinion on the matter at hand?
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Well I took a re-read of the Scaled Advantage section of the PDF and it basically answered my question. Long story short, I just put the Asterisk on the Weakness rather then the Ability.

So said Slime Template has been edited to reflect that. Still a bit high with 8 Points, but it's a start. Kobold Template is also edited to reflect the canon fact that so far there are only two known Monster Races that are able to change their appearance, the Shape-Changer and the Kitsune. Though due to the larger than normal hands (paws?), they should have at least a degree in the Ineptitude of Manual Dexterity with the ultimate template cost of 2 Points. More than enough for some character customizations.

Other then that, any other suggestions for the templates presented thus far or are they good?
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

I'm gonna assume that the templates seen on this topic have past mustard and that there are no other suggestions for them, especially the Slime Template.

However, this reply is less of an update or publishing of a new template, but rather a notification for new Monster Musume PVs

Monster Musume Centorea PV (MODERATE NSFW POTENTIAL)
Monster Musume Suu PV (HIGH NSFW POTENTIAL)

EDIT: I just found the Mia and Papi PVs...
Monster Musume Mia PV (HIGH NSFW POTENTIAL)
Monster Musume Papi PV (MOderate NSFW POTENTIAL)
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Alright, I got a serious update for the character templates. The first two, well, I could have sworn that I already posted them.....
Lizardfolk (-3 Points)
The Lizardfolk is one of numerous humanoid species that were publicly revealed three years ago with the adoption of the Extraspecies Exchange Program sponsored by the UN. As a reptilian-like humanoid species, Lizardmen possess various physical attributes of reptiles including scales that require periodic shedding of said skin and are poikilotherm or in laymen’s terms “cold-blooded” and thus are highly vulnerable to cold temperatures.

ENDURANCE: 30
TV: 8 (13 Scaled)
DX[END] - Attack
  • 1[0] - “Claws” (Armor Piercing. Ineffective)
  • 1[0] - “Fangs” (Defensive. Ineffective; Low Penetration)
  • 2[0] - “Tail Swipe” (Accurate; Impairing; Reach; Stunning. Activation; Low Penetration x2)
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Agile*
  • +1 - Armored* “Scales”
  • +1 - Attack
  • +1 - Many-Handed “Lizard Tail”
  • +1 - Perceptive “Night Vision”
  • +1 - Quick*
  • +2 - Resistance “Overheating”
  • +1 - Strong*
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Bizarre Appearance “Reptilian Features” (Snake-like Body, tail, hands and Slitted Pupils)
  • -2 - Compulsion “Seek Ambient Heat”
  • -2 - Impaired Sense “Taste”
  • -1 - Languid “Poikilotherm”
  • -1 - Prerequisite “Ambient Heat”
  • -2 - Unique “Erogenous Zone” (Tail Tip, Moderate Effect)
  • -2 - Unique “Loose Self-Control during Full Moon”
  • -1 - Vulnerability “Cold”
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad