Question about Tough

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Zealot Vedas
Worthy Tortoise

Question about Tough

Post by Zealot Vedas »

The rules state that "You can also add your Tough Dice when forced to shrug off pain, or otherwise exhibit your resilience and durability."

Does this mean you can add your Tough dice to defense rolls against physical attacks?
Does driving a tank count as a martial art? Does being a tank count as a martial art?
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Question about Tough

Post by Atmo »

I think you can against torture, not sure about Defense.
Lord Specineff13
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Lord Specineff13 »

Tough gives a bonus to health. In that regard, it already demonstrates a character's exceptional resilience and durability in combat, so I don't think it also adds to defense rolls.
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

We've not used it for defense rolls. We've used for 'pain tolerance' (Aurunox has a tendency of being thrown around a lot) but he's already got the bonus to Health, don't think it needs to add to anything else.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
Zealot Vedas
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Zealot Vedas »

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.
Does driving a tank count as a martial art? Does being a tank count as a martial art?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

All the replies here are correct. You would not add Tough to your Defense Roll. You might, however, roll your Tough dice to resist revealing information through torture, to impress a fine lady by not revealing HOW HEAVY her luggage is, or to otherwise not succumb to events that may put lesser characters to tears.

As a general rule, no Ability should add to more than of the following: Attack Rolls, Defense Rolls, Health, Endurance, Damage Multiplier.