telekinises Range

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Trailblazer57
Worthy Tortoise

telekinises Range

Post by Trailblazer57 »

i just want to know what is the accepted range.
how far someone can target a thin for telekinesis.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: telekinises Range

Post by Clay »

There's not a hard and fast rule for this, so I'd say do what seems right. If you consider Telekinesis "Ranged" as defined by the book, a character you can see is a character that you can attack. If you want Telekinesis to behave more like a re-skinned strong, you will need Ranged, Strength-Powered (or Telekinesis-Powered) to achieve the same thing.
Trailblazer57
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Trailblazer57 »

i see. and it just clicked. im trying to make sure my telekinitcist cant disarm npcs easily but that's technically a special attack type. and i think i can put a penalty on a ranged disarm whether he can see them or not?

i just dont want telekins to disarm any opponent "becuse he can see their weapon."
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

It shouldn’t be automatic, I wouldn’t think, regardless of what your opinions on range and visibility would be. The easiest way to handle it is by making it an Attack with the Disarming Perk (and maybe the No Damage Flaw if the intent is to disarm alone.) There are concrete rules for handling this, so there’s little to wonder about.

But you could also make opposed rolls (Telekinesis vs the opponent’s Strong, perhaps). It just depends on how you and your Players want it to be handled.

All that said, if we’re talking about some Extra-level goons, just waving a hand and saying they’re disarmed might work just fine.
Trailblazer57
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Trailblazer57 »

Ah! no there are no random goons in our campaign just yet. every encounter is with another student so each fight is intricate.