Back story on the OVA cast like Miho etc?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Force Gaia
Shelled Plebeian

Back story on the OVA cast like Miho etc?

Post by Force Gaia »

The pre-made characters in the book seem to have some sort of connection between some of them and reference organisations like Malicron. However there's not much mention of them at all, even in the character bios.

Were these mentioned a bit more in the first edition of OVA? Does Clay have plans to release any campaigns based around the OVA cast?

I'm asking because it'd be nice to have a bit more to work with if i were to try and write a campaign/one-shot with the OVA universe in mind.
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Back story on the OVA cast like Miho etc?

Post by sniffycrab »

I think he purposely left the details fuzzy so each GM my fill in the blanks to suit the need of their own campaign.

From what I make of it Miho was made by Dr. Tomori of Malicron before he died and Natsuki took over the company. Some where before Natsuki became CEO, Miho was was discovered by Braun abandoned and he used his nerd fu to get her back online.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Sniffycrab has the right of it. I intentionally left details vague where you can fill in the blanks with whatever you feel is appropriate. It also lets you write characters into other character’s stories. (Fukiko and Auren’s plots don’t actually mention each other, but you can see it’s very easy to put them together from the various illustrations. This is possible because I don't define their respective villains...so they can just easily be the same one!) There was no more detail in the original edition.

However, the “actual” plotline with Malicron goes more that Natsuki was already the CEO, and was able to swallow her pride long enough to hire the one man capable of making Project MIHO a reality. I think it says a lot about how much Natsuki wanted this to happen! And, of course, how much she wants Miho back.

In any case, otherwise Malicron is just a generic military/technology organization with a lot of power and money at its disposal. What you decide beyond that is up to you!
Force Gaia
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Force Gaia »

Fair enough, I thought I'd ask after i got the question "who are these characters?" when using them a couple of times when i didn't have time to build my own stock characters.