Do Weapons and Power Moves stack?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

SuperKrusher
Shelled Plebeian

Do Weapons and Power Moves stack?

Post by SuperKrusher »

If I have a sword of +1 and I use power move of +2 but it uses the sword will the two dmg modifiers stack?

+1 from sword
+4 from Power move
=+5 tot?

umm also does just doing actions cost endurance or only power moves and stuff?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Do Weapons and Power Moves stack?

Post by Clay »

In the revised edition of the game, Power Move and Weapon were combined into the single Attack Ability, which sort of eliminates your concern. But if we’re talking about the original OVA, I would say you do not stack them.

Actions do not cost Endurance unless an Ability specifically states that they do so. In the revised game, no Ability requires Endurance except A) Arcane Magic and Witchcraft, or B) Abilities you have applied Perks to. This is a little simpler than the original OVA, where a handful of Abilities (like the aforementioned Power Move) had a built-in cost.

The revised game also has rules for performing actions over time (like holding up a crumbling building or holding your breath) that does apply an Endurance cost to “regular” actions. However, these rules only exist in the new book, so you wouldn’t have to worry about that.
SuperKrusher
Shelled Plebeian

Post by SuperKrusher »

I see, thank you! I must not have the revised version. Sadly I don't have the money to buy the revised version so I'll just stick to the original rules. I will edit some parts like adding fatigue (if you have been fighting all day then any action costs at least 1 endurance) and I actually tried a test battle and stacking weapon and power move DMG worked very nicely. It made the battle shorter and you can get some crazy DMG on your enemy. Anyways thank you!
SuperKrusher
Shelled Plebeian

Post by SuperKrusher »

ummm.. anyway to get a free copy of the revised pdf?
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

The character books gives you the rules how on ow to play and a Sample character for free. But you must buy the full pdf. Sorry.
MikeOlson
Shelled Plebeian

Post by MikeOlson »

SuperKrusher wrote:ummm.. anyway to get a free copy of the revised pdf?
Why on Earth... doesn't this seem like the exact worst place to ask that question?