Good Example Characters?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Nyrmaldy
Shelled Plebeian

Good Example Characters?

Post by Nyrmaldy »

I'm planning on showing OVA to a group at my college, and I want to make a Power Point detailing character creation and gameplay. I was wondering what characters from popular anime would best be built using them Base Zero, Power Ceiling, and Scaled Cost methods. This way I can show the group how each version of character creation works using characters that they already know.

Any thoughts on which characters would be good choices?
R-90-2
Worthy Tortoise

Re: Good Example Characters?

Post by R-90-2 »

Base zero is the fairly straightforward Mo' Power Mo' Problems rule, which can create someone with great personal power if they've had rough, terrible, hard-luck circumstances that might even make them almost a man alone against a terrifying world.

See- Kenshiro, Tekkaman Blade.

Power Ceiling is about ensuring that characters stay generally within the same broad area of capability, 'cause a team needs teamwork.. I'm at a bit of a loss, help me out!

Scaled cost is about encouraging broad characters, so is tailored produce a character with a lot of abilities and knowledges which, while not each not particularly powerful on its own, could potentially all synergize into something terrifying.

So, basically Joseph Joestar.
Dreamstryder
Worthy Tortoise

Re: Good Example Characters?

Post by Dreamstryder »

Power Ceiling I usually see in anime wherein the group's power ceiling rises, but the characters progress as a group (as do many of the challenges), as in One Piece or Gurren Lagann. It's the picture of leveling up, but they all have to reach some milestone to progress to the next ceiling.