Clay, have you GM'd any games yourself?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Rawle Nyanzi
Worthy Tortoise

Clay, have you GM'd any games yourself?

Post by Rawle Nyanzi »

Clay,

I'd like to know: have you been a game master for any games of OVA? If so, how was it? What was the scenario?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Clay, have you GM'd any games yourself?

Post by Clay »

I have game mastered OVA! It’s always fun, though since I spend so much time writing, I often like to “relax” by taking the Player role. Still, when I do GM, it’s usually to teach people the game. This lends itself to simple scenarios like “fight the dragon!” that inexperienced players can easily get into. I do remember doing a bunch of games based on Battlemaster High...which is an old online melting pot setting of anime tropes that I used to role-play in a lot.
Rawle Nyanzi
Worthy Tortoise

Re: Clay, have you GM'd any games yourself?

Post by Rawle Nyanzi »

Clay wrote:I have game mastered OVA! It’s always fun, though since I spend so much time writing, I often like to “relax” by taking the Player role. Still, when I do GM, it’s usually to teach people the game. This lends itself to simple scenarios like “fight the dragon!” that inexperienced players can easily get into. I do remember doing a bunch of games based on Battlemaster High...which is an old online melting pot setting of anime tropes that I used to role-play in a lot.
I don't get to be a player in my OVA gaming group; I'm the designated GM, and everyone prefers it that way since they consider me to be the best suited for it (and I agree with that assessment.)

This "Battlemaster High" thing sounds interesting, though. I'll have to look it up.