Sega Saturn Shiro!

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Sega Saturn Shiro!

Post by Sabersonic »

It's been a while since I created a character via OVA 2E from scratch and I've been meaning to convert this guy from another tabletop engine. Hopefully I didn't miss anything values wise.
Segata Sanshiro (10 Points)
Obligatory Theme Song
A Judo master and a dan holder for multiple Japanese martial arts such as karate, Segata Sanshiro lives the life of a hermit within the mountains for a singular purpose: Training in the art of playing the Sega Saturn. His high intensity training which includes carrying a massive Sega Saturn upon his back and rapidly bashing the buttons upon the controller has given him remarkable abilities and powers which he utilizes to ensure that all play the Sega Saturn, delivering harsh punishment upon those who do not all the while shouting “You must play the Sega Saturn!”

DEFENSE: 4
HEALTH: 60
ENDURANCE: 60
TV: 20
DX[END] - Attack
  • 6[5] - “Explosive Judo Throw” (Area Effect; Ranged, Strength Powered. Build-Up; Cancel x1, Non-Living Beings; Delayed)
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Agile “Judo”
  • +3 - Combat Expert “Judo”
  • +1 - Evasive “Judo”
  • +3 - Intimidating
  • +1 - Iron-willed
  • +1 - Knowledge “Judo”
  • +2 - Knowledge “Sega Saturn”
  • +1 - Knowledge “Wilderness Survival”
  • +2 - Passion “Sega Saturn”
  • +1 - Perceptive
  • +2 - Sixth Sense “People not playing Sega Saturn”
  • +1 - Strong
  • +2 - Tough
  • +2 - Vigorous
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Code of Conduct “Judo”
  • -2 - Easily Distracted “People not playing Sega Saturn”
  • -2 - Infamous
  • -2 - Hatred “People not playing Sega Saturn”
  • -1 - Loner
  • -3 - Obsession “Have Everyone play Sega Saturn”
  • -2 - Poor “Mountain Hermit”
  • -1 - Stubborn
Personally I'm surprised that this interpretation is so cheap. Might even be possible to fit him in as a Major NPC or even be made available as a PC.

Anyway, I assume this guy pass mustard?
Last edited by Sabersonic on Wed May 04, 2016 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Re: Sega Saturn Shiro!

Post by sniffycrab »

The damage ratings on your attacks are wrong. Strong does not improve damage for ranged unless it is muscle powered ranged. Other then that he seems legit.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

sniffycrab wrote:The damage ratings on your attacks are wrong. Strong does not improve damage for ranged unless it is muscle powered ranged. Other then that he seems legit.
Huh? *Looks at profile, reads Weapon Section* Oh son of a-

Hold on a sec, gotta edit something. *reworks profile while mumbling about copy and past issues* Okay, his weapons have been reworked. So is he okay now?
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

If you are using Rule Zero character creation, then you are over by 4 points. That method means you add all the Abilities as positive numbers and Weaknesses as negative numbers and the end result should not be higher then 5. His end result is 9. But you might be using different creation rules. Also NPCs, I think you just make them how ever the GM needs them to be.

Mechanics aside, I have no clue who Segata Sanshiro (15) is. So I can't tell you if his profile is accurate. Hopefully some one else could weigh in.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

If you have time to count up Segato’s Abilities and Weaknesses, you have wasted valuable time you could have been playing Sega Saturn!

He’s a mascot that ran in ads for the Sega Saturn (a 32-bit console from the 90s) in Japan. You can see an example of it linked in the original post. I think he and his song have had a cameo a few times in SEGA properties, but I can’t say for sure.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Yeah, been meaning to reply with this internet documentary that'll give in more specifics with said character, but I got distracted and all that.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad