Shadowman stats

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

aronpolemic
Shelled Plebeian

Shadowman stats

Post by aronpolemic »

Hey all, I'm new here. I'm really liking OVA. I am surprised there aren't any written reviews up at drivethru yet.. Anyways:

I don't get Shadowman's Attack Roll and Damage Multiplier. For his Dx he has the abilities: Attack +3, Strong +3, and Telekinesis +3. Assuming that he doesn't use Strong and Telekinesis, I don't know how he gets a Dx of 8. Doesn't a Dx start at 1, so his abilities should add up to 7, yes?

Also, his AR is 3. I don't know how that comes about as he starts with 2 dice, so he would need something that adds a 1. But, I don't see it.

Does Pilot +2 fit in there somehow?
Edsel
Worthy Tortoise

Re: Shadowman stats

Post by Edsel »

Yeah, I think this might be something that needs to be in an errata. I have been looking it over for about 15 minutes and I can't see how the DX is any higher than 7, nor the attack roll higher than 2.

Perhaps Clay will notice this thread and give us a bit of enlightenment.

I don't think Piloting is going to help with the attack roll or the DX since the suit is not bought as a vehicle or gear.
"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me. That is all." ~Suzumiya Haruhi
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Re: Shadowman stats

Post by Clay »

There does seem to be something awry here. Shadowman should have Combat Expert +1, explaining the 3 Roll, but it’s not here. I will update the PDF with that correction. Likewise, his DX should be 7 and 5, not 8 and 6 respectively.