High School?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

ZenoForce88
Shelled Plebeian

High School?

Post by ZenoForce88 »

Hello everyone of the community! I have a friend planning an OVA game over skype, thing is when it comes to game planning, especially Slice of Life games, everyone pitches in to aid in the planning, be it coming up with NPCs, finding maps, coming up with an over all setting. It's one big collaboration. We're also a very visual group, who tend to have issues remembering details we are given, or just remembering to give details, when it comes to the environment. I come to you now in the hopes you can assist me with my assigned task in this planning stage. Finding a Floor by Floor, and Room by Room floor plan, aka Map, of a Japanese style High School. It needs to be fairly large, so we can see the details presented, and I have found one or two that are half way decent thanks to DeviantArt. Though I would greatly appreciate any maps the community could share with me.

Thank You.
Edsel
Worthy Tortoise

Re: High School?

Post by Edsel »

15 years ago this would have been easy to find on the internet. Nowadays with all the terrorist groups and individual wannabes, it is a terrible security risk to make such things easily accessible.

Then I spent a few minutes doing some creative googling and found this. http://studiomugenjohncel.wordpress.com ... -projects/

Of course you'll have to download Sketchup Viewer to look it over good. It is a really nice building but the flaw I see with it is there are nothing but class rooms in it. No offices or other stuff like that.
Last edited by Edsel on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me. That is all." ~Suzumiya Haruhi
Edsel
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Edsel »

Actually that website has three different versions of generic Japanese High Schools. This one is probably the best. http://studiomugenjohncel.wordpress.com ... -download/

But again you'll need Sketchup Viewer to see them. Sketchup Viewer is a free download but be warned you will need a decent graphics engine in your computer to navigate the buildings well.

The link above actually has a few club rooms and/or other sorts of rooms but it still seems to lack things like offices, administrative spaces, etc.
"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me. That is all." ~Suzumiya Haruhi
Chocopyro
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Chocopyro »

Uncle Mugen! Yes, I actually know him. (Hardly acquainted, but he's a member of a Renpy site, and I use his resources quite often as makeshift images in my projects.) You don't exactly need Sketchup. If you want an image format, check this page out. It may not be the map you wanted, but at the very least, images could reference what different locations look like, and a more simplified map could be created in paint to show where different locations are on campus in relation to one another.

Image format:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 52&t=17302

They're a nice visual resource.
Edsel
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Edsel »

Here is an old fashion hand drawn map of a fictional Anime High School that might work well. Especially if you don't want to have to play around with Sketchup. http://rpg2030.blogspot.com/2013/01/school-map.html