MSGS: Chain-Linked Destinies Design Critique

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Re: MSGS: Chain-Linked Destinies Design Critique

Post by Sabersonic »

sniffycrab wrote:Example of Base 0 from OVA on page 21.

Bob the grand Has 20 points in abilities and -18 points in Flaws. After adding those together the Result is 2 and he falls within Base Zero.
That, I understand. What I didn't understand is how one got an over value of 4 when the total points in both abilities and flaws was originally 15. It's the kind of double take that would have caused whiplash since I was expecting the overvalue result to be around 10 or so. 4 made me question my character creation process and calculations for the aforementioned Attack types.

Speaking of which:
Clay wrote:As for Attack, you only count it “once.” Attack +3 is Attack +3 (and worth 3 points) regardless of how many variations you make. Even if you have 10 different Attack moves, it will still only cost whatever your Level in the Attack Ability is.
So I only count it once. Wonder why I missed that part.... Oh well, I'll just use the highest level as the final cost of all those attack attributes. Certainly helps with the mobile suit weaponry at the start of this topic to be a bit more economical.

Also:
Clay wrote:If your characters are assigned mecha by the government/army, and it’s not actually their own possession, it may be easier to leave the Vehicle Ability off the character sheet altogether. This is doubly true if you make a habit of assigning different mecha to different characters as time goes on.
Certainly does make the creation of NPC Mecha Mooks and central antagonists slightly easier personally. Not sure if such a thought process is fair to PC and especially not sure if it applies or not to characters like Amuro and Kira who literally fell into the cockpit, but I'll figure that out once I cross that bridge.

Still, the idea of Unique +2 (Ability Amplification) does sound promising. Especially if it allows the Scale modifier to be utilized for said ability. Something to save for some other time.

Anyway, thanks for the overall advise and taking the time to clearing up my mental fog. Should be able to begin my conversion process from here on out-

Though now that I think of it, Psycommu System equipped mobile weapons would certainly qualify for said Unique ability.
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Forgive me if I’m making an incorrect assumption, but it seems like you still have the way Attack works slightly wrong. You should not buy multiple instances of the Attack Ability. Instead, the Level you buy Attack at serves as the baseline for all of your “moves.”

So if you have Attack +3 and you want a particular attack technique that does less damage, you would assign that particular move the Flaw Ineffective and choose some Perks to make up the difference. (Accurate, Disarming, that sort of thing.) Likewise if you want a stronger move, you’d pick Effective and either pay the Endurance cost each time it is used or choose Flaws to eliminate that cost. You can have (theoretically) an infinite number of separate moves from buying the Attack Ability once.

If you were to buy the Attacks separately, there would almost never be any reason to use your Attack +1 over your Attack +4, because the “better” Attack Ability does everything Attack +1 does and more. By using a baseline and tweaking the individual move up and down, every attack technique is equal, just different.

Hope that helps!
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Okay, let's see if I finally get what you're saying with the following examples:
EXAMPLE 1

DX[END] - Attack
  • 4[5] - “ES01 Beam Saber” (Armor Piercing x4; Effective. Ammunition x2, 5x Rounds/Actions; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
  • 1[0] - “Igelstellung 40mm CIWS” (Area Effect; Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition x2; Low Penetration)
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Attack
EXAMPLE 2

DX[END] - Attack
  • 4[5] - “ES01 Beam Saber” (Armor Piercing x4; Effective. Ammunition x2, 5x Rounds/Actions; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
  • 1[0] - “Igelstellung 40mm CIWS” (Area Effect; Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition x2; Low Penetration)
Now from what I've originally understood it in the book, Example 1 would have been counted as 6 points and Example 2 would have been 5 points. However, if I understood your explanation correctly, then Example 1 would have been 1 Point since there's only a single level of Attack and Example 2 would have been no points since there's no Attack Attribute to base those attacks off?
Get your Portable ID!

Though he may have his flaws and faults, he was a husband and a father without equal. May the Angels welcome and accept him with open arms.

Rest in Peace, Dad
Trailblazer57
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Trailblazer57 »

just dropping in to say ...
SEIG ZEON!

that is all.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Well, considering that it's been over a week since my last post in this topic and no response in return, I can only assume that the Attack Move List with all those perks and flaws doesn't add to the total cost of a character so much as the baseline Attack Ability and are effectively zero in terms of point cost.

If that's the case, then I'm in a bit of a trouble. The Gear "Optional Armaments" Ability I've placed in all the Mobile Suit profiles I've made so far was suppose to give a "checks and balance" in terms of tactical choice for weapon loadout i.e. one can get a heavy beam cannon at the expense of any other form of weaponry for combat flexibility. It works with the Striker Packs, Environmental Packages, and Shields, but for weapons such as beam rifles, machine guns, melee and grenades, it largely has no cost associated them to give a sense of tactical choice and balance.

I guess I can go with the following customization note:
May only have one Environmental Configuration, one Tactical Package, two weapon types including melee, and single explosive ordinance set at one time. Can ferry 1x Magazine at the expense of either single explosive ordinance, second weapon type, or both for 2x Magazines.
Though now that I'm on the subject, how would OVA 2e calculate the cost of weapons that aren't included from the initial character creation process?
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

The attack move list has no effect on character cost. Perks and flaws only effect the endurance cost of that specific attack. A character or vehicle could list as many attacks as they want using their abilities for the base dice. It simply isn't practical to list too many attacks. Characters can also adjust attacks as described on page 108. The game master may decide they can or can't do this on a case by case basis.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

I get that now (and thanks by the way, Clay and sniffycrab), however I'm more curious as to how one (GM or otherwise) can work out the game balance issue of an Attack Move List modeled in the form of the Gear Ability ala Handgun or Knife.

Granted, one can just list "handgun" or whatever in the character Attack Move List, but I'm trying to do a kind of customization of combat loadout that can change depending upon the tactical needs of the player and/or their play style without radically changing said Mecha's profile to accommodate combat stats that would be otherwise not utilized in every battle.

*shrugs* I guess I can just do a kind of Armament Slot system where a certain weapon type occupies a certain number of slots i.e. a handgun or knife occupies one while a bazooka is about five slots.

I am open to any suggestions and alternative ideas though.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
sniffycrab
Exalted Amphibian

Post by sniffycrab »

Hand guns, knives, spear, and other things you use just for attacking are not gear. They are an attack with the weapon flaw(-5) If the character is disarmed or has that gun knocked from their hand, they can not use that attack.

Gear is for actual abilities. For example A gas mask that grants Life Support ranks is gear, or a jet pack that grants Flight is gear. The Pro to having something as gear is you can let a friend borrow your ability temporarily. But that is also a draw back as an enemy my steal it temporarily. Weapons that are used for just attacking should not count as gear.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

I'm pretty sure players would not want to deal with an Attack Move List that has more than five separate entries, but then again I have been wrong before.

I guess I can just engineer two separate Attack Move Lists when it comes to Mobile Suits: One for Basic, built-in Armaments/Attacks and another for Customization to reflect Optional Armaments. The second with a set number of slots that can be occupied at any one time and must be declared by the player before any combat engagement. Not exactly the most elegant of solutions, but it's the best at what I can come up with at the moment.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

If you want a very modular sort of approach to weaponry (as oppose to signature attacks anime is so fond of), the slot system idea isn’t a bad one.

Just have a section dedicated to equipment, and create a new “Flaw” called Space Required: “For each time you take this Flaw, this weapon requires a free slot on your mecha.”

This equipment won’t affect the cost of the base mecha itself. Instead, your Mecha should have an Ability called Available Slots, with each Level granting 1 slot.

This way, a powerful Mecha can Available Slots at +3, while a lightweight one may only have it at +1 (and can only equip one-slot weapons.) Because Slots are bought like any other Ability, this balances things out without actually including the Attacks on the mecha itself.
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Interesting idea Clay, thanks. Could probably even categorize weapons with said system. i.e. Grenades, knives, handguns and daggers occupying one Slot; Swords, Axes, SMGs, Assault Rifles and Battle Rifles occupying two Slots; pole weaponry, bazookas, rocket launchers, and the like occupying three Slots and so on.

Here's how I've written it out. Fill free to give suggestions:
Available Slots – Your vehicle, no matter the type, is designed to have modular firepower built into the design, allowing you to customize your ride with whatever tickles your fancy no matter if its bullets, missiles, energy beams, magical spells, whatever the setting would allow a trigger to be attached to it. For each level of Available Slots your vehicle has, it has that many slots allocated to modularization.
Space Required – This particular attack or attacks takes up quite a bit of space on your vehicle. This is due to the amount of systems, subsystems, and all other associated parts needed upon both the vehicle and the attack or attacks themselves so that they can be swapped out as needed. Each time this flaw is taken, that particular attack or attacks occupies one slot of space.
Come to think of it, what would be the Endurance offset of Space Required?

Now, let's see if I got this right using the Zaku II as a test subject. First off is the typical weapon loadout:
Type 5 Heat Hawk
The primary melee weapon for Zeon mobile suits, it utilizes thermal energy produced from the onboard fusion reactor to produce an edge that can cut through most materials.
  • DX[END] - Attack
  • 4[5] - “Thermal Blade Edge” (Armor Piercing; Effective x2. Ammunition, 10x Rounds/Actions; Space Required; Weapon)
FAITH 90mm Assault Cannon (Principality of Zeon)
FAITH standardized weapon type for mobile suits of the Settlement Freedom League; it is a dual feed autocannon that fires two different rounds depending upon need in addition to an underslung grenade launcher. However, the operation differs between SRL member nations. For Zeon, they have opted for Electrochemical-Thermal ignition of their rounds.
  • DX[END] - Attack
  • 3[0] - “90mm Penetrative” (Armor Piercing; Ranged. Ammunition; Requirement, Every 3x Attacks the Magazine must be Replaced; Weapon)
  • 3[0] - “90mm High Explosive” (Ranged. Ammunition; Requirement, Every 3x Attacks the Magazine must be Replaced; Space Required; Weapon)
  • 4[0] - “180mm Attached Grenade Launcher” (Area Effect x2; Affinity, Aiming; Ranged; Stunning. Activation; Ammunition x2; Inaccurate; Space Required; Weapon)
To be honest, I'm not exactly 100% confident of having both Ammunition and Requirement Flaws to have the same intended effect, that is after three separate attacks the weapon must be reloaded and that there is only a limited number magazines available, usually two including one already loaded into said weapon. I'm open to any corrections.
Stick Grenade Rack
An explosive ordinance weapon system that allows the pilot to perform demolition duties as well as perform anti-personnel assaults.
  • DX[END] - Attack
  • 4[0] - “Stick Grenade, Fragmentation” (Affinity, Aiming; Area Effect; Ranged, Strength Powered; Stunning. Activation; Ammunition x2; Delay; Space Required; Inaccurate)
And now the Zaku. I'll just skip the background summary since it's already posted.
MS-05B Zaku I (8 Points)
DEFENSE: 9
HEALTH: 40
ENDURANCE: 50
TV: 64
DX[END] - Attack, Base
  • 2[0] - “Shoulder Bash” (Affinity, Piloting. Delay; Low Penetration)
  • 2[0] - “Unarmed Melee” (Affinity, Piloting. Low-Penetration)
DX[END] - Attack, Optional
  • 3[0] - “90mm Penetrative” (Armor Piercing; Ranged. Ammunition; Requirement, Every 3x Attacks the Magazine must be Replaced; Weapon)
  • 3[0] - “90mm High Explosive” (Ranged. Ammunition; Requirement, Every 3x Attacks the Magazine must be Replaced; Space Required; Weapon)
  • 4[0] - “180mm Attached Grenade Launcher” (Area Effect x2; Affinity, Aiming; Ranged; Stunning. Activation; Ammunition x2; Inaccurate; Space Required; Weapon)
  • 4[5] - “Thermal Blade Edge” (Armor Piercing; Effective x2. Ammunition, 10x Rounds/Actions; Space Required; Weapon)
  • 4[0] - “Stick Grenade, Fragmentation” (Affinity, Aiming; Area Effect; Ranged, Strength Powered; Stunning. Activation; Ammunition x2; Delay; Space Required; Inaccurate)
Level - Ability
  • +4 - Armored “Super Hard Steel Alloy”
  • +4 - Available Slots “Optional Armaments”
  • +2 - Barrier “Shoulder Shield”
  • +6 - Gear “Environmental Configuration”
  • +28 - Gear “Tactical Package”
  • +1 - Heightened Senses
  • +1 - Perceptive “LADAR”
  • +1 - Strong “Fluid Pulse System, Boosted”
  • +1 - Quick
  • +1 - Vigorous “Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor”
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Aided Use “Environmental Configuration”
  • -2 - Aided Use “Optional Armaments”
  • -2 - Aided Use “Tactical Package”
  • -2 - Compulsion “Proper Cool-Down”
  • -1 - Dependency “External Power Jumpstart” (86.4 Kiloseconds required to initiate nuclear fusion reaction self-sufficiency)
  • -1 - Endurance Use “Fluid Pulse System, Boosted”
  • -3 - Precondition Use “Environmental Configuration” (Hangar Bay)
  • -3 - Precondition Use “Optional Armaments” (Hangar Bay)
  • -3 - Precondition Use “Tactical Package” (Hangar Bay)
  • -3 - Periodical Maintenance
  • -10 - Prompt Use “Environmental Configuration” (Refitting, 1x Month)
  • -10 - Prompt Use “Tactical Package” (Refitting, 1x Month)
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Super Hard Steel Alloy”
  • -2 - Restricted Freedom
  • -2 - Servitude
Okay, I think I got a good hold of it, or does it need a bit of refinement here and there in terms of execution?

As for the "Environmental Configuration" and "Tactical Package" variants of the Gear Ability, personally I think I'll leave them as is. Technically, it can be borrowed, but it'll take a while to do so.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

Just as an FYI: I'm not a fan of Gundam (I don't actually hate it, but it does nothing for me), but from what i can tell, this stuff looks cool. However, as I really don't know much about it, I won't post in this thread, cuz I'll just be disruptive. But like I said, looks solid under my understanding of the game system.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Considering the lack of any replies in regard to the Equipment Slot proposal (Not really sure if Chris Brady's own reply would count or not, to be completely honest), I can only assume that there is no objection in the usage of said Equipment Slot for future designs.

However, before I continue with said mobile suit designs, a little setting inquiry for the OVA2e conversion. In particular the Minovsky Particle and the Neutron Jammer. I'll wait until everyone has checked out the hyperlinks and get up to speed on the basics.

Are we up to speed on those two? Good, let's begin. In the canon setting, these two technologies more or less neutralize ranged combat as we know it in contemporary times, reducing it to the kind of ranges seen in the early years of World War II while at the same time have side effects of their own with an EMP-like discharge on superconducter circuitry for Minovsky Particles and preventing Nuclear Fission for Neutron Jammers.

However, in my Mobile Suit Gundam Saga: Chain-Linked Destinies continuity, both Minovsky Particles and Neutron Jammers don't nullify all Radio/Radar, Mirowave, and fog up the Infrared portion of the Electromagnetic Spectrum equally. Rather, they work best when utilizing the Square Inverse Distance from transmitter to receiver. Or to be exact, the further the distance between the two are, the better the effect of both Neutron Jammers and Minovsky Particles upon that particular portion of the Electromagnetic Spectrum. This can be easily defeated via two options: More powerful transmitter and closing the gap i.e. decreasing the distance. It's not exactly the kind of cinematic combat ranges many of us are familiar with, but it is close enough to make a seasoned military man sweat bullets.

Yet, there is a way for Minovsky Particles to force spacecraft commanders into such close ranges as seen in many a space opera setting and that is by increasing the density to maximum. There's just one issue: It kills everyone onboard and anyone within the immediate vicinity if not the entire area of effect. How? Well the same EMP-like effect of Minovsky Particles that reek havoc on unshielded computer systems will have the same effect on human brains, or any brains for that matter. The body is racked with painful muscle spasms and convulsions not unlike a stroke followed soon by brain death. Not a pretty end from what I figured and it would potentially be reserved for those "I'm taking you with me!" scenarios that people would generally like to avoid. A last resort to put it bluntly.

Anyway, this is what I got so far.
MINOVSKY PARTICLE
DX[END] - Attack
  • 6[20] - “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density” (Area Effect x6; Continued Effect; Impairing; No Gesture; Paralyzing; Ranged; Strike Through. Backlash x4; Canceled x4, Non-Living Objects; Delayed; Requirement, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”)
  • 3[5] - “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Electrical Disruption” (Area Effect x6; Continued Effect; No Gesture; Ranged; Strike Through. Canceled x4, Humans; Delayed; Requirement , “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”; Unique x2, Effects Superconductor-based Computers only)
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Art of Invisibility “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”
  • +2 - Continuous Use “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”
  • +2 - Invisibility “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Limited Uses “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”
  • -1 - Prompt Use “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density” (Square Inverse Proximity)
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density” (Radar/Radio, Microwave, and Infrared Only)
Oh, and before I forget, another custom Ability:
Continuous Use – One or more of your Abilities really does have some hangtime. In fact, you don’t have to worry about keeping the effects of the ability up since all it needs is a single, successful activation. At Level 1, it lasts for an entire combat-related round. At Level 2, the duration of the ability’s effect is noticeably longer, typically an hour or an entire day, but never an entire Act. At Level 3, it’s almost always active in that it lasts for an entire Act at the very least, but never the entire duration of an Adventure/Session. Additionally, the Continuous Use can be utilized in any compatible dice roll to resist any attempts to dispel the effect by any opposing character. As always, the exact length of the duration is up to the fiat of the GM.
NEUTRON JAMMER
DX[END] - Attack
  • 3[5] - “Neutron Jammer, Nuclear Fission Disruption” (Area Effect x8; No Gesture; Ranged; Strike Through. No Damage; Requirement , “Neutron Jammer” Unique x4, Effects Nuclear Fission only)
Level - Ability
  • +3 - Art of Invisibility “Neutron Jammer”
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Limited Uses “Neutron Jammer”
  • -1 - Prompt Use “Neutron Jammer”
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Neutron Jammer” (Square Inverse Proximity)
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Neutron Jammer” (Radar/Radio, Microwave, and Infrared Only)
At the moment, I'm not really sure how to indicate that certain attacks can only affect a particular target and/or block a particular ability such as brains and superconductor computers for Minovsky Particles and nuclear fission for Neutron Jammers beyond the Canceled and Unique Flaws. I guess I can borrow the "Block Power" attribute from another tabletop engine or something to that effect.....

Anyway, moving onto my second query of this particular post. To be exact the Core Flyer System of the ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam. In the show, the Chest and Leg flyers, well, fly towards and follow both the Core Splendor and the combined form of the Impulse Gundam. Basically its how to translate both the combination transformation of the Core Flyer System and the inherit limb-swap repair mechanic. At the moment, I came about with this end result:
ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam
The blueprints drafted just after the end of the Gryps Conflict and introduced during the height of the First Neo Zeon War, the Impulse Gundam was a prototype mobile suit of the Second Stage of ZAFT Gundam-type mobile suits with technology and engineering derived from earlier ZAFT Gundam units all the while staying true to the stipulations of the Granada Treaty. Though many consider the Impulse Gundam a derivative design of the Strike Gundam, in truth the design concept of the Impulse Gundam derived from two core concepts of the First Great Earth Sphere War’s most successful Gundam-type mobile suits fielded by the UESFN: The GAT-X101 Gundam and GAT-X105 Strike with the Core Block System of the former and the Striker Pack of the latter.

With the Core Block System, christened the Core Flyer by ZAFT, the Impulse is modularly separated into three components: The Core Flyers and Core Splendor that have independent flight, though the former are slaved to the movement and location of both the later and the combined state of the Impulse Gundam based upon technology derived from the ZGMF-X11A Regenerate and its ability to swap out damaged limbs mid-deployment. The Core Flyer System also allows ease of maintenance and repair logistics when not deployed into combat in addition to lower Linear Catapult energy requirements.

With the Striker Pack system, christend the Silouette Pack by ZAFT, the Impulse is able to adapt to an ever changing combat environment and is based upon technology derived from the ZGMF-X12A that was engineered late in the First Great Earth Sphere War and presumed lost until its return during the Gryps Conflict beneath the banner of the UESFN. The Silhouette Pack System is improved upon the original Striker Pack System in that the Silouette Packs can be launched from the designated mothercraft and delivered via Silhouette Flyer and thus decreases the need to either have the Impulse Gundam return to its mothercraft to exchange Striker Packs and the need of a specialized support piloted by a devicer that would have otherwise been used upon the front lines rather then as a support unit.

However, this is where the similarities between the two First Great Earth Sphere War mobile suits ends, for the Impulse Gundam features two new technologies: The Deuterium Beam Energy Transfer System and the Variable Phase Shift Armor.

The Deuterium Beam Energy Transfer System allows the Impulse Gundam to extend its operational envelope, barring the finite supply of propellant and munition, via a tightly focused beam from its mother craft that quickly charges its reserve of Microcompact High-Energy Batteries and allow it continuous operation at full combat capacity while its onboard thermonulcear fusion reactor is able to shed the excess thermal waste heat and recover, a period in which a vast majority of mobile suits are at their most vulnerable when engaged in combat maneuvers.

As a Silhouette Pack System compatible mobile suit, the Impulse Gundam has largely minimal armaments similar to the GAT-X105 Strike such as the M71-AAK “Folding Razor” Anti-Armor knife and sensor suite turret-mounted CIWS. The largest difference between the Strike and the Impulse armament-wise, however, is that the latter is always equipted with a shield and a beam rifle so that it is able to perform more effective ranged combat and melee defense in the form of the MMI-RG59V Mobile Shield and MA-BAR72 High-Energy Beam Rifle. Howver, this configuration is typically not recommended as a standard practice but rather as a last resort option.

There is, however, an additional purpose for the Impulse Gundam and its creation and it is mostly political: serving as a flagship mobile suit to inspire ZAFT personnel and PLANT citizenry, especially to envoke the heroism displayed by the Gundam-types during the First Greath Earth Sphere War and overall increase morale upon both the front lines and the home front.

Like many post-war ZAFT mobile suits, the Impulse Gundam is equipped with two new mobile suit systems: The Mission Disk and the Activation Key.

HEALTH: 40
TV: 64
DX[END] - Attack, Base
5[5] - “MA-BAR72 High-energy Battle Beam Rifle” (Accurate; Affinity, Aiming; Armor Piercing x3; Impairing; Ranged. Ammunition x2; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
2[0] - “M71-AAK ‘Folding Razor’ Anti-armor Knife” (Weapon)
2[0] - “Linear Knee Spikes” (Armor Piercing. Inaccurate)
1[0] - “MMI-GAU25A 20mm CIWS” (Area Effect; Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition x2; Low Penetration)
Level - Ability
  • +2 - Agile
  • +4 - Armored “Gundarium Alloy”
  • +2 - Armored “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System, Low Power Mode”
  • +3 - Armored “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System, High Power Mode”
  • +2 - Attack “Unarmed Melee”
  • +2 - Barrier “MMI-RG59V Mobile Shield, Closed Mode”
  • +4 - Barrier “MMI-RG59V Mobile Shield, Open Mode”
  • +2 - Evasive
  • +3 - Gear “Mission Disk”
  • +9 - Gear “Silhouette Pack System”
  • +6 - Gear “Tactical Package”
  • +2 - Heightened Senses
  • +2 - Knowledge “Melee Mobile Suit Combat”
  • +2 - Quick
  • +1 - Quick “Field Motors, Boosted”
  • +2 - Resistance “Linear Floating Seat” (G-Forces)
  • +3 - Resistance “Gundarium Alloy” (Ballistic Attacks)
  • +1 - Resistance “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System” (Ballistic Attacks)
  • +1 - Smart “Metatron-based Construct Intelligence”
  • +1 - Strong “Field Motors, Boosted”
  • +2 - Tough
  • +1 - Unique “Core Block Body System”(Modular Chest/Leg Flyers)
  • +1 - Unique “Deuterium Beam Rectenna”
  • +3 - Vigorous “Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor” , “Gas Turbine Sub Generator”, “High Efficiency Hydrogen Fuel Cells”
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Aided Use “Environmental Configuration”, “Optional Armaments”, “Tactical Package”
  • -1 - Dependency “External Power Jumpstart” (86.4 Kiloseconds required to initiate nuclear fusion reaction self-sufficiency)
  • -3 - Dependency “Selective Devicer” (Coordinator or Extended)
  • -1 - Endurance Use “Field Motors, Boosted”, “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System, Low Power Mode”
  • -2 - Endurance Use “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System, High Power Mode”, “MMI-RG59V Mobile Shield, Open Mode”
  • -1 - Ineptitude “Ranged Mobile Suit Combat”
  • -3 - Precondition Use “Environmental Configuration”, “Optional Armaments”, “Tactical Package” (Hangar Bay)
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Activation Key”
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Core Splendor”
  • -3 - Prompt Use “Environmental Configuration”, “Tactical Package” (Refitting, 1x Month)
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Gundarium Alloy”, “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System,” (Half Level on Sides and Rear)
  • -2 - Reduced Use “LADAR” (Refraction-Heavy Conditions)
  • -3 - Restricted Freedom
  • -2 - Servitude
I wasn't sure how to address the limb-swap repair mechanic of the Core Flyer System, nor the Deuterion Beam Energy Transfer System that grants a momentary Endurance Boost or Recovery so I written both down as Unique Abilities as placeholder until I, or more likely someone else, would find a way to replicate both technology aspects.

I guess I could create a kind of "Broadcast Aid" Ability or something......
ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam Core Flyer (28 points Each)
The central components of the Impulse Gundam’s Core Flyer System, the Core Flyer units are autonomously flight capable but still slaved to the location and movements of both the Core Splendor and the combined Impulse Gundam. These Core Flyers come in two types: The Chest Flyer and Leg Flyer, though there have been design concepts in which either the standard Chest Flyer and/or Leg Flyer are replaced with a different type of Core Flyer to grant the Impulse Gundam alternative frame configurations for more exotic but not less effective combat capabilities as seen in the mobile suit models deployed during both the Gryps Conflict and the First Neo Zeon War, though a vast majority of these designs had ever been constructed.

The primary purpose of the Core Flyers is to allow immediate combat damage repair to either the upper or lower fuseloge of the Impulse Gundam without having to return to the mothercraft for such repairs and thus keep the prototype mobile suit in the field for combat operations.

HEALTH: 50
TV: 8
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Flight
  • +1 - Spaceflight
  • +1 - Tough
  • +15 - Transformation “Core Block System, Impulse Gundam”
  • +1 - Unique “Core Block Body System”(Modular Chest/Leg Flyers)
  • +1 - Unique “Deuterium Beam Rectenna”
  • +1 - Unique “Homing” (Core Splendor and Impulse Gundam)
  • +1 - Vigorous “Gas Turbine Sub Generator”, “High Efficiency Hydrogen Fuel Cells”
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Aided Use “Core Block System, Impulse Gundam” (Core Splendor)
  • -2 - Confined Movement “Core Splendor/Impulse Gundam”
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Gundarium Alloy” (Half Level on Sides and Rear)
  • -2 - Servitude
That was my general answer to the whole "Core Block Gundam Combining in mid-air" speal of the Core Flyer System via the Aided Use and Transformation. Not sure if I should add in the stipulation of there needing a second Core Flyer module or not in said Weakness......

As for the homing ability of said Core Flyer Modules, I used the following custom Weakness:
Confined Movement- You just can’t go far from home, or whatever area you’re designated within. Whatever the space, you can’t really escape it no matter how hard you try or how much you wish you could (not without some cinematic storytelling element via the GM and even then they don’t occur as often) and thus your interaction options are limited. At Level 1, you’re restricted to a small territorial region of a country or a large city. At Level 2, you’re restricted to either a small town or some multi-structure complex such as an Arcology. At Level 3, you’re restricted to a small village or a building.
Now onto my final query, the Destiny Gundam. However, it's not the canon Destiny Gundam, but rather the Arch Destiny Gundam; a collaborative design of one WackyModder84 and TheAnimeOverviewer. I'd wait for members of the forum to view the video before continuing, but considering that it's an hour long :shock: I think it'll be safe to assume that few of us has THAT much time to kill.

Anyway, the primary characteristic of the Arch Destiny Gundam is it's Overclock System which not only makes its normally hand-held weapon systems proprietary and unable to be taken away and used against said mobile suit, but also has the ability to increase the damage potential of said weapons at the cost of increasing the likeliness of not only outpacing the onboard Antimatter Reactor (Yes, I know it was originally a Hyper-Deuterion Engine, but considering that in my campaign setting everyone and their mothers pretty much have the ability to build nuclear fusion engines, I went with something a little more exotic and something that'll make sense for it to blow up if something bad happens), but also said weapons exploding in one's hands among other more minor issues.

Before I ramble on, this is what I got so far:
ZGMF-X71T Destiny Gundam (23 Points)
Based upon the combat data of the Impulse Gundam and introduced during Char Aznable’s Rebellion that marked the beginning of the end of the First Neo Zeon War, the Destiny Gundam was a prototype mobile suit of the Second Stage of ZAFT Gundam-type mobile suits with technology and engineering derived from earlier ZAFT Gundam units all the while staying true to the stipulations of the Granada Treaty. Unlike the Impulse Gundam, however, the Destiny Gundam’s combat loadout is neither modular nor interchangeable with the primary design philosophy in that the standard load out of the mobile suit is varied enough to allow the onboard devicer to react to any combat scenario without the delay of equipment deployment. A tactical weakness that many ZAFT commanders feared that hostile devicers would take advantage of in the middle of any combat mission.

Another tactical issue designed into the Destiny Gundam was the concern in how possible for hostile mobile suits to both disarm and utilize the manipulator-wielded weaponry against allied mobile suits. With how wide spread cross-standardized energy plugs for mobile suit manipulators in the hands of even civilian devicers, ZAFT engineers developed an Induction Energy Transfer System centered around one of the principle weapon systems, the semi-automatic MMI-X340-2 “Palma Fiocina”. The manipulator-mounted ranged energy weapon system, largely considered emergency ranged directed energy weapon systems in the initial design phase, soon became central in the weapon security of the Destiny Gundam’s armament loadout.

The Induction Energy Transfer System allows the pilot to control the amount of energy into the manipulator-wielded weapon systems from the onboard Anti-Matter Reactor, to the point that said weapons can become overpowered in a feature many engineers dubbed “Overclock”. However, though the Overclock ability of the Energy Transfer System grants tactical combat advantages, such excess powers can potentially damage said weapons if not the Destiny Gundam as well. The weapons that take advantage of this Induction Energy Transfer System’s Overclock feature are the MA-BAR73/S “Tachyon” Variable Output High-Energy Beam Rifle, RQM90F “Flash-Edge 3” Beam Boomerangs, MMI-864 “Ascalon” Beam Buster Sword, M7000X “Ragnarok” Revolving Positron Cannon.

As the name suggests, the Tachyon Beam Rifle has mega particle beam discharges with variable destructive yields of each round based upon the amount of energy induced into the weapon via the Induction Energy Transfer System, the amount of which the onboard Devicer is able to control within the cockpit. Under standard operation, the Tachyon Beam Rifle rounds are little different compared to other contemporary beam rifles. With the lowest level of the Overclock Feature, each round has fifty percent higher yield and operational range than the standard equivalent contemporary beam rifle. With the highest level of the Overclock Feature, each round not only have a greater range and yield, but is able to penetrate physical shields with Anti-Beam Coatings, though are unable to penetrate Directed Energy Barriers such as the Destiny Gundam’s own MX2351 “Solidus Fulgor” Beam Shield Generators.

The Flash-Edge 3 Beam Boomerangs are similar, design-wise, with other contemporary Beam Boomerangs and especially the "Midas Messer" Beam Boomerang of GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike introduced during the Great Earth Sphere War. However, it has two chief differences integrated into its design. First is the Anti-Beam Coating upon the leading edge of the Beam Boomerang that protects the ranged weapon from hostile mobile suits who attempt to strike down the Beam Boomerang. However, the Flash-Edge 3 can be utilized by the Destiny Gundam as a secondary melee weapon that requires the Induction Energy Transfer System to activate its Beam Saber form. This is utilized via the "Armure Lumiere" Mono-phase Lightwave Shield featured upon the CAT-X79 Hyperion that allows not only the ability to pierce Directed Energy Barriers, but to also deflect mega particle weaponry.

The Ascalon Beam Buster Sword, the successor design of Anti-Spacecraft Swords, utilized the Armure Lumiere system as well to create a beam blade nineteen meters in length at standard energy flow. However, if more energy is flowing into the weapon more than the safety features would allow as with the Overclock feature of the Induction Energy Transfer System, the beam blade increases in size and destructive yield equal to the MA-X200 Beam Swords featured upon the Mobile Suit Embedded Tactical Enforcer. However, as a single manipulator-wield weapon, the Ascalon could only operate at maximum overclock for only twenty seconds under the best of circumstances i.e. luck. This can be extended to forty luck-pressed seconds with the beam dagger attached to the Ascalon and transform the weapon into a dual manipulator-wield weapon.

The Ragnarok Revolving Positron Cannon, a revolving tri-barrel Hyper Impulse Cannon, normally only has the destructive yield akin to Hyper Impulse Cannons as seen upon the "Agni" 320mm Hyper Impulse Beam Cannon of the GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike, with the largest difference that it is able to fire at a rate akin to contemporary beam rifles. However, as the name suggests, the Revolving Positron Cannon is able to unfold into a capital spacecraft grade Positron Blaster Cannon with the equivalent destructive yield of the QZX-1 "Tannhäuser" positron cannon featured upon the LHM-BB01 “Minerva”. To activate such a high destructive yield, the onboard devicer must initiate the Induction Energy Transfer System’s Overclock feature with both hands to supply so much power to utilize the Positron Cannon mode of the Ragnarok for only a single Positron Round that over half of the electrical output of the onboard reactor is exhausted. Not only that, but to keep the Destiny Gundam intact for a signal round of the Positron Cannon Mode that the Wings of Light, both manipulator arms, and the Ragnarok’s recoil system are required to soften the massive recoil of the Positron Blaster Cannon mode.

However, the Overclock feature of the Induction Energy Transfer System is not the sole combat loadout of the Destiny Gundam. Not only does the Destiny have the semi-automatic Palma Fiocina as ranged weaponry, but it also utilizes the AP-GBX52 “Tombstone” Beam Pile Bunkers for melee attack. The Beam Pile Bunkers were designed to direct so much energy, the same used by the Palma Fiocina, into a single point as to defeat any form of defense available to mobile suits from Anti-Beam Coating, Laminated Armor, and even Directed Energy Barriers. The only weakness in the design is that it cannot be used defensively, but it was never intended for such a task.

The Destiny Gundam is also protected not only through the Solidus Fulgor Beam Sield Generators, but also by the Variable Phase Shift Armor system the machine had inherited from the Impulse Gundam. Unlike the Impulse Gundam however, the onboard devicer is able to alter the tensile strength of the Variable Phase Shift Armor within the cockpit rather than activated from the attachment of different Silhouette Packs. This allows the pilot to govern the flow of electrical energy to what systems would require it most, and in particular to shunt as much energy as possible for the Induction Energy Transfer System’s Overclock feature.

The final chief characteristic of the Destiny Gundam were the MMI-M844 “Wings of Light”, the primary means of propulsion based upon the Thermonuclear Laser Pulse Engines of the Destiny Gundam. It has been debated that the general design philosophy of the so-called Wings of Light from the UESFN Space Force’s prototype CAT-X78 Tallgeese. The greatest change from the general design philosophy of the Tallgeese’s own propulsion system is that the Wings of Light are mounted upon independent Variable Geometry nacelles to allow for both increased velocity and maneuverability to emphasize its high combat performance nature. However, the Wings of Light also inherited the limitation in that high thrust burn of the Wings of Light induced equally high G-Forces that would cause serious bodily harm of the onboard devicer even with the Linear Floating Seat featured in modern mobile suits. Though the strength of the thrust can be adjusted within the cockpit, to truly master the Destiny Gundam’s Wings of Light propulsion system would take nearly all of any one devicer’s skillset in the operation of high performance mobile suits and even then there was no guarantee that it would be successful.

Like the Impulse Gundam, the Destiny Gundam largely serves politically as a flagship mobile suit to inspire ZAFT personnel and PLANT citizenry, to envoke the heroism displayed by the Gundam-types that served during the First Great Earth Sphere War in addition to the exploits of the AEUG during the First Neo Zeon War. The presence of the Destiny Gundam, by design, allows for an overall increase morale upon both the front lines and the home front.

As with many post-war ZAFT mobile suits, the Destiny Gundam is equipped with two new mobile suit systems: The Mission Disk and the Activation Key.

HEALTH:70
ENDURANCE: 90
TV: 27
DX[END] - Attack, Base
  • 6[10] - “M7000X ‘Ragnarok’ Revolving Positron Cannon, Standard Operation” (Affinity, Aiming; Armor Piercing x3; Barrier Buster; Impairing; Ranged; Strike Through. Inaccurate; Requirement, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
  • 5[5] - “MA-BAR73/S ‘Tachyon’ Variable Output High-Energy Beam Rifle, Standard Shot” (Accurate; Affinity, Aiming; Armor Piercing x2; Impairing; Ranged. Requirement, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
  • 4[5] - “AP-GBX52 ‘Tombstone’ Beam Pile Bunkers” (Armor Piercing x4, Barrier Busting x4; Effective x2. Activation; Open to Attack; Unique, Cannot Block or Parry; Weapon)
  • 3[20] - “MMI-864 ‘Ascalon’ Beam Buster Sword, Standard Operation, Dual Wield” (Armor Piercing x4; Barrier Busting; Impairing; Reach; Strike Through. Requirement, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Unique, Beam Dagger cannot be used; Weapon)
  • 3[25] - “MMI-864 ‘Ascalon’ Beam Buster Sword, Standard Operation, Single Wield” (Armor Piercing x4; Barrier Busting; Impairing; Reach; Strike Through. Requirement, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
  • 4[5] - “RQM90F ‘Flash-Edge 3’ Beam Boomerangs, Saber Mode” (Armor Piercing x4; Barrier Busting. Requirement, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
  • 3[0] - “RQM90F ‘Flash-Edge 3’ Beam Boomerangs, Boomerang Mode” (Armor Piercing x4; Ranged, Strength-Powered. Ammunition x2, 3x Rounds/Actions; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
  • 2[5] - “Beam Dagger” (Armor Piercing x4, Effective. Requirement, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
  • 2[5] - “MMI-X340-2 ‘Palma Fiocina’” (Armor Piercing x3; Ranged. Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment)
  • 2[0] - “Linear Knee Spikes” (Armor Piercing. Inaccurate)
  • 1[0] - “MMI-GAU25A 20mm CIWS” (Area Effect; Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition x2; Low Penetration)
DX[END] - Attack, Overclock
8[30] - “M7000X ‘Ragnarok’ Revolving Positron Cannon, Overclock Operation” (Affinity, Aiming; Armor Piercing x8; Barrier Buster x4; Effective x2; Impairing; Ranged; Strike Through. Backlash; Buildup x3; Delayed; Inaccurate; Recoil; Requirement, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
5[15] - “MMI-864 ‘Ascalon’ Beam Buster Sword, Standard Operation, Dual Wield” (Armor Piercing x4; Barrier Busting x2; Effective x2; Impairing; Reach; Strike Through. Ammunition x2, 3x Rounds/Actions; Backlash; Requirement, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Unique, Beam Dagger cannot be used; Weapon)
5[20] - “MMI-864 ‘Ascalon’ Beam Buster Sword, Standard Operation, Single Wield” (Armor Piercing x4; Barrier Busting x2; Effective x2; Impairing; Reach; Strike Through. Ammunition x3, 1x Rounds/Actions; Backlash x2; Requirement, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
5[15] - “MA-BAR73/S ‘Tachyon’ Variable Output High-Energy Beam Rifle, Maximum Overclock Shot” (Accurate; Affinity, Aiming; Armor Piercing x4; Barrier Busting; Impairing; Ranged. Backlash; Requirement, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Unique, Cannot Penetrate Energy-Based Shields and Force Fields ; Weapon)
5[10] - “MA-BAR73/S ‘Tachyon’ Variable Output High-Energy Beam Rifle, Minimum Overclock Shot” (Accurate; Affinity, Aiming; Armor Piercing x3; Impairing; Ranged. Requirement, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Agile
  • +2 - Armored “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System, Low Power Mode”
  • +3 - Armored “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System, High Power Mode”
  • +2 - Attack “Unarmed Melee”
  • +4 - Attack “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”
  • +4 - Barrier “MX2351 ‘Solidus Fulgor’ Beam Shield Generator”
  • +1 - Combat Expert “Mobile Suit Combat”
  • +1 - Evasive
  • +4 - Flight “MMI-M844 ‘Wings of Light’ Thermonuclear Laser Pulse Engines”
  • +3 - Gear “Mission Disk”
  • +6 - Gear “Tactical Package”
  • +2 - Heightened Senses
  • +1 - Quick
  • +3 - Resistance “Lunar Titanium Alloy” (Ballistic Attacks)
  • +1 - Resistance “Luna Titanium-Composite Ceramic Phase Shift Armor System” (Ballistic Attacks)
  • +1 - Resistance “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System” (Ballistic Attacks)
  • +1 - Smart “Metatron-based Construct Intelligence”
  • +1 - Unique “Ejection Pod”
  • +5 - Vigorous “Metatron-based Matter-Antimatter Reactor” , “Gas Turbine Sub Generator”
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Aided Use “Environmental Configuration”, “Optional Armaments”, “Tactical Package”
  • -3 - Compulsion “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability Cool-Down”
  • -3 - Dependency “Selective Devicer” (Coordinator or Extended)
  • -1 - Endurance Use “Field Motors, Boosted”, “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System, Low Power Mode”, “MX2351 ‘Solidus Fulgor’ Beam Shield Generator”
  • -2 - Endurance Use “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System, High Power Mode”, “Induction Energy Transfer System, Overclock Ability”
  • -3 - Precondition Use “Environmental Configuration”, “Optional Armaments”, “Tactical Package” (Hangar Bay)
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Activation Key”
  • -3 - Prompt Use “Environmental Configuration”, “Tactical Package” (Refitting, 1x Month)
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Gundarium Alloy”, “Gundarium-Composite Ceramic Variable Phase Shift Armor System,” (Half Level on Sides and Rear)
  • -2 - Servitude
  • -2 - Unique “G-Force Injury” (Tough Check to resist Injury when in Flight)
  • -3 - Unique “Volatile” (1d Check vs. DN 4 for Explosion when 0 HP or lower. Character suffers DX-6, Area Effect x4 Attack plus Scale Advantage)
  • -2 - Vulnerability “Overusing Overclock System”
Before I leave off, I would like some advise on the Unique Weaknesses "G-Force Injury" and "Volatile". In particular of the former if what I've written is suffice note that anyone who goes full throttle in the Arch Destiny would get serious internal injuries ala Tallgeese. And in particular of the latter, is both the DX and the Area Effect sufficient enough to note that said explosion is massive enough to be mostly considered a Tactical Nuke in yield alone?

Anyway, much gratitude in any aid I can receive in these designs. And I hope members of the forum enjoyed this entry as well. Ciao for now.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

I think it's been long enough for me to assume that the above mentioned inquiries are fine as I have proposed. In which case, I should move on to other entries.

Though, I have a few inquiries as I began construction of spacecrafts that are more or less present in my "Mobile Suit Gundam Saga: Chain-Linked Destinies" setting and campaign.

But first, an example to base my quires on:
Minerva-class Transatmospheric Battlecraft (5 Points)
A post-First Great Earth Sphere War capital spacecraft, the Minerva-class was initially designed and engineered after extensive data studies upon the Pegasus-class Assault Battlecarrier and in particular the Archangel or as known by the FAITH codename “Trojan Horse”, though with the overall aesthetics of a Space Wale with its variable geometry wings fully unfurled. Due to the former, the Minerva-class was central in the theoretical usage and deployment of ZAFT Second Generation Gundams in the form of the Deuterium Beam Energy Transfer System and for one particular model the Core Flyer System.

The Deuterium Beam Energy Transfer System was an innovation created specifically for the Second Generation Gundams of ZAFT to extend their operational time outside the limitations of propellant and munitions but more ideally grant them the ability to return to the mothercraft without the fear of a Thermal Lockdown that would have otherwise shut down or at the very minimum reduced its combat effectiveness exponentially. The system comprises the reserve of Microcompact High-Energy Batteries of the receiver mobile suit with the projection of a tightly focused beam of Deuterium Energy from the mothercraft to grant full capacity combat potential while at the same time allow the onboard reactor to shed the waste thermal energy. The only weakness in the system, however, is that there must be a stable lock before it can be utilized.

The Core Flyer System is ZAFT’s own interpretation of the UESFN’s Core Block System, with the added benefit that it did not require manned aerospacecrafts to deliver the modules but rather deploy them via a specialized linear catapult whose base operation is largely derived from the ZGMF-X11A Regenerate of the First Great Earth Sphere War. This allows for underway replenishment of the Core Flyer System equipped Mobile Suit, such as the ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam, in terms of replacement limbs that are damaged, ease of maintenance and repair when not deployed into combat, and lesser energy consumption with the use of the specialized linear catapult. Additionally, the linear catapult is able to deploy ZAFT’s own interpretation of the Striker Packs, the Silhouette Packs, via the Silhouette Flyer instead of having to either expend resources such as manned aerospacecrafts to deliver the modular weapon platform to the Impulse Gundam or having the unit return to the mothercraft to exchange packs.

As a derivative Pegasus-class warcraft, the Minerva-class is similarly armed and armored, though with some weapon system changes due to the general design of the Minerva-class such as the M10 “Isolde” Triple Cannon Launcher in lieu of a Linear Cannon and a single QZX-1 “Tannhäuser” Positron Blaster Cannon rather than two “Lohengrin” Positron Blaster Cannons.

HEALTH: 90
ENDURANCE: 80
TV: 30
DX[END] - Attack
  • 8[0] - "QZX-1 ‘Tannhäuser’ Positron Blaster Cannon” (Armor Piercing x8; Blinding; Helper; Impairing; Ranged; Strike Through. Buildup x6; Delayed; Inaccurate x4)
  • 5[0] - “XM47 ‘Tristan’ Dual Barrel Mega-Particle Cannon Turret” (Armor Piercing x6; Effective x3; Helper; Ranged. Assisted, Gunner; Buildup x2; Inaccurate; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Light Environment)
  • 4[0] - “M10 ‘Isolde’ 42cm Triple Cannon Launcher” (Area Effect; Armor Piercing; Helper; Ranged. Innacurate-2)
  • 4[0] - “‘Wolfram’ M25 Torpedoes” (Armor Piercing x3; Helper; Multiple Targets; Ranged; Redirectable, Infrared. Activation; Delayed; Inaccurate x3)
  • 3[0] - “‘Neidhardt’ Orbital-to-Orbit Missiles” (Area Effect x3; Armor Piercing; Helper; Multiple Targets x5; Ranged; Redirectable, Infrared. Activation; Assisted x3, Gunners; Cancel x2, Airbone and Landbound Targets; Delayed; Inaccurate x2)
  • 3[0] - “‘Parsifal’ Air-to-Surface Missiles” (Area Effect x2; Armor Piercing; Helper; Multiple Targets x5; Ranged; Redirectable, Infrared. Activation; Assisted x3, Gunners; Cancel x2, Airbone and Spaceborne Targets; Delayed; Inaccurate x2)
  • 1[0] - “‘Dispar’ Interception Missiles” (Area Effect; Helper; Multiple Targets x3; Ranged; Redirectable, Infrared. Activation; Assisted x2, Gunner; Delayed)
  • 2[0] - “40mm Gatling Cannon CIWS Bank” (Accurate; Defensive; Effective; Helper; Multiple Targets x6; Overwhelming; Ranged. Assisted x6; Gunners)
  • 1[0] - “LADAR PDS Mode” (Accurate x3; Defensive x2; Helper; Multiple Targets x7; No Gestures; Ranged. Activation; Assisted x5, Gunners; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Light Environment)
  • 3[0] - “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Electrical Disruption” (Area Effect x6; Continued Effect; No Gesture; Ranged; Strike Through. Canceled x4, Humans; Delayed; Requirement , “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”; Unique x2, Effects Superconductor-based Computers only)
  • 3[0] - “Neutron Jammer, Nuclear Fission Disruption” (Area Effect x8; No Gesture; Ranged; Strike Through. No Damage; Requirement , “Neutron Jammer” Unique x4, Effects Nuclear Fission only)
Level - Ability
  • +4 - Armored “Ablative Armor”
  • +2 - Broadcast Aid “Deuterium Beam Energy Transfer System” (Vigorous)
  • +2 - Flight “Minovsky Craft System, Demi-Float Type”
  • +2 - Heightened Senses
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +3 - Perception “Infrared”
  • +3 - Perceptive “LADAR”
  • +2 - Perceptive “Radar”
  • +3 - Resistance “Ablative Armor” (Directed Energy Attacks)
  • +4 - Spaceflight “Thermal-Antimatter Rockets”
  • +2 - Swimming “Thermo-Antimatter Turbo Hydrojets”
  • +5 - Tough “Foamed Titanium Composite Fuselage”
  • +2 - Quick
  • +4 - Vigorous “Metatron-based Matter-Antimatter Reactor”
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Endurance Use “Antimatter Thermal Rockets”
  • -3 - Endurance Use “Deuterium Beam Energy Transfer System”
  • -1 - Expendable Use “Thermal-Antimatter Rockets” (Water/Remass)
  • -1 - Focus “Deuterium Beam Energy Transfer System” (Deuterium Beam Rectenna)
  • -1 - Identifiable Use “Thermo-Antimatter Turbo Hydrojets” (Infrared and Sonar), “Neutron Jammer”, “Radar” (Radar)
  • -1 - Limited Uses “Neutron Jammer”
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Heat Radiators” (4x Radiator Fins)
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Skeleton Crew” (20x personnel)
  • -2 - Periodical Maintenance
  • -1 - Prompt Use “Neutron Jammer”
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Ablative Armor” (Half Level on Sides and Rear)
  • -2 - Reduced Use “Minovsky Craft System, Demi-Float Type” (Solid Surface)
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Neutron Jammer” (Square Inverse Proximity)
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Neutron Jammer” (Radar/Radio, Microwave, and Infrared Only)
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Radar” (Cannot Target)
  • -2 - Servitude
  • -3 - Unique “Volatile” (1d Check vs. DN 4 for Explosion when 0 HP or lower. Character suffers DX-6, Area Effect x4 Attack plus Scale Advantage)
Yeah, I don't get the cost of the Minerva either. It seemed too cheap for what is effectively a space battleship....

Oh well, it'll probably fill up once I have my inquiries answered. First, How would one arbitrarily note how a large vehicle is able to house x amount of smaller vehicles and mecha besides resorting to Unique? And even then, how would this particular Unique be measured in value compared to its (in this case semi-) real world carrying capacity? Would this have to be measured in the Vehicle (Mecha) Ability?

My next inquiries, well, involve new Abilities, Weaknesses, Perks, and Flaws. It's basically a peer-review.
Broadcast Aid – You are able to render your comrades aid from afar, helping them in a moment where they really need that boost and circumstances dictate that you cannot reach them either physically or in time. Generally, you are able to link this ability with another, up to the maximum level of Broadcast Aid, and send it on their way. The effect is generally instantaneous enough that the character in question is able to utilize it in any way they need in order to succeed, without any concentration on your part whatsoever. However, the effects only last as long as the scene in question, typically a combat-related scene, and once the issue and/or obstacle in question are passed, the aid is equally gone. As if that weren’t problematic enough, there’s no guarantee that the character you want to help from afar will even use your aid properly.

Often enough this is the Vigorous or Healing ability, but many other Abilities can be applicable, though with some common sense involved and ultimately via GM Fiat. Additionally, this may be done as many times as needed or unless a Weakness states otherwise, though again this is all up to the fiat of the GM.
Identifiable Use - One or more of your Abilities really gives you away, either as a warning that something’s about to happen to them, figure out what your unique ability is and learn ways to counteract them, or both, and ultimately make you the bright light in a dark room. This makes it hard to surprise them if they have the appropriate means to detect them; hide or move undetected, or make you vulnerable to a counterattack or even a pre-emptive strike against your foes. At Level 1, your ability can be detected via one or two methods. At Level 2, your ability can be detected from three up to five different methods. At Level 3, your ability can be detected from six all the way up to nine methods. Additionally, as per GM fiat the Level of this Weakness is used against you when performing stealth, initiative, or any other situation where being undetected or getting the first strike in a fight.
Helper (+0) – Your ability or that of your vehicle is able to be assigned to one of your passengers or crew, allowing it to be used multiple times within a single Round, often against multiple targets.
The above mentioned Abilities, Weaknesses, and Perks are used in the Minerva profile. The following, however, wasn't since it probably most needs a peer review compared to the above. Well, outside the new Ability anyway.
Countered (-5) – Your attack is either travels slow enough or is noticeable enough for your target to perform a defensive action against it with either an attack upon it, a skilled redirect or a simple stepping off to the side. Whatever the case, the target is given a +1 to their Defensive Roll. This may be taken multiple times, increasing the target’s bonus each time it is applied.
OH! I almost forgot! This one isn't really an inquiry, but rather a request for advise.

Basically what Perk would best reflect the Macross Missile Massacre at its finest? Or better yet, with the lowest possible Endurance Cost? Multiple Targets, or Area Effect?
I believe the same inquiry can also be applied to CIWS since the above Minerva has about 12 separate CIWS turrets in Gundam SEED Destiny that would equate to a total Endurance Cost of 120 alone.

Anyway, I look forward to the response from the forum.
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad
Sabersonic
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Sabersonic »

Well after doing a little research on the base DX any character can have, largely due to the circumstances of the Effective and Ineffective Weapon Perks and Flaws, I realized that I was doing my Attack Variations for Mobile Weapons completely wrong. I basically did alot of the following:

Once I regained consciousness, I began to rework some of my Mobile Suit Armory profile, removed any instances of Space Required (In retrospect, it should be "Space Occupied") and I came up with the following equipment profiles.
BOWA·XBR-L Mega-Particle Beam Battle Cannon (6 Points)
A medium-to-long ranged mega particle-based Directed Energy Weapon for UESFN and OMNI Enforcer mobile suits, these were deployed akin to the infantry Designated Marksman for tactical anti-materiel and anti-armor strikes against SFL mobile suits and similar targets of opportunity.

DX[END] - Attack
  • 5[5] - “Mega Particle Projector” (Accurate; Affinity, Aiming; Armor Piercing x2; Impairing; Ranged. Requirement, Both Hands on Weapon; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
Level - Ability
  • +5 - Attack “Beam Battle Cannon”
  • +4 - Endurance Reserve “E-Cap”
Level - Weakness
  • -3 - Dependency “Beam Weaponry-capable Mobile Suit”
Laminated Armor System Tower Shield (4 Points)
An optional active defense system utilizing an ablative Anti-Beam coating, it is an economical solution to the fear of mass deployment of beam weaponry by the Settlement Freedom League. These are the standard equipment load-out for UESFN and OMNI Enforcer mobile suits who are expected to face mega-particle weaponry. The shield is also equipped with fire-holes to allow mobile suits to fire without fear of losing their protection.

Level - Ability
  • +4 - Barrier “Tower Shield”
  • +2 - Resistance “Anti-Beam Coating”
Level - Weakness
  • -2 - Limited Use “Anti-Beam Coating”
Then I took a look at this topic and it made me consider the Walking Arsenal Ability for my whole Gear issue and I came up with the following profile:
GAT-X101 Gundam (36)
Customization Notes: May only have one Environmental Configuration and two Tactical Packages at one time.

HEALTH: 60
ENDURANCE: 70
TV: 18
DX[END] - Attack
  • 4[5] - “ES01 Beam Saber” (Armor Piercing x4; Effective x2. Ammunition x2, 5x Rounds/Actions; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Free Environment; Weapon)
    2[0] - “50mm Autocannon” (Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition x2; Inaccurate x3)
    1[0] - “Igelstellung 40mm CIWS” (Area Effect; Overwhelming; Ranged. Ammunition x2; Ineffective; Low Penetration)
    1[0] - “Unarmed Mobile Suit Melee Combat” (Affinity, Piloting. Ineffective x2; Non-Penetrating)
Level - Ability
  • +1 - Agile
  • +4 - Armored “Luna Titanium Alloy”
  • +2 - Armored “Luna Titanium-Composite Ceramic Phase Shift Armor System”
  • +2 - Attack “Mobile Suit Weapon Systems”
  • +1 - Combat Expert “Mobile Suit Combat”
  • +1 - Evasive
  • +22 - Gear “Mobile Suit Equipment”
  • +2 - Heightened Senses
  • +1 - Quick
  • +3 - Resistance “Lunar Titanium Alloy” (Ballistic Attacks)
  • +1 - Resistance “Luna Titanium-Composite Ceramic Phase Shift Armor System” (Ballistic Attacks)
  • +1 - Smart “Dual Use Cloned Neural-Mass and Metatron-based Learning Computer”
  • +1 - Strong “Field Motors, Boosted”
  • +2 - Tough
  • +3 - Vigorous “Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor” , “Gas Turbine Sub Generator”
  • +7 - Walking Arsenal “Environmental Configuration” (Gear)
  • +9 - Walking Arsenal “Optional Armaments” (Gear)
  • +6 - Walking Arsenal “Tactical Package” (Gear)
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Endurance Use “Field Motors, Boosted”, “Lunar Titanium-Composite Ceramic Phase Shift Armor System”
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Core Fighter”
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Luna Titanium Alloy”, “Luna Titanium-Composite Ceramic Phase Shift Armor System” (Half Level on Sides and Rear)
  • -2 - Servitude
And then I got the idea that I should use Gear and Vehicle to stimulate a hangar bay of a large ship. So, I came up with the following ship profile:
Pegasus-Class Assault Battlecarrier (287 Points)
With the introduction of Minovsky Particle-based warfare including the Settlement Freedom League’s innovation of the mobile suit, the UESFN Armed Forces realized that to achieve victory they must develop mobile suits of their own in the form of the G-Weapon Project portion of the overall Operation V program. The development of UESFN mobile suits naturally produced a need to transport and provide long distance fire support to these mobile weapons not unlike the Nelson-class Battlecraft, Agamemnon-class Guncraft Constellation Carrier, and the Naval Aircraft Carrier into the Vinson Plan portion of Operation V. Thus was the Pegasus-class Assault Battlecarrier was conceived with the commissioning of the first two of their class, the Class Leader Pegasus and its accompanying sister spacecraft the Archangel to which was the first to be constructed, to which both vessels in addition to the Pegasus-class itself were code named “White Base” to assure absolute secrecy against SFL espionage.

Fundamentally, the Pegasus-class can be considered a hybrid between the design philosophies of both Nelson-class Battlcraft and Agamemnon-class Guncraft Constellation Carrier in that the Pegasus-class is primarily focused upon the deployment, recovery and maintenance of its onboard compliment of mobile suits while still able to perform long distance fire support solutions such as anti-capital spacecraft and anti-fortification bombardment to ensure not only success but also the safe return of its Mobile Suit Flight. Additionally, the Pegasus-class was also designed with the addition of the SSTO-Type of Minovsky Craft System which allows the spacecraft to ascend into orbit without the need of external boosters. The Pegasus-class is also the first UESFN combat spacecraft to have multiple hulls instead of a single fuselage to comprise its primary body.

Though its primary offensive weapon systems of the Positron Blaster Cannon, Mega-Particle Projection Cannons, Linear Cannons, and Autonomous Kill Vehicle Launchers make a Pegasus-class a formidable combat spacecraft on its own, they were never truly designed for front-line engagements due to the primary focus of its onboard compliment of mobile suits. From the analysis of how SFL mobile suits have engaged UESFN capital spacecraft, the Pegasus-class was equally formidable defensively with its layered defenses of Laminated Armor and active Point Defenses. The only weakness in the defenses is that they are merely to support Mobile Suits in defensive actions against hostile penetrations rather than be the sole defense system.

The Pegasus-class was not only designed as a reaction to the modern combat environment of Minovsky particles, Mega-Particles, N-Jammers, and Mobile Suits but also in anticipation towards improved technology in the decades to come and thus feature flexible architecture not unlike commercial aircraft to rapidly adapt to unforeseen technological and tactical evolutions. Thus, the Pegasus-class slowly became less of a line of combat spacecraft models and more of a flexible idea. It was also predicted that the Pegasus-class would also serve as a constellation control spacecraft and thus nearly all Pegasus-class Assault Battlecarriers feature a Constellation Command Center for the commanding General and their staff to organize the Task Force Constellation in addition to the primary and secondary Flight Control Centers and Spacecraft Navigation Room commonly found in all non-Flagcraft combat spacecraft.

HEALTH: 90
ENDURANCE: 80
TV: 30
DX[END] - Attack
  • 0[0] - “LADAR PDS Mode” (Accurate x3; Defensive x2; Helper; Multiple Targets x6; No Gestures; Ranged. Activation; Assisted x5, Gunners; Ineffective x4; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Light Environment)
  • 1[0] - “Igelstellung 75mm Gatling Cannon CIWS Bank” (Accurate; Defensive; Helper; Multiple Targets x8; Overwhelming; Ranged. Assisted x6; Gunners; Ineffective x3)
  • 1[0] - “PD AKV Launcher Battery” (Accurate; Area Effect; Helper; Multiple Targets x11; Ranged. Activation; Assisted x7, Gunner; Delayed; Ineffective x2)
  • 2[0] - “Light AKV Launcher Battery” (Area Effect x2; Armor Piercing; Helper; Multiple Targets x9; Ranged. Activation; Assisted x6, Gunner; Delayed; Ineffective x2)
  • 3[5] - “Anti-Materiel Laser Projection PDS Bank” (Area Effect; Armor Piercing; Helper; Multiple Targets x9; Ranged. Activation; Assisted x5, Gunners; Ineffective; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Light Environment)
  • 4[0] - “Heavy AKV Launcher” (Armor Piercing x3; Helper; Multiple Targets x3; Ranged. Activation; Assisted, Gunner; Delayed; Inaccurate x3)
  • 5[0] - “Gottfried Mk.71 Dual 225cm-Barrel Mega-Particle Cannon Turret Battery” (Area Effect; Multiple Targets; Armor Piercing x3; Effective; Helper; Ranged. Assisted x2, Gunners; Buildup x2; Inaccurate; Requirement x2, Liquid/Humidity Light Environment)
  • 4[0] - “Valiant Mk.8 110cm Linear Cannon” (Armor Piercing x2; Helper; Impairing; Multiple Targets; Ranged; Stunning. Assisted x2, Gunners; Buildup; Innacurate-2)
  • 3[5] - “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Electrical Disruption” (Area Effect x3; Continued Effect; No Gesture; Ranged; Strike Through. Canceled x4, Humans; Delayed; Ineffective; Requirement , “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”; Unique x2, Effects Superconductor-based Computers only)
  • 3[5] - “Neutron Jammer, Nuclear Fission Disruption” (Area Effect x4; No Gesture; Ranged; Strike Through. Ineffective; No Damage; Requirement , “Neutron Jammer”; Unique x4, Effects Nuclear Fission only)
  • 8[30] - "Lohengrin Positron Blaster Cannon” (Area Effect; Armor Piercing x3; Blinding; Effective x4; Helper; Impairing; Ranged; Strike Through. Buildup x6; Delayed; Inaccurate x4)
  • 6[30] - “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density” (Area Effect x3; Continued Effect; Effective x2; Impairing; No Gesture; Paralyzing; Ranged; Strike Through. Backlash x4; Canceled x4, Non-Living Objects; Delayed; Requirement, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”)
Level - Ability
  • +4 - Armored “Ablative Armor”
  • +3 - Art of Invisibility “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”
  • +4 - Attack “Spacecraft Weapon Systems”
  • +2 - Continuous Use “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”
  • +2 - Flight “Minovsky Craft System, Demi-Float Type”
  • +3 - Knowledge “Mobile Suit Repair and Maintenance”
  • +130 - Gear “Mobile Suit Equipment and Armory”
  • +2 - Heightened Senses
  • +2 - Invisibility “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”
  • +3 - Life Support
  • +3 - Perception “Infrared”
  • +3 - Perceptive “LADAR”
  • +2 - Perceptive “Radar”
  • +3 - Resistance “Ablative Armor” (Directed Energy Attacks)
  • +4 - Spaceflight “Inertial Confinement Pulse Rockets”
  • +2 - Swimming “Thermonuclear Turbo Hydrojets”
  • +5 - Tough “Foamed Titanium Composite Fuselage”
  • +2 - Quick
  • +2 - Unique “Linear Mobile Suit Catapult”
  • +132 - Vehicle “Mobile Suit Hangar”
  • +2 - Vigorous “Minovsky-Ionesco Thermonuclear Reactor”
Level - Weakness
  • -1 - Endurance Use “Inertial Confinement Pulse Rockets”
  • -1 - Endurance Use “Thermonuclear Turbo Hydrojets”
  • -1 - Expendable Use “Thermal-Antimatter Rockets” (Water/Remass)
  • -1 - Identifiable Use “Neutron Jammer”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density” (Radar and Infrared)
  • -1 - Identifiable Use “Thermonuclear Turbo Hydrojets” (Infrared and Sonar)
  • -1 - Limited Uses “Neutron Jammer”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”
  • -2 - Periodical Maintenance
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Heat Radiators” (4x Radiator Fins)
  • -3 - Prerequisite “Skeleton Crew” (20x personnel)
  • -1 - Prompt Use “Neutron Jammer”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density”
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Ablative Armor” (Half Level on Sides and Rear)
  • -2 - Reduced Use “Minovsky Craft System, Demi-Float Type” (Solid Surface)
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Neutron Jammer”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion, Lethal Density” (Square Inverse Proximity)
  • -3 - Reduced Use “Neutron Jammer”, “Minovsky Particle Dispersion” (Radar/Radio, Microwave, and Infrared Only)
  • -2 - Servitude
That should help with the unusually low cost of the Minerva first-draft. So then, is my current line of thinking or are there details to be hammered out? And what of my earlier inquiries of "Broadcast Aid", "Identifiable Use", "Helper", and "Countered"?
Get your Portable ID!

Rest in Peace, Dad