Trying to figure out Miho's TV

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Scribix
Shelled Plebeian

Trying to figure out Miho's TV

Post by Scribix »

Maybe it's because I'm not a math guy...but according to Miho's sheet her TV is 20, now taking into account her Transformation I came up with 22. Does her Transformation Trigger bring it back down?

I know is shouldn't be this hard, but it's the noob in me.

Thanks,

Scrib

+3 Agile AR
+3 Attack DM
+1 Beautiful
+3 Combat Expert AR
+3 Heightened Sense (sight)
+4 Life Support
+3 Quick DR
+3 Strong DM
+2 Transformation
+2 Combat Expert (AR)
+2 Endurance Reserve
-3 Unique Weakness
+1 Unique Ability

-1 Bizarre Appearance
-3 Dependency
-2 Guardian
-2 Ineptitude
-1 Kind-hearted
-2 Naïve
-2 Trigger
-1 Unique Weakness
-3 Vulnerability (electricity)
-3 Wanted

AR 2+3+3 (+2)=8 (10) DR 2+3=5 DM 1+3+3=7
TV:20 (book)
cassius335
Worthy Tortoise

Re: Trying to figure out Miho's TV

Post by cassius335 »

Scribix wrote:Maybe it's because I'm not a math guy...but according to Miho's sheet her TV is 20, now taking into account her Transformation I came up with 22. Does her Transformation Trigger bring it back down?

I know is shouldn't be this hard, but it's the noob in me.

Thanks,

Scrib
Possibly since her Transformation is involuntary and out of Miho's control, Clay considered it unfair to factor it into her normal abilities?
CursedEmbrace
Worthy Tortoise

Post by CursedEmbrace »

Looking at it myself it seems like if you don't count the Combat Expert from the transformation it comes out as 20 and with the transformation it does seem to be 22, so possibly because the transformation isn't a permanent adjustment (like a point in Strong would be) it isn't counted? (Which is a bit like not taking into account perks and flaws for attacks when considering Threat Value, I guess) that's my take on it anyway.
cassius335
Worthy Tortoise

Post by cassius335 »

CursedEmbrace wrote:Looking at it myself it seems like if you don't count the Combat Expert from the transformation it comes out as 20 and with the transformation it does seem to be 22, so possibly because the transformation isn't a permanent adjustment (like a point in Strong would be) it isn't counted? (Which is a bit like not taking into account perks and flaws for attacks when considering Threat Value, I guess) that's my take on it anyway.
Yep. Think of it like not counting Hulk for Bruce Banner's TV (or, for a more classic example, Jekyll & Hyde).
Scribix
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Scribix »

Thanks.

As Handsome Jack would say "I'm racking my brain trying to think of a name for this diamond pony", where for me "name" = "value" and "diamond pony"= "threat value".

I do appreciate your take on it.

Scrib
cassius335
Worthy Tortoise

Post by cassius335 »

Scribix wrote:Thanks.

As Handsome Jack would say "I'm racking my brain trying to think of a name for this diamond pony", where for me "name" = "value" and "diamond pony"= "threat value".

Scrib
No worries.

Sparkles, btw. :)
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

cassius335 wrote:
Scribix wrote:Thanks.

Scrib
No worries.

Sparkles, btw. :)
Butt-Stallion got replaced?
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

To clarify, yes, I did not include Miho’s Self Preservation Mode because A) It’s only active in limited situations and B) It’s almost more likely to do harm than good, at least as far as the rest of the party is concerned.

As a rule of thumb, use the stats that are most likely to apply in a combat situation. Using Fukiko’s untransformed form for her TV isn’t really plausible, since she will be in Lovely Savior Myu Myu form for almost any fight. TV is only a vague estimate anyway. It’s possible that, with a difference of opinion, you may calculate some totals differently than I have.