Naruto possible

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Suzushiro Aoi
Shelled Plebeian

Re: Naruto possible

Post by Suzushiro Aoi »

Sorry for doing this in 2 posts but something came up.

The Genin is meant to be a more serious threat but not anything major.
There might be 2 of them.
Not sure yet.
Also the genin has 20health and chakra not 10.

I also made one of the original naruto characters.
Hinata Hyuuga (as a genin)
Abilities:
agile+2, attack+1, combat expert+1, cute+1, art of invisibility +1, evasive+1, passion(Naruto)+2, quick+2, sixt sense(Byakugan)+3, wealthy+1
Weaknesses:
ageism+1, bizarre appearance(Hyuuga eyes)+1, code of conduct(Naruto Nindo)+1, Love interest (Naruto) +3, nosebleeder+1, restricted freedom+1, shy+2
Attacks:
Gentle fist style(Juuken):
armour piercing+5, requirements Byakugan-5, fatiguing+0, will attack+0
acc: 5, DX2, will, chakra damage, -2 armour
Gentle Art Style(Juuken Po):
impairing+10, requirements Byakugan-5, elaborate gestures-5, will attack+0, fatiguing+0
acc:5, DX2, impairing, will, chakra damage
Shugohakke Rokujuuyon Shoo (Protection of the eight trigrams: 64 palms)
Defensex2(+2)+10, overwhelming+10, elaborate gestures-5, requirements Byakugan-5, armour piercing+5, delayed(attack is delayed, defense isn't)-5
acc: 5, DX2, -2armour, +2defense, no action or no defense, chakra 10
5-10 chakra.
Unarmed
acc5, DX2
Health/chakra: 40/40

This is Hinata around the chunin exam. I think.

What do you think?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Once again, great advice Raven. The cheat sheets look like they’d be really useful, too!

While it’s not quite as hard and fast as your suggestion there are specific notes about Health and Endurance in the Revised game.

1) Endurance is regained, completely, any time the characters can manage a brief rest. 30 minutes or so of “story” time. They don’t have to take a NAP or anything, just a period of time where they can catch their breath, talk about their current situation, and plan for the next step.
2) Health is regained only when characters can have an extended rest (generally between adventures.) If your characters want to attempt to regain Health during the day, they need both a significant chunk of time to rest (at least 3-4 hours). Then they roll 2 dice (+ Vigorous Dice if you have it) and restore Health equal to the result.

Experience is also handled a little more explicitly, but it’s still a LITTLE hand-wavy, so I don’t see much point in reiterating the new text here.

I’ve never seen Naruto, so I can’t really comment on the accuracy of the write-ups here, but they look perfectly sound to me. Nice to see you’re not loading up on 4s and 5s (which is always tempting to do.)
StarRaven
Worthy Tortoise

Post by StarRaven »

The only problem I can see there with Hinata is that her attack has Requirement: Byakugan and according to the rest of the character sheet, the Byakugan isn't something she can ever NOT have (rendering the requirement kind of moot.) If you want her to have like, a Byakugan mode where she is actively using it (I forget how it works ahhhh) then maybe a low-level Transformation is in order. (With Bizarre Appearance?)

Thanks Clay. :3 That's a good way to do Health/Endurance and it would save a lot on the "how many days has it been since the last fight??"s that plague our games. Hehe.