what campaigns will you be doing with OVA when you get it?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Ayleron
Shelled Plebeian

Re: what campaigns will you be doing with OVA when you get i

Post by Ayleron »

Wow Dreamstryder that sounds like a game that could quickly become very deep and personal. I could see people (the gaming group) connecting to eachother in ways that are more rare in normal everyday interactions. Its not everyday a GM puts together a game like that. At least not in my experience. Good job, and good luck with it. :)
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Atmo »

And i just remember: Night Wizard! 2E.

The anime is very cool, and was created to add an ending to the light novel series. 24~26 "classes", modern day magicians fighting against extraplanar demons, loli Maous and a huge pack of action!
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

We'll be continuing this campaign. But changing the tone from Shonen to Seinen, and using the theme: What is Human?

But instead of using a stereotypical 'robot', we're doing genetic manipulation and what it means. Or so GM said.

The only characters we're using will be modified versions of Karis D'Ori and Shadowman.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron
markodude
Exalted Amphibian

Post by markodude »

I'll start a sort of Final Fantasy Campaign.
Inspired by FF7 and FF8: swords, airships, guns, evil governments, flashy martial arts, badass characters and drama.

That's the idea. :D
uberfridgeking
Shelled Plebeian

Post by uberfridgeking »

I want to do a steam punk setting, angels vs daemons with mortals in the middle kind of campaign. Though I have not a clue where my group will take me.
DarthFox
Shelled Plebeian

Post by DarthFox »

Hi Everybody!
I'm one of the lucky guys that purchased a Missile Maiden package on kickstarter!

What campaigns? humm...

1) what about a "Street Fighter"/ "Tekken" looks alike themed series?
2) ... Project ARMS?
fullmetalgaz
Shelled Plebeian

Post by fullmetalgaz »

Hey guys! unfortunately i didn't find out about OVA till after the kickstarter but i am stoked to play it!

I thought that doing either Sword art online as there isn't a system that would work for it yet or a game based around the Persona series which has a good blend of school and combat :)

What you guys think?

-Fullmetal
-Fullmetal
Dreamstryder
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Dreamstryder »

A Persona game sounds like it would make full use of combat rules and the various perks and flaws easily. I'm not as familiar with Sword Art Online, but I've never had a problem running typical fantasy combat in OVA (my previous OVA experience was a Disgaea/Paper Mario-inspired, loopy fantasy adventure).
Ayleron
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Ayleron »

Just finished watching SAO today and that would totally make a super awesome campaign! It would definitely work for sword skills and magic to be endurance attacks. If your including alfheim I would give people a number of rounds they can fly for if/when they take the fly skill.
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Atmo »

Ayleron wrote:Just finished watching SAO today and that would totally make a super awesome campaign! It would definitely work for sword skills and magic to be endurance attacks. If your including alfheim I would give people a number of rounds they can fly for if/when they take the fly skill.
Play the PSP game, more ideias about long range weapons will come.
Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

I would definitely be up for a revival of my music-themed tokusatsu game. I also figure OVA would be great for a game in the Familiar of Zero canon, but I've lost my tolerance for that show.
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!
KaitoAIDA
Shelled Plebeian

Post by KaitoAIDA »

When I get my hands on the system I hope to do something in the Kingdom Hearts vein as well as Yu Yu Hakusho setting. Maybe even something like Outlaw Star, since there is a universe to explore there.
Atmo
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Atmo »

As GM: i'm doing something close to Mahou Shoujo Elena that started on another system then i asked to the player to change systems; everything worked nicely.

As player: playing a solo with videogames refferences, but i'm not sure whose. Everything is going smoothly and only 2 sessions happened till now.
squidheadjax
Shelled Plebeian

Post by squidheadjax »

The GM of my usual Saturday table is intending to do something in RWBY's setting... in several months, when our current campaign is likely to finish.

*looks around shiftily*

I am tempted to nudge things toward a swifter resolution via TPK.
Only tempted.
Chris Brady
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Chris Brady »

squidheadjax wrote:I am tempted to nudge things toward a swifter resolution via TPK.
Only tempted.
Don't do that. It'll create a rift between you and the GM.
"And now my friends, a Dragon's Toast! To life's little blessings; wars, plagues and all forms of evil. Their presence keeps us alert-- And their absence keeps us grateful!" - T.A. Barron