Release Date...still on track for July 23rd?

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

herowithoutacause
Shelled Plebeian

Release Date...still on track for July 23rd?

Post by herowithoutacause »

So are you still on track for the July 23rd release date?

Walter
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I am unable to be certain at this point, but I'm afraid the release date will be likely missed again. But I guess it's a sort of tribute to RPGs...most seem to face endless delays don't they?

However, the art is coming in steadily, so it should not be long after the 23rd if all continues as it does.
Tenka
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Tenka »

Clay wrote:I am unable to be certain at this point, but I'm afraid the release date will be likely missed again. But I guess it's a sort of tribute to RPGs...most seem to face endless delays don't they?

However, the art is coming in steadily, so it should not be long after the 23rd if all continues as it does.
Just take advantage of the art being late for one more round of proofreading. Bad editing is another RPG tradition I don't really care for. :P

j/a, one more fresh pair of eyes cannot hurt.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Oh, don't worry. I fancy myself a grammar nut, and I am VERY particular about it. Though I won't preclude the possibilty some typo might slip in, rest assured there will not be any hideous errors. I've read too many horribly unproofread RPGs myself.
herowithoutacause
Shelled Plebeian

Don't rush it!

Post by herowithoutacause »

Oh, by the way...I'm looking forward to OVA, and I was curious when it would be out, but please take as much time as you need to get it right. In my book, quality is much more important than when it comes out. And yes, crappy proofreading for RPG's is a big pet peeve of mine as well...I'm not picky about typos, but when rules don't match examples or the chart on page XX is cut out, things where your not sure what the designer intended, those are the goofs that cheese me off...and there far too common in this hobby.
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I have been notably vexed by this habit of RPGs myself, but once you make an RPG of your own...you begin to sympathize a little more with how some of these errors come to be. Lord forbid you change the name of something...it's so easy to not change all instances of said name. ^^

But don't worry, I'm trying my very best to make OVA error free, and I'll probably show it around to a few friends in a last ditch attempt to eliminate all errors.
Tenka
Shelled Plebeian

Post by Tenka »

Clay wrote:I have been notably vexed by this habit of RPGs myself, but once you make an RPG of your own...you begin to sympathize a little more with how some of these errors come to be.
Not really. I'm a published writer and now an editor and I still bite my lip over errors I left through several years ago.

Clay wrote:Lord forbid you change the name of something...it's so easy to not change all instances of said name. ^^
I've done that for several of my own texts in the past. Word's "search" and "search and replace" functions are a blessing.

Clay wrote:But don't worry, I'm trying my very best to make OVA error free, and I'll probably show it around to a few friends in a last ditch attempt to eliminate all errors.
Cool. 8) Did you read my PM?