Arcane Magic Attribute

Discuss rule quandaries, supplements, or anything else OVA related here.

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Basically, the jist is that to keep an Ability "active" you can spend half the endurance cost again...

EXCEPT when rules for keeping an Ability active over a period of rounds already exists.

For example, keeping Strength active requires half the casting cost again.

Barrier, however, has its own rules for keep Barrier active. You only spend extra endurance to cover additional damage. However, you cannot take any other actions while Barrier is effective.

Does that make more sense for you?
yoyo

Post by yoyo »

which mp cost do you use for stuff like power move? do you use both or only magic's cost?
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Both. ^_^
Cloud
Savior of Turtles

Post by Cloud »

which can make magic cost a whole lot. Be sure to buy some levels of vitality (i think) if the character in question is a mage.
Watch this and all will become clear...http://tinyurl.com/m7qr3rq
Inquisitor Melchior
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Inquisitor Melchior »

You forgot one of the more interesting points of the thread; perks and flaws can be used, with GM permission, on any applicable effect. While this won’t come in useful very often, it allows for some interesting twists on certain attributes, and makes for far more diversified spellcasting. Personally I’d like to see some perks and flaws specifically created for use with non-combat attributes.

Also, when creating magical characters, don’t forget Endurance Reserves for those who prefer to draw their powers from mystic artifacts. Not only does this grant a good amount of additional endurance, but it also balances its cost nicely with the Focus weakness. In fact, this is probably the best method (at least in my opinion) for creating characters that have phenomenal magical powers, but little tolerance for direct combat.
"Walk three steps and thousands of years may pass. Within the confines of the four pillars, even time is but a brief illusion.”
Hiraku Nishida -Gasaraki