Cutting a pice of the pie

A free-for-all place for any discussion under the sun. Just find yourself a log and chat away!

Moderators: Clay, Jade

jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Cutting a pice of the pie

Post by jakk9000 »

I just found this on the internet.

http://www.maidrpg.com/

Looks like fun. But harder then hell to find willing guinea pigs for it though.
calibur1
Worthy Tortoise

Post by calibur1 »

You know... I'm an adult, heterosexual, married man, and that still looks cool to me. LOL

And I know what you mean. I had the same problem getting players (other than my wife) for Blue Rose.
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

Blue Rose does look interesting.

To fill in the mechanics one person usually the gm plays the master everyone else is a Maid or if there is enough maids a one uno butler. Most of the game seems to come though the fact that players trying to get favor will beat each other senseless though the stress system. Witch turns out into hilarious scenes like them sabotaging each others dresses pranks or just good old fashioned being better and the more players can come up with excuses they can use their better stats like waking up the master. All the other maids used affection to try to wake him up but one wanted to use her athletics so she just yanked him out bed.

Sorry big rambling on.
Father of Dragons
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Father of Dragons »

The translators for the Maid RPG hang out at www.storygames.com, and there's been a number of discussion threads about the game there. I have to admit I've been tempted to order it myself, but haven't been able to convince myself I'd ever run it. The question is, I guess, if it's worth getting just to read.
"If that's pure logic I'll take vanilla."
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

I bought it thinking I'll never get to play it but boy is it fun to mock play it in my head.
calibur1
Worthy Tortoise

Post by calibur1 »

I got around running Blue Rose by calling it True20, and I just never showed up with the rulebook. I could the same with Maid by disguising it as OVA.

And I've collected a LOT of rpgs that I've never played. Most of the time I strip them for ideas for other games.
Joe_Mello
Exalted Amphibian

Post by Joe_Mello »

Words escape me.

That being said, I'd probably have issues with a more dramatic system because I have plot issues. I'd probably be up for a one-shot, but that's probably all I could be good for.

I find this interesting, though
Also, please don't be a total dick and post the PDF online. Every dollar we get means that there's that much more of a chance that we'll be able to afford to bring more interesting Japanese RPGs over into English.
Now, does that mean MAID isn't interesting enough? :3
Joe_Mello: Could you make a common sense roll, please, Ryu?
Ryushikaze: With Smart?
Joe_Mello: Sure
*Ryushikaze rolls*
Joe_Mello: SHE'S DEAD!
jakk9000
Worthy Tortoise

Post by jakk9000 »

... No clue
zeth
Worthy Tortoise

Post by zeth »

I have bought and played/GMed MAID games on rpol.net. It is a pretty silly and up beat game. Definitely NOT a game you take seriously.