HAPPY NEW YEAR

A free-for-all place for any discussion under the sun. Just find yourself a log and chat away!

Moderators: Clay, Jade

Cloud
Savior of Turtles

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Post by Cloud »

Happy new year!
Watch this and all will become clear...http://tinyurl.com/m7qr3rq
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

Wise Turtle insists the holiday is ridiculous and has no resolutions for the New Year. Apparently because "One cannot improve upon perfection."

Ah well, hope everyone had a good one, anyway. ^_^;
Inquisitor Melchior
Worthy Tortoise

Post by Inquisitor Melchior »

Happy new year (well, 3 days after)! It feels good to usher off the hectic holidays (Don’t get me wrong, I quite enjoyed my Christmas and New Years, but it’s nice to have free time again).
Clay wrote: Wise Turtle insists the holiday is ridiculous and has no resolutions for the New Year. Apparently because "One cannot improve upon perfection."
Is he more an adherent of the Chinese New Year? Of course there is no ‘Year of the Turtle’ so he probably doesn’t fancy it either, does he? :)

Unfortunately the new year brings some small ill-tidings to my little suburban neighborhood; our local game shop went out of business last month :(. True, it catered mostly to D20 players, but I'll still miss it (and I was going to try to organize a playing group there since I'm having the hardest time finding players in my area who are willing to give OVA a shot). Worst of all, our nearest game shop is now an hours drive away!

P.S.
I feel I should note that I have nothing against D20, but I do have a few friends who like to coerce me into making custom classes for them, and though I don't mind creating custom classes, it can become a very tedious process to craft, balance, and rule check them given how extensive and complex a system D20 is. That and I prefer versatile, adaptive, rules-light systems myself (but I still insist that I do not dislike D&D, lest I be bombarded with posts of fiery wrath :) ).
"Walk three steps and thousands of years may pass. Within the confines of the four pillars, even time is but a brief illusion.”
Hiraku Nishida -Gasaraki
Clay
Dangerously Sane

Post by Clay »

I feel your pain. My regular gaming shop went out of business a year ago or so...and it already WAS an hour away. So count your blessings! *laughs*

And yeah, d20 is fun in its own way. I guess it's kinda like Mounds v. Almond Joy...sometimes you feel like a nut (want your crunch) and sometimes you don't. ^_^

As for the Chinese New Year, I don't think any holiday that so clearly marks the passage of time is a favorite for him. He prefers to think of himself as ageless. ;p